Crocs RX Relief - anyone have them? (plantar fascilitis)

My wife and I each got a pair of the Crocs Rx Reliefs.. We love them! Usually my feet will hurt after a few hrs standing on them, but these shoes provide excellent cushioning and arch support. The wife stands most of the day during her work and she told me her feet are fine and that the shoes are very comfortable.

We got them online from The Orthotic Shop, here's the link I bookmarked to their Crocs Rx page:

Crocs Rx at The OrthoticShop

I like that site since they have free fast shipping and give a discount when you buy more than one pair.

-HelpfulTraveler

Both my mother and I ordered some from the Crocs online store. WE LOVE THEM! Omg...comfyest shoes ever. They run a little big, so we had to return, but I say the Croc kiosk in our mall had them last week.

My wife and I each got a pair of the Crocs Rx Reliefs.. We love them! Usually my feet will hurt after a few hrs standing on them, but these shoes provide excellent cushioning and arch support. The wife stands most of the day during her work and she told me her feet are fine and that the shoes are very comfortable.

We got them online from The Orthotic Shop, here's the link I bookmarked to their Crocs Rx page:

Crocs Rx at The OrthoticShop

I like that site since they have free fast shipping and give a discount when you buy more than one pair.

-HelpfulTraveler

ugh they just lowered their prices a tad.. $38.95 is better than the 41.95 they were charging, maybe I can get a credit!

I have a pair of the Beach and have for many years. I have plantar fasciitis as well. I never go barefoot anymore. I wear my crocs all through the house and rarely outside of the house.

I have spent some trips in Disney unable to walk when I got out of bed in the morning, but not any more! Since I've been wearing my crocs indoors, I would say that my foot is atleast 90% completely healed! I'm so happy I bought them - and it was because of the advice I found on these boards!

my mom has plantar's as well as knee problems and got the rx crocs and had pretty much immediate relief and actual bought additional pairs. She has suffered for years with no other treatments working and believes these shoes are a miracle!!

Thanks so much for this post!!!! I am a PF sufferer and this is all great advice. I will be looking into the crocs rk. My regular crocs have been great for around the house, but mabye these will work for disney.

Crocs RX Relief - anyone have them?

I have heel pain (from plantar fascilitis and a heel spur). I have a pair of Crocs Scutes which are very comfortable (more comfortable than Ryka walking shoes with the orthopedists's heel cups!). Unfortunately the only other regular Crocs with the same cushioned heel as the Scutes is the flipflop (Athens, I think) which doesn't fit me correctly.

I discovered a link at crocs.com to crocsrx.com. I ordered a pair of the special crocs for people with plantar fascilitis called the Relief. http://www.crocsrx.com/patientLanding

I've read old posts here that say ordering from crocs.com is a nightmare. I hope that is no longer true!

I've also read complaints in older posts about the fit of Crocs and blisters. I notice that some Crocs models actually have one shoe to bridge two shoe sizes (the Beach for example). You may need to try different models on to find a proper fit.

Our local Sports Authority sells the Beach, the Athens, and the Scutes, even this time of year with snow on the ground. :goodvibes

I thought I had heel spurs (plantar facsilits) a few years back and went and saw a foot doctor who took x rays and sure enough there was a little spur on my heel. (actually had little spurs on both heels). He recommended this that and the other thing and then said if that didn't work he would recommend surgery.

Saw another foot doctor who was a friend of a friend, who said that most of the free world has heel spurs and what he would recommend is to be constantly stretching your calves and that would do the trick.

After one five minute session of calf stretches I never had pain again. That is all you really need to do if you truly don't have heel spurs. Just constantly stretch your calf and you will be pain free.

I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to thank you for it!

I have had heel spur pain in my right foot since 2004. I just got my Croc Rx Reliefs last month (broke down and paid the $40) to wear around the house like slippers instead of going around with just socks on and I have noticed relief!

One thing my podiatrist mentioned if you have chronic heel pain - if you go to a gym and workout, make sure to stretch before you workout very well and that should help too.

My only problem with the crocs is that the left foot fits perfectly, but I can really feel my big toe hitting on the right side - do I just stretch that band thing (I wear them with it around my heel for security so I don't lose one on the stairs).

Thanks!

:)

I would stretch the band if it is hitting your right big toe. Relief Crocs are far more padded and better for foot problems than regular Crocs. I started with pairs of regular Crocs which were good, but decided to try a pair of Reliefs and glad I did. I live in my Crocs now, wear them summer and winter and rarely put on other shoes unless I have too....:sad1:

I have PF too. I have several different styles of Crocs including beach, petra, flip flops etc. The Rx are awful. I wear my Crocs ALL of the time but the Rx have only been worn maybe 10 times in 2 years. They are too stiff for me:confused3 :confused3

Can anyone tell me the difference between the two RX crocs - the relief or the cloud.

Crocs RX Reliefs were designed to help with heel pain, but also with back issues too. Crocs RX Cloud have an extra layer around the toes to help provide protection for Diabetic feet-less injury. They also make a more expensive Crocs RX Cloud that protects against bacteria since people with Diabetes are prone to have multiple problems with their feet.
I am diabetic and have recently had back surgery. I will have to use an ECV when we go to WDW in June. I wear my CrocsRX Relief almost everyday to work(I teach full day 4K). I wear them with socks in the winter, but I like them better when I can wear just the shoes!!!!:thumbsup2

1. Arch supports in all of my shoes; I bought a very expensive pair ($300) and then discovered that the drug store inserts work just as well, and fit some of my shoes better. A recent study agrees with me, so don't spend a lot if you don't have to!

2. Sleeping in the sock that pulls your toes up, alternating feet each night for a few weeks.

I do wear regular Crocs at home (NEVER in public!). They help, depending on what shoes you wear otherwise.

The arch supports made a huge difference within two days, and now, about six months later, I seldom have discomfort. When I do, it's usually because I wore dress sandals w/out arch supports.

Double-doses of Aleve help too.

DO NOT STOP MOVING! WALK, RUN, STRETCH.

The Crocs web site is still lousy, and the company can be unresponsive and downright unpleasant if you have a problem.

I just got a pair of the CrocsRX Relief a couple of days ago and find them to be harder than my Beach Crocs, which seems to be making my heel hurt worse. I'm wondering if maybe there is a break-in period for them. My employer does not allow Crocs so I've only worn these around the house a little. I hope they get better.

I got the Crocs RX for my PF too. They only help as a "switch-off" from my regular shoes for brief periods of time. If I wear them for more than a few hours my feet AND legs ache like crazy! The funny thing is that my podiatrist not only recommends them for PF, he sells them in his office!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter