Crowds today were AMAZING

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
Today was just pure magic! I was expecting busy parks with Deluxe APs unblocked yesterday and last few days for the AP bring a friend deal but NOPE! Low crowds all day! We arrived late at 10am because we weren’t planning on coming until last minute. No waits for parking, security or all the gates all day!

Bunch of rides were walk-on all day. Walked on to Pirates at 2:30. Walked on to DUMBO at 3pm. We were only in the parks five hours and did Monsters Inc twice, Toy Story Midway Mania, Jessie's carousel, Little Mermaid, Radiator Springs Racers, Soarin, Pirates and Dumbo, plus saw Philharmagic. At noon I could have picked up another FP for RSR for 2:30 (crazy!) but we decided to do Soarin instead.

I also had to pump twice (left baby at home with the grandparents) yet still got all that done, and also had lunch at Flo’s and did a little shopping on Main Street. What a great day! I was chatting with some not-locals and they were in happy disbelief!

It really was a low crowd day. We started at CA about 10 am and I could have walked onto most attractions for the first few hours. Even early evening had many waits of 15-20 minutes or less. We were really pleased since Sunday was packed.

I have multiple last minute hotel offers in my inbox (Hojo, Anaheim Majestic) so it’s looking low from that end too.

Sure was a good day...Millennium falcon was only 35 mins at about 4pm and the queue was exactly that!...the party of 3 with us complained as they wanted to be pilots so just the 3 of us rode which was a bit strange!

Can confirm. Millennium Falcon was a true 35 minutes at 3pm. That line moved so fast. There was literally no one at the station at Pirates at 4pm. At 2pm, there was literally no one in line for Guardians. I even asked the cast member if the ride was broken or was the park just dead. I really wasn’t sure at that point.

It was almost like that Monday as well. I thought with the So Cal APs opening up it would be crazy busy, but quite the opposite.

This makes me want to plan a trip again this time next year.

We were there for a couple hours today - started with brunch at La Brea Bakery. Popped into DL about 11:30, watched the band, rode Indy and Big Thunder with return times that were 10-15 minutes out. The one problem I had was most of the people seem to have never walked in a crowd before. I got hit by people on my right and my left at the same time as I walked towards Big Thunder - I was walking to the right, but oncoming people were taking up the whole walkway and cutting in front of me and just banged into me. :crazy2:

It was hot enough that we grabbed water and a treat at Jolly Holiday and then headed out. The perks of being local. :lovestruc

I noticed that! It made me get excited for our trip in a week. I can only hope it’s like that a day or two we’re there.

Last year we were in Disneyland at the same time frame and it was low crowds all week. I expected to never match that low crowd level but we went 8/13-8/18 this year and it was even lower crowds. Well except for that Saturday but it was still easily managed.

Enjoy it friends!! I love being able to move freely and do less waiting and more rides!

We were there too, and didn't use a single fast pass. 30m for Smuggler's Run, 15m for Big Thunder, 10m for Soarin, etc. etc. It was great!

Last year we were in Disneyland at the same time frame and it was low crowds all week...

We've gone to Disneyland for the last two weeks of August around 6 or 7 times since 2004. In my experience, the last week of August always has low crowds. It is definitely my favourite time of year to go.

Another good week to go is the first week in January, although the last couple of times we tried that the crowds were larger than I expected.

We've gone the week before Labour Day before and the crowds were very light. I was so afraid it would be crowded (I'd never been during the summer), but once there we were so relieved. Most of the school districts there go back to school that week. Bonus for us as Canadians as our schools always went back after Labour day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter