Crown_Princess and Angrypenguin DFTW 03/30/2009-7/24 Update, MGM studios!

Sooo….slow day at work, so I decided I’d update this (unfortunately) neglected PJ! We left off exploring the WL.

In trying to recollect our events, we relaxed that day and met our parents in the morning for some breakfast. (If I forget things, I’m sure Crown_Princess will fill in the details )Well, half breakfast. We just ate whatever was free(!) that was provided by the concierge service. Both sets of parents were leaving that day, as well as the grandmas, so we wanted to say goodbye and thank them for coming down to WDW.

Now, ever since we visited Epcot and rode a segway for about 30 seconds when we visited for our planning session, I’ve always wanted to do a Segway tour. It was too late to reserve for the Epcot tour, but earlier I had seen signs that they do an off-road Segway “hike” at Fort Wilderness. Rumbling through the forest with little physical activity required. I was all over it. Except that when I called, they were booked up and couldn’t fit us in before we left the following day. I’m still upset over it. The terrorists won, this time.

Late in the afternoon, we were to meet our friends Alison and Jacob at MGM/Disney Hollywood Studios/whatever it’s called, and I looked forward to getting to spend some time with them as we hadn’t seen them much all week. We didn’t do a full day, because I still have trouble figuring out how to spend a full day at the studios; it seems to me you’re usually done in 4 or 5 hours.

We took the bus and went on it, and after some text messages figured out that they were watching the High School Musical 3 show near the hat, so away we went. We showed up, and we actually ended up standing about 10 feet away from them in the ginormous crowd. I yelled, I hollered, I blew smoke signals, but I couldn’t get their attention. So, I decided to play paparazzi and see if I could sneak pics of them without notice. It wasn’t very difficult.

3415611151_0d350cd1b1_b.jpg

Now, I enjoy Tower of Terror, and so does our friend Alison, but the other two….not so much. But, like always, I always get my way (ha!) and decided to head toward the dreaded ToT. Not before we stopped for some pics though.

3415613443_c374014d05_b.jpg

3416422408_00d0331766_b.jpg

Al and I split off to go on ToT, but Jacob and Crown_Princess whimpered out and decided not to come. We were hoping the line would only be a few minutes, but alas, it wasn’t to be. Grabbing some fastpasses, we then went back to look for our significant others. Turns out Crown_Princess ran onto RnR, and Jacob wandered off shopping…somewhere. By the time we gathered our hunnies, it was time for our FP! I won’t bore you with the details of ToT, as I’m sure you all have ridden it many times.

The ladies posing just outside the exit area.

3416423426_f14cd34bb6_b.jpg

Being thrown up and down by ghosts in an alternate reality really famishes you, so we stopped for some food. I finally decided to buck up and get a turkey leg, and let me tell you, boy was it average. Not to mention chewy. I guess I don’t know what I was expecting, but you always see people eating it and they look so happy, and people rave about them all the time, I suppose I was expecting a fiesta in my mouth, but instead felt like I had just eaten Gumby. Ah well, at least the taco salad we got was nice.

Up next: our final night of a wonderful trip :sad1:

I just stumbled on your PJ/TR, your pictures are gorgeous and Randy's pictures are great, you did a great job on the editing. We were considering getting a new DSLR, but alas the wedding has not left much budget for one.

You both look so happy, such a cute couple!

:rolleyes1 So it's been awhile. We've had an interesting first year 5 months of marriage. Just this past week we decided to move to another state! :scared1:

Anyway, I feel like I want to finish our wedding trip story, so here it goes.

Day 7

There are no pics for this day because it was leaving day.

We woke up in the morning and packed as much as we could. We had to be mostly packed by around 9am for the arrival of our parents. We had invited DF's parents and my parents (with grandma) to come enjoy a light concierge level continental breakfast and wilderness lodge. Of course we went down to the lobby to get them, as they couldn't get up to the concierge level without a room key. It was the first informal inter-family breaking of bread. Everyone was relaxed from their Disney vacations. My parents were all checked out of their hotels and ready to go the airport. DF's parents were leaving soon too. We still had wedding cake left - beware that the top level of an escape cake is far too much for two people - so we gave that to DF's parents. We gave a handful of WL chocolates to my parents.

After the parents left we gave our bags to the bell hop and went to Downtown Disney for our traditional last minute shopping spree. I was starting to feel cheap and didn't buy anything. DF bought a mickey, tradition each time we go to Disney, this time it was a bride minnie holding a groom mickey's hand. :lovestruc :goodvibes

We then went back to WL and stuffed the souvenirs in our suitcases. I got the chocolate castle topper from the bell hop (they had held it in the fridge) and waited in the air conditioned lobby for the bus to arrive. DH went outside and we set up a system so that he could alert me when the Magical Express bus arrived without me taking too long to get outside. The purpose: didn't want the castle to melt. I'm so proud that I got that castle home without even one crack! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Only problem is: we're moving prior to our 1 yr anniversary. I was hoping to wait until our anniversary to eat the castle. It's' been in the fridge since we got home. Should we eat it before moving????:confused3

Well, that's the end of our trip report. I hope you enjoyed it and that our thread doesn't get lost again. :hug:

I say if you want to save if, depending on if you are driving or not, pack it in a cooler with ice and it should be fine. It would be the wonderful traveling castle :goodvibes

Moving is always a big step which is both exciting and scary at the same time! Congrats and good luck on this endeavor. I know it was hard for DH when he moved to OH for a few years, but he ended up back in our home state :goodvibes

You might want to check with Disney because I know you can buy the castles and have them shipped they might have some tips about the castle. I'm sure if you made it all the way home with it in one piece, it should survive another trip. Plus, even if it breaks it will still taste just as yummy!

I am jumping in VERY late, but I just "stumbled" on your TR and I wanted to say that I loved it! You had a beautiful wedding and your pics are awesome!

Good luck with your move! It's always nice to see a fellow Los Angeleno on DIS.

Side note - you can get jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. At DL, I believe they are available at Coke Corner and there is a stand in Frontierland. In DCA, they are available at the Karl Straus beer truck (which I guess you may not hit up too often ;)) and there are a few carts around the park. Just in case you have a Disneyland day before your move! :thumbsup2

I am jumping in VERY late, but I just "stumbled" on your TR and I wanted to say that I loved it! You had a beautiful wedding and your pics are awesome!

Good luck with your move! It's always nice to see a fellow Los Angeleno on DIS.

Side note - you can get jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels at Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. At DL, I believe they are available at Coke Corner and there is a stand in Frontierland. In DCA, they are available at the Karl Straus beer truck (which I guess you may not hit up too often ;)) and there are a few carts around the park. Just in case you have a Disneyland day before your move! :thumbsup2

Hi KrazyKat! Thank you for your kind words. It's funny you mentioned the pretzels, I actually found them at DL and DCA when we visited a couple months ago! I was very excited.

Unfortunately we're not Los Angelenos anymore :sad1: We just moved to Dallas, TX, which is why we haven't been on very much. I hope we'll move back some day though, as I love SoCal and miss it :(

We live in LA county again. Texas was nice but we needed Cali back in our lives. We did bring a little one back with us...not a baby, the cutest Corgi dog girl in the world!!:lovestruc

OMG I almost died when I read little one! lol Congratulations on the move back!!

I just re-read our entire PJ. We've been married for 3.5 years now. I had forgotten so many details. I 'm so glad to have this PJ. I think I should print the whole thing out soon, so that I will have these memories for later.

Thank you , Dis Boards, for giving us the opportunity to document such an important time in our lives. Please keep this PJ for a while so I can get around to printing it.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter