Crown_Princess and Angrypenguin DFTW 03/30/2009-7/24 Update, MGM studios!

Awesome report honey!

Don't forget that we went to Flights of Wonder - my favorite!
Of course we sat in the middle so that the birds would swoop over us.
The same CM does the show for the past few years. hehe

Great report AP! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you mentioned the jalapeno pretzal... I'll be sure to go on a hunt for one when we go in September! I can't believe the alligator lady asked if you actually got married. :rolleyes: I also liked the Nemo on speed comment. I've never seen the show but I'm glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to read more! :flower3:

glad you liked finding Nemo.... Dan HATED it.

Also, Bahama Breeze is my favorite restaurant ever. We have one in Fort Lauderdale and there is one in Novi by my parents house!

Alright, I'm finally caught up.

Your wedding looked wonderful. You make an adorable couple! I love how you are both writing your report. It's great to get both perspectives. Anyway, just thought I'd stop in and say how great everything looked! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Beautiful photos, you both make a great couple and I love how you both are into your TR, if only DH would joing Disboards:confused3

Angrypenguin- I love your photos!!! :goodvibes

Looks like a nice start to marrried life- Other than Miss Snobby Snippypants of course!! Chef Mickeys looks great! And yay for the baby alligator that Crown_Princess got to pet!! It looks so cute!

Bob xoxoxoxo

Thank you! Yeah, we don't know what was with Miss Snobby Snippypants that morning. :confused3 Perhaps she was just on a power trip that morning or something.

Awesome report honey!

Don't forget that we went to Flights of Wonder - my favorite!
Of course we sat in the middle so that the birds would swoop over us.
The same CM does the show for the past few years. hehe

Hi sweetie:banana: Yeah, I forgot about flights of wonder. I dunno, it's not that wondrous anymore when you've seen it 6 times. It's fun to see that same CM year after year though:lmao:

Great report AP! :thumbsup2 I'm glad you mentioned the jalapeno pretzal... I'll be sure to go on a hunt for one when we go in September! I can't believe the alligator lady asked if you actually got married. :rolleyes: I also liked the Nemo on speed comment. I've never seen the show but I'm glad you enjoyed it! Can't wait to read more! :flower3:

YES! You MUST have that jalapeno pretzel. When you find it, buy a box for me too. In fact, buy two boxes.

glad you liked finding Nemo.... Dan HATED it.

Also, Bahama Breeze is my favorite restaurant ever. We have one in Fort Lauderdale and there is one in Novi by my parents house!

There's one in Troy, too!

Alright, I'm finally caught up.

Your wedding looked wonderful. You make an adorable couple! I love how you are both writing your report. It's great to get both perspectives. Anyway, just thought I'd stop in and say how great everything looked! Can't wait to read more! :thumbsup2

Thank you for joining us! Stop by as often as you want :)

Beautiful photos, you both make a great couple and I love how you both are into your TR, if only DH would joing Disboards:confused3

Thanks for the kind comment, DisneyFairy! It's easy to get your DH to join the Disboards. Just bribe him with food or electronics :).

Tomorrow's a lazy sunday, so maybe we'll post another update.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Christina, I was just noticing your ticker...do you have 4 Disney trips planned in the next year?! I'm so jealous, but yet thankful because now I don't feel guilty for going back to Disney (most likely) in September/October. :rotfl:

Hey everyone! I hope everyone's having a great week. Things have been busy here; we're in the middle of making some big decisions, so hopefully it all goes well. Additionally, I, er, "we", got a new Mac, so I've been starting to edit our wedding video.

Should have an update soon! How's everyone doing?

Hey everyone! I hope everyone's having a great week. Things have been busy here; we're in the middle of making some big decisions, so hopefully it all goes well. Additionally, I, er, "we", got a new Mac, so I've been starting to edit our wedding video.

Should have an update soon! How's everyone doing?

I'm doing very well Thank you! :goodvibes oooo a new computer, that's very exciting. Good luck with your editing! And your big decision making! :wizard:

Just saying hello.

DH and I are sad because we wanted to go to Disney in September, to use our annual passes, and now we can't go. We might move and have to save our vacation time. :guilty:Poop!
Yay moving!

Just saying hello.

DH and I are sad because we wanted to go to Disney in September, to use our annual passes, and now we can't go. We might move and have to save our vacation time. :guilty:Poop!
Yay moving!

Hi! I am coming out of lurking to say I love reading your reports! I love how both of you get into them and you are a stunning couple!!!

Where are you guys plannng on moving? GL with the decision!!

Hi! I am coming out of lurking to say I love reading your reports! I love how both of you get into them and you are a stunning couple!!!

Woo hoo, a new victim...er, fan! Thanks for your kind words.

We're thinking about the Dallas area, but it's up in the air right now. Hopefully everything will be sorted out soon!

I am way behind and had to stop by to say I enjoyed the latest update. I must track down these jalapeno cheese pretzels next time we're down there, DH and I love that kind of stuff. Chef Mickey's is always a blast for a celebration. We went two days after our wedding and really had a great time too! Looking forward to seeing more!

Just saying hello.

Yay moving!

Doesn't it suck being a responsible person :upsidedow I know DH and I wanted to go back for a mid-year trip on our passes last year and since he moved from Ohio back to MI and we had just bought a condo we had to put it on hold. But, we ended up squeezing in a trip 2 weeks before our APs expired, so hopefully you will get that chance too :goodvibes

CP and AP collaborative post!

CP:
So Crown_Princess, AP, AP's parents, and our buddy Matt finished up dinner and were dropped off at the Contemporary Resort, because we wanted to take the ferry to Wilderness Lodge. We did this because we had never rode a Disney ferry before. First, we had to get our castle topper, CP's bouquet, and our anniversary layer from the bell hop (it was being stored in the kitchen). Note: All the staff at CR and WL were fascinated by the mysterious cake boxes requiring cold storage. While waiting we saw some Wishes from the front of CR.
After we got our cumbersome parcels we walked thru CR to the dock to take the highly anticipated ferry that went oooohhh...400 yds?!
We liked the ferry but got the biggest kick out of this short short distance.
We walked down the WL dock and saw the back of the lodge for the first time (had only been there for dinner once).

AP:
We were excited because we’d be staying Club Level (how often can one person say that?) and we were hoping we’d have a swank suite. Check in was a breeze, and I don’t know if it’s just standard Disney service, but we were treated very well at check in. The host called CP her Mrs. name and made her night! The bell hop chatted with us on the way up, and then something terrible happened. I checked my wallet and realized I only had three bucks. Never have I seen someone so disappointed at their tip, and we felt horrible. I was cheap tipper guy. I had visions of bell hops “accidently” running into my with their luggage carts and burning his likeness in effigy.

Luckily, my new wife saved the day (hooray!) by running back downstairs with a larger tip. Now, back to the room. We were anticipating something swank and romantic, and what we got was…”eh”. It was neither swank, nor romantic. It did have a huuuuuge water jet tub, which was nice, but we had a lovely balcony view of the rooftop. Also, regarding said tub, you literally had to jump over the edge to get in. It was made out of hard granite on the edges, and the edges were about two feet tall. Not only that, but it extended over a good foot and a half before the actual tub part started, which made things even more interesting.

CP:
AP is leaving out some good stuff here...the large tub was good for "honeymoon activities." We definitely spilt some drinks, which we got from the FREE concierge level club. I can't remember the cute name they had for it. But there were snacks at almost all waking hours. And late in the evening they still had free alcohol (we don't drink much) and snacks. So, of course, being our first real night not dead tired - although we were getting there - I grabbed a couple drinks, sliced up some wedding cake, and we piled in the .....bathroom!
Well, since it was the most interesting part of the room, it seemed appropriate. We ended up spilling our drinks instead of drinking them. And it took two of us to clean it up: me to lean over the huge tub, and DH to hold my hips so I wouldn't fall. hehehe

AP:
On the plus side, we did get the special “yellow” cards that signified club level. We felt all fancy schmancy when we got into the elevator and had to put in the room key to get to the top floor. I actually considered waiting until an elevator was full and then whipping out the key, just so everyone could marvel in my awesomeness.

Anyways, we went to bed, and the next morning we woke up ready to tackle the day. We wanted to do a resort day to relax, so while Crown_Princess relaxed, I decided to meander about and take some pics of the lodge. It truly is a pretty resort.

The homicidal bath tub
3415582211_001c1e734c.jpg

CP has never met anyone else who spreads out their toiletries and actually lights the candles in the bathroom; but believes it's great hotel fun!
Romantic candles:
3415583561_0655105da1.jpg

Lodge lobby:
3416398784_b8538328ff_b.jpg

The really cool iron fireplace
3416400100_db6c88bb68_b.jpg

It’s almost a scene from Deliverance. Okay, not really.
3415595125_86aa9caf73_b.jpg

Back of the Lodge
3416404106_52d2461b49_b.jpg

3415597771_afc2b65428_b.jpg

Random pond
3416407016_7bdc97e959_b.jpg

That’s funny, I told my wife the same thing. Wait, was that too much information?
3416408006_4204e5b5c8_b.jpg

Seriously, how can you not love this?
3415601465_9a8fdb93bf_b.jpg

Pinch the nose!
3415602739_588f61f46a_b.jpg

The new Mrs. Angrypenguin
3415605375_360bf17be1_b.jpg

More to come soon!

Thanks so much! Your pictures are very pretty!

We're thinking of moving to Dallas area. Sort of scary for us Michiganders with very little knowledge of the lonestar state!

I had lurked in your PJ and just now read through your TR! I also am a Michigander however I'm the Spartan variety but maybe we can still get along:confused3:rotfl: Just wanted to say that it looks like you had the most beautiful wedding! We are also having pink and green as our colors but I keep trying to change them but seeing how beautiful your colors looked I think I'll stay with it:thumbsup2 Your TR is soooo fun to read- I just love having the bride's and groom's perspective!

OMG when we were in Barcelona we had a tub JUST like that and when I got out and stepped over the leg in the tub slipped and the kneecpa crazked directly into the lip on the tub side and hurt like a mutha so I almost spit out my soda all over my work computer when I say your homicidal tub comment! So true!

I love the pics! Would you guys stay at WL again? Keep the updates coming!

I had lurked in your PJ and just now read through your TR! I also am a Michigander however I'm the Spartan variety but maybe we can still get along:confused3:rotfl: Just wanted to say that it looks like you had the most beautiful wedding! We are also having pink and green as our colors but I keep trying to change them but seeing how beautiful your colors looked I think I'll stay with it:thumbsup2 Your TR is soooo fun to read- I just love having the bride's and groom's perspective!

Thanks! I'm sorry you ended up a Spartan, I won't hold it against you :thumbsup2. Appreciate the comment about the colors; it really did look great, and you should definitely keep them.

OMG when we were in Barcelona we had a tub JUST like that and when I got out and stepped over the leg in the tub slipped and the kneecpa crazked directly into the lip on the tub side and hurt like a mutha so I almost spit out my soda all over my work computer when I say your homicidal tub comment! So true!

I love the pics! Would you guys stay at WL again? Keep the updates coming!

That tub was hazardous! I seriously wondered if we needed something to help pole vault us into it. I don't know if we'd stay at the WL again; it was nice, but didn't seem to give us the 'oomph' that the Contemporary did.

I just got caught up on your trip report and your photos are amazing!! I'm definitely sold on that Canon Rebel to be my first DSLR... Congrats on your wedding!! It's so cool that you're both on the DIS :goodvibes:

I just got caught up on your trip report and your photos are amazing!! I'm definitely sold on that Canon Rebel to be my first DSLR... Congrats on your wedding!! It's so cool that you're both on the DIS :goodvibes:

Thanks, WriteDisney! Be careful getting started in photography...it's addicting!

Sorry for not being around, but Crown_P and I have been stressing a bit, trying to decide whether to stay in Cali or move to Dallas! We'll try to have a new report up soon, so stay tuned.

How is everyone's summer going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter