Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sent an email, thanks! I hope they answer me. I basically was like, I don't need to know how long it'll be extended to, I know I'll have to make the park reservation thing, I just want to make sure I'll have theme park admission for my July 17-21 reservation before I make any other arrangements to be there. Fingers crossed!

Would you mind posting the email address? I think I'll do the same. Our AP's would have expired in the next few days, and I rescheduled a trip for the end of June.

Local362 (attractions union) meeting is going on now
They have CM being recalled "as early as June 14 recall positions to be done by June 28".
so strap in folks, it's still a while

Thanks and it make me think the AP preview mentioned in the email seems more likely that will occur early July. I’m there 3rd to 6th. I can have hope!

I cant believe how many people have issues with people being upgraded. I even spent a stupid amount of money on DVC and really dont have any issues with this policy. In fact I like the idea that unused rooms are rented out to help lower our maintenance fees.

“The only time you look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them.”

PS Please dont judge me on who is credited for this quote.

Just sent an email, thanks! I hope they answer me. I basically was like, I don't need to know how long it'll be extended to, I know I'll have to make the park reservation thing, I just want to make sure I'll have theme park admission for my July 17-21 reservation before I make any other arrangements to be there. Fingers crossed!
Please let us know what you hear back. I too have an AP that expires on 7/08 and I want to be able to use it for our July trip. It seemed to me that the pass would be extended, as it was going to allow me to make 60-day fastpasses after my pass was technically set to expire, but I'm nervous that switching over to a new system is going to mess stuff up.

To answer my own question (halfway), here is the answer I received from Disney (bold is mine):

"Annual passes that were paid in full at the time of purchase are going to be extended out by the length of time that the closure period meant you weren't able to visit (in your case, March 16th to May 10th), once the parks reopen. We currently don't know when exactly admission will resume for annual passholders who expired during the closure period. For example, everyone who has an extension due may begin that extension on July 11th, or they may be staggered - we do not have that information yet. I bring it up just to highlight the fact that it has not been announced for sure that it will begin on July 11th!"

Me:
Okay, so we may not be "active" when the parks first reopen, but the specifics haven't been decided yet?

Them: "That is correct! Your extension very well may begin the day the Theme Parks begin to reopen on July 11th, because it hasn't been established that it won't be, it just hasn't been established that it will be, either! I don't mean to sound daunting, but just want to highlight that there has not been a decision made either way."

This is confusing. I just want reassurance that I'll be considered to have valid admission when it comes time to make park reservations.

This is confusing. I just want reassurance that I'll be considered to have valid admission when it comes time to make park reservations.
That is confusing. Everything I've gotten from Passholder Services seems to indicate that the number of days the parks are closed will be added to my expiration before the parks open. I'll be very upset if I can't use my Platinum AP for my end of July trip when it expired on July 8.

I'm bummed by their answer for sure. I have a hotel reservation, and I also just want to know that I have valid park admission. It didn't occur to me that they might stagger which passholders are allowed into the parks first (and if they are doing that, they should tell those of use who have hotel reservations as soon as they decide). I guess I'll move my flight and hope for the best....or at worst I'll be going to Sea World or Universal instead, I guess.

That is a long way to say we don't know. But seiously if somebody has an AP and has a room booked you would think they would be able to make a reservation.

You know, I think that is really, really smart. I just wish, as a DVC owner, I could book the Riviera and be given the full sales pitch experience too. 😂 There is only one night available our dates or I would book there.

I have zero animosity toward guests being moved to fill in available rooms, DVC or not. If it helps open up amenities, I benefit too.

With all the DVC talk, surprised nobody mentioned what seems obvious. Filling the 70% of undeclared riviera rooms with people moved from values and moderates is a bigger sales pitch than they could dream of at a time when selling DVC is about to get more difficult. That’s hundreds of possible DVC owners getting an extended tour by staying there for a few nights. That’s how I assume much of this possible “dvc upgrade” is going to shake out, not that they’ll fill in at random villas around the property.

It is late but they probably won't know until then when staffing is determined etc. For this very reason, I am not taking my July 23 trip. I am not comfortable waiting so long and rolling the dice on an experience every one knows little about and hasn't seen in action. I booked a backup trip in late August and will do that IF reports upon opening sound like something my family can deal with.

Same ! Ironic thing that happened with our trip, due to all of the uncertainty and restrictions, was that months ago our biggest concern ( regarding keeping or cancelling our July 14 trip) was wearing masks ! That actually ended up towards the bottom of the pecking order !

Ehhh. Indications are they are able to allow more capacity, they are choosing not to.
I think it’s that they didn’t plan to open as early & were going to continue to use guests money interest free & play the rolling cancellation game. And then when they did open, much later, they were expecting to be more comfortable with a higher capacity.

That is a long way to say we don't know. But seiously if somebody has an AP and has a room booked you would think they would be able to make a reservation.

I would think so too, but lately I'm questioning Disney's willingness to do right by customers. That and even if they say we're supposed to, who knows if the IT system will support it.

I meant overbooked for the reduced park capacity. No one is suggesting the resorts are anywhere near full.
I get it. I’m saying they are setting their park capacities lower than regulations demand so it makes their park capacity their choice and not a surprise number at this point, or even a few weeks ago, to them.

That is confusing. Everything I've gotten from Passholder Services seems to indicate that the number of days the parks are closed will be added to my expiration before the parks open. I'll be very upset if I can't use my Platinum AP for my end of July trip when it expired on July 8.
You should be fine. You’ll accrue days to your pass for the period from March through when they open the parks and that will be added to your pass to extend the expiration.

I get it. I’m saying they are setting their park capacities lower than regulations demand so it makes their park capacity their choice and not a surprise number at this point, or even a few weeks ago, to them.

Clearly, we don’t agree. Time will tell if offsite APs can’t get in or worse yet, if Disney has to cancel guests themselves or warn them they may not get in if they come. We’ll know soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter