Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anybody have a Wine Bar George reservation cancelled yet? They're still deleting ADRs and I have an Akershus, a Hacienda San Angel, a Garden Grill, and this Wine Bar George res still in the system, and I know the first three are toast. It's just an interesting thing to watch since it's possibly a "third party".

I went to Open Table and re-booked my reservations for Boathouse, Wine Bar George, Raglan Road and Morimoto. Just an idea if you really to secure something.

Stopped reading after it claimed they wouldn't even get to 75% til 2022. Just false. Must be the same analyst that said they won't open until 2021. Or the same analyst that said 2 million people would die in the US from Covid.
Yeah. No information in that article. Just a rehash of what was previously announced and a guess from some stock guy. Pure Clickbait.

Relaxation zones: facepalm! Don't take your mask off outside where it is safe to do so but please take it off in this enclosed space: again facepalm!

Also the 20% capacity or whatever low % Disney is going to do is self imposed. They could do more they choose not to.

I just hope the covid numbers continue to decrease like they have been so this will all be behind us soon.

Just some info on Universal previews
M&G they have a specific marker where you can stand and get a pic. The TM will give a person 1 warning if they get close, if the guest gets close again the character has to be taken off stage
The character attendant cannot take a picture for you
TM were stopping guests that were walking and drinking and asked them to step to the side, finish drinking and put their mask back on

Just some info on Universal previews
M&G they have a specific marker where you can stand and get a pic. The TM will give a person 1 warning if they get close, if the guest gets close again the character has to be taken off stage
The character attendant cannot take a picture for you
TM were stopping guests that were walking and drinking and asked them to step to the side, finish drinking and put their mask back on
are some meets happening ground level?

Relaxation zones: facepalm! Don't take your mask off outside where it is safe to do so but please take it off in this enclosed space: again facepalm!

Also the 20% capacity or whatever low % Disney is going to do is self imposed. They could do more they choose not to.

I just hope the covid numbers continue to decrease like they have been so this will all be behind us soon.
That’s how I feel. It’s like ppl have lost all semblance of common sense. And you don’t need these areas if you don’t make ppl walk around outside with masks! Require them in all indoor locations & queue lines & let if be.

Hey I heard from a friend in MK park ops something very interesting about the "Relaxation Zones." I want to preface by saying that masks are required for guests ages 2 and up, and discussing how to circumvent them is against this forum's rules. Additionally, there are other threads dedicated specifically to that discussion/debate, so please do not use this as a post to start arguing about masks in this thread.

Think of these "Relaxation Zones" more like the "D Zones" they tried with New Fantasyland and less like DSAs. These are spots not just to potentially take a break from your mask but also to give folks who may be dehydrated or overwhelmed by the heat a place to sit and relax. They are going to be spaced and operated much like dining venues/lounges (people in seats, chairs, tables with only their parties, and not standing around, ample spacing between each party, etc...). There may be some water available there as well. The two areas he said they were considering were the Tomorrowland Terrace area (since this area won't really have a use without HEA) and the Diamond Horseshoe (yep, they're going to do it indoors, but they seem to think it's safe if they space it like a restaurant and keep the doors open). They're still looking for one more spot in MK (potentially the old D Zone in Storybook Circus maybe?). Here are a few things he mentioned:
  • Ample and enforced spacing/social distancing
  • Everyone will be seated
  • Entry will likely be controlled (capacity is reached, etc...)
  • CMs ensuring every guest who leaves is wearing a mask
  • Guests having "difficulty" complying with the requirement will be sent here
It seems each of the parks is devising their own strategies as to where these would be best placed and operated, but everything is still in flux, so this may or may not reflect what we actually see on July 11.

So this makes me think about if our usual strategy will be disallowed in some way. Usually in the summer, when we're all getting overheated, we'll get a water or maybe an ice cream and go in to some QS place like Pinocchio's or Cosmic Rays or Sunshine Seasons and get a table by ourself well in the back and cool off for an hour or so and snack. We don't do it when it's busy and take a table from someone who needs it, usually like 3:00 in the afternoon or so. However, if they have these relaxation zones already set up, I wonder if they're only going to allow those as the place and not let anybody sit in a QS unless they've ordered from the counter. Of course, if you come in and do Mobile Order, that's the way you'd do it anyway, so that would be really hard to enforce? I don't know, just seems like they could try to discourage people from sitting in the restaurants for a long time as their "mask break" if they have these other zones ready.

To answer my own question (halfway), here is the answer I received from Disney (bold is mine):

"Annual passes that were paid in full at the time of purchase are going to be extended out by the length of time that the closure period meant you weren't able to visit (in your case, March 16th to May 10th), once the parks reopen. We currently don't know when exactly admission will resume for annual passholders who expired during the closure period. For example, everyone who has an extension due may begin that extension on July 11th, or they may be staggered - we do not have that information yet. I bring it up just to highlight the fact that it has not been announced for sure that it will begin on July 11th!"

Me:
Okay, so we may not be "active" when the parks first reopen, but the specifics haven't been decided yet?

Them: "That is correct! Your extension very well may begin the day the Theme Parks begin to reopen on July 11th, because it hasn't been established that it won't be, it just hasn't been established that it will be, either! I don't mean to sound daunting, but just want to highlight that there has not been a decision made either way."

Not going to lie, I'm going to be super upset if the DVC upgrade rumor is true, only to have the trip ruined because our AP's were not reactivated in time. (One expired Late March, the other expired May 25)

Seriously! This makes absolutely no sense to me.

Interesting, I just got a 2nd and different ADR Cancellation email. As it is different that what has been previously posted, I'll include it here:

Hello Kevin,

As we plan for the reopening of our Disney Resort hotels and Theme Parks, we are keeping the wellbeing of our Guests and Cast in mind. To manage capacity and foster physical distancing during this unprecedented period, at reopen we will be changing - and suspending - some dining and other experience bookings.

As a result of limited capacity, we have made the difficult decision to cancel existing dining reservations and experience bookings.

We’re putting a great deal of thought into helping you return to the magic and appreciate your patience. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Your Cancellation Confirmation Number is 501361180928

Reservation for 2 on 7/7/2020

Chef Art Smith's Homecomin' - Disney Springs

11:00 AM

Reservation Contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter