Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We booked all star music and for three of the days we are there the price is $117! We have five in one room as our fifth is 2..... cramped I know but we don’t usually spend much time in our rooms...... it’s an even better deal when you book the free dining which we did....so bummed about that..... however if we get 35% off and the park hoppers portion is taken off we will be able to manage the food budget

And, here is what we don’t know..might be a dream..but maybe guests will get there and some of the food prices will have been adjusted?

I mean there could be a plan to help?

I can give you a reason. If I were at AOA or maybe even Pop and was being moved to a Deluxe like Saratoga Springs, I'd be upset. AOA and Pop both have access to the Skyliner, which I think they'll utilize by going every other car. I could even see Caribbean being open for that reason.
They had to bump up their offer when they "upgraded" us from the AOA suites to OKW. I love OKW, but we wanted AOA suites. This was before the skyliner even. But back then, they were willing to negotiate and try and make you happy. If these upgrades happen, they're going to decide where and you can either take it or leave it according to the rumors.

This is all very true and maybe in this instance...I think I am guilty of it...the word upgrade should not be being used,

IF this plan of moving guests to.open DVC resorts if the guests resort remains closed during the stay happens, it is not being done to upgrade a guest. It is being done due to phased reopening. It would be simply to give cash guests another option instead of out right cancel...assuming it does happen...and yes, I am putting these disclaimers in here on purpose.

If the Information that guests will not be given a choice if moved ends up as part of any move, then I agree, it is not going to be considered an upgrade,

It would simply give the guest an option other than canceling. Many guests could very well decide to cancel.
I agree, if they do this, it’ll be “you’ll be staying at this other resort or nothing at all, because the one you’re booked at will not be open for your dates”. In some cases it would be an upgrade but not all. I assume we’ll be finding out VERY soon if they’re doing this though, because people need time to cancel. They won’t have you try to check in at an all star & then tell you “this resort is closed, you’re moving to Pop”. pirate:

They had to bump up their offer when they "upgraded" us from the AOA suites to OKW. I love OKW, but we wanted AOA suites. This was before the skyliner even. But back then, they were willing to negotiate and try and make you happy. If these upgrades happen, they're going to decide where and you can either take it or leave it according to the rumors.

Out of pure curiosity, where did you end up and how did they bump it up?

AoA suites are another reason I'm not sure they can easily just upgrade. While they certainly have options to upgrade the suites, do they have sufficient inventory available that adequately holds 6 people to move all those reservations?

Out of pure curiosity, where did you end up and how did they bump it up?
They offered a 1 br, moved it up to a 2 br from the AOA suites. I had written about an issue we had with our upcoming vacation, they called and offered to switch us. This was probably around 2 years ago.

That's kind of my point - I would not be surprised if Disney caves to the pressure if intense pushback is received. But the Orlando theme parks will need to remain a united front. I feel like if retail stores and grocery stores start loosening their requirements around masks, Disney will either have to follow suit or face some controversy. And after the losses they've had this year, they'll need to weigh whether they can tolerate that. At the end of the day, they are still a for profit business and ALL for profit businesses are trying to find a balance between safety and staying afloat. Its a no win situation.
If there are a significant number of guests from an area where masks are still prudent you will see masks required at Disney. The risk of spread can’t be judged by Orlando, but by where the worst outbreak is that is allowed to travel to Disney.

I can give you a reason. If I were at AOA or maybe even Pop and was being moved to a Deluxe like Saratoga Springs, I'd be upset. AOA and Pop both have access to the Skyliner, which I think they'll utilize by going every other car. I could even see Caribbean being open for that reason.

Skyliner doesn't need to be every other car. Just one party per car instead of the usual multiple parties.

My point was, unless something has recently changed, BC/YC doesn't have a real quick service restaurant. DVC doesn't necessarily have to have a real QS restaurant available even if Jambo is closed to non NBA guests.
No way Jambo is in the NBA discussion. CSR is where the NBA has used for past events, they don't have to reinvent the wheel for logistics, it makes the most sense.

AoA suites are another reason I'm not sure they can easily just upgrade. While they certainly have options to upgrade the suites, do they have sufficient inventory available that adequately holds 6 people to move all those reservations?

Don't forget there's always FW cabins. To me, that's one of those upgrades not an upgrade, but it would definitely be an option they'd use.

I have no issue at all with people being upgraded (we're DVC so our stays are usually on points anyways). The only concern I have (and I think it's very valid) is if we're not able to use the pool because of reduced capacity due to Disney consolidating hotel stays to less resorts. Having small kids, the pools are a big factor in deciding where we stay, especially knowing we'll have less park time on our upcoming July trip.
That’s my concern. I booked and PAID for a more expensive resort b/c of its amenities including the pool. If they shove everyone in & now the pool is too crowded to use, I will be pissed.

I would think that as they move people around, they will try to maximize resorts with an open air entrance to rooms as opposed to creating more shared spaces. I realize that to keep people happy, the urge will be to offer an "upgrade", but if you are now consolidating more folks into shared corridors and elevators, that seems counter- intuitive to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter