Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and more and more evidence is showing that will be true.

The IHME model is going to revise the number of deaths in the US even lower for the second time this week. This according their tweet a few minutes ago. I bet it moves down to 40K or less., which BTW is a regular flu season number.

Our Prime Minister figures sometime in July or August. Some sort of social distancing is bars, restaurants and other stores will be reopened at limited capacity but places like parks, theme parks, concert halls won't be opening any time soon.

If your Prime Minister doesn’t allow places like theme parks to reopen, it will be interesting to see if Canadians heed these warnings by not visiting WDW should they reopen first.

The IHME model is going to revise the number of deaths in the US even lower for the second time this week. This according their tweet a few minutes ago. I bet it moves down to 40K or less., which BTW is a regular flu season number.
Not like regular flu with respect to number of hospitalizations, ICU and intubations.

Where can I find their tweet? Thanks!

While it is true that the number of deaths is leveling off and will hopefully come in well under the initial, horrifying projections it cannot be viewed in a vacuum. What I mean by that is there have been extraordinary measures taken by a majority of the country to suppress normal behaviors which have impacted these numbers in a good way. IMHO from what I can see this disease appears to be more contagious by far than the regular flu. It is also far more lethal to those that are in poor health. Diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease go undiagnosed for many people. Also obesity appears to be a factor. What we need is real time home testing to tell if you have had it, have it and data that identifies not just number of deaths but profiles of who has died... also many of these measures are in place to frankly protect us from ourselves. I know that my family and I have proceeded with trips, going to work and other activities while not feeling our best. It’s Human nature to push through. But you can’t with this. Too infectious and not enough info on who is at risk...

Do we quarantine the entire country during a regular flu season and get 40k deaths? SMH

I think the problem was the early models were using numbers where the only people getting tested were the ones who were laying there dying already. Now that more and more people are getting tested, the death rate drops accordingly.

This probably is the case. Most people are asymptomatic or deal with it like the regular flu albeit a bad case. It is bad especially in NY and Miami and a few other hotspots, but to shut down the entire country was a bit much.

I go back to my thought that if Disney and other theme parks were such the super spreader environments many more people cases would be traced back to it. For example in France they traced a huge breakout to a church convention i one of their cities that led to most cases. The media would be wanting to publicize cases from Disney, as the did for the one person that died, too good of a story. I am thinking that is not the case. What the data is saying is that it is most contagious with repeated exposure, as in hospitals and caring for family at home. Perhaps the large gatherings of people is not a significant vector for transmission.

While it is true that the number of deaths is leveling off and will hopefully come in well under the initial, horrifying projections it cannot be viewed in a vacuum. What I mean by that is there have been extraordinary measures taken by a majority of the country to suppress normal behaviors which have impacted these numbers in a good way. IMHO from what I can see this disease appears to be more contagious by far than the regular flu. It is also far more lethal to those that are in poor health. Diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease go undiagnosed for many people. Also obesity appears to be a factor. What we need is real time home testing to tell if you have had it, have it and data that identifies not just number of deaths but profiles of who has died... also many of these measures are in place to frankly protect us from ourselves. I know that my family and I have proceeded with trips, going to work and other activities while not feeling our best. It’s Human nature to push through. But you can’t with this. Too infectious and not enough info on who is at risk...

The initial predictions assumed 3 months of lockdown. Of course they also showed the major spike in November.

I wouldn't worry about that. Over 1 million Canadians applied for the wage subsidy so I doubt many will be able to afford a Disney trip any time soon.

We’re in bad shape here too, hoping those affected by unemployment come out the other side of this mess stronger than ever. Stay safe neighbor!

It will be sooner than August, August might be what they are thinking in allowing international travelers back. Also those applications were most likely published today meaning based on decisions from a couple of days ago at least, corporations are slow in decision making, and those decision were made based on info from last week most likely. The info on how things are improving has change dramatically in the past few days even hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter