Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we think they may open more come fall or do we think this will be the list until the end of the year?

Anything could happen! I would imagine they’ll open more later depending on demand and the supply chain, but no one knows right now. Even if they come out and say one thing tomorrow, it could change next week or next month or next season.

Where is the change resort link? I would love to add 1 more park day ticket since I don’t know if Mvmcp is a go yet....

Ymmv, but in mine, I went to My Plans and went down to my resort reservation, and there was a Change Reservation button next to it. On the next screen, details were listed for each element, with links to change each. The Change Tickets link didn’t do anything, but Change Resort took me to a page where I could select a different resort (or in my case, the same resort). A pop up window warned me that a change to the package was required, probably because of my hoppers, and the next page let me choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 day tickets (for a 4 night stay). And that’s it! I confirmed the change and got a confirmation email.

Ymmv, but in mine, I went to My Plans and went down to my resort reservation, and there was a Change Reservation button next to it. On the next screen, details were listed for each element, with links to change each. The Change Tickets link didn’t do anything, but Change Resort took me to a page where I could select a different resort (or in my case, the same resort). A pop up window warned me that a change to the package was required, probably because of my hoppers, and the next page let me choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 day tickets (for a 4 night stay). And that’s it! I confirmed the change and got a confirmation email.
I had a modify button for awhile today too, although I could never get it to work. That option looks like it went *poof* a little bit ago. They've also taken out the option to modify dining as of the last hour. Must be working on some stuff.

I do see a lot of restaurants ARE opening, and that's great. But, it seems like the ones that aren't opening are my gut punch scenarios.

Gaston's Tavern? Gut punch. Plaza Ice Cream Parlour? Maaaaajor gut punch.

Eight spoon cafe....bummer. Tusker House? Gut punch. I really thought they could re-purpose it.

The entire France pavilion? Huge gut punch. Huge. How they could basically decimate it seems crazy to me.

Side note: Sommerfest and Yorkshire Fish Shop kind of confuse me, because with the exterior queues, I feel like it would be a great social distancing opportunity.

I’m surprised to see Woody‘s Lunch Box on the list.
I’m surprised to see Woody‘s Lunch Box on the list.

Me too. Between that, France and BOG lunch being gone I'm not sure what we ARE doing to be eating. I really don't want a bunch of sit down ressies but it's looking more and more like it's that or hit outside the World for meals.

Casey’s makes sense since it’s so small inside. No bakeries in EPCOT. I wonder if they could do some sorta cart.

I found an update on Military Salute tickets for anyone who may be in need of them for 2021, like me.

According to https://www.militarydisneytips.com/...-armed-forces-salute-ticket-extension-update/

"When Salute Ticket sales do resume, the expiration date for Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets sold through December 15, 2020 will also be extended to 26 September 2021. (instead of December 18, 2020) This date will be printed on all newly sold Salute Tickets."

Still no word on when they may go back on sale though. Probably not "soon".

Epcot is looking pretty bleak and a lot looks to be staying closed. No wonder they had to start with a watered down Food and Wine Festival. Nothing in France is even open at this point and Italy, Japan and Norway are for the most part shut down as well. At this point wondering if its even worth spending a full day in Epcot until more comes on line.

A bit surprised to see Casey's and Friars Nook closed in MK. It would have been easy for them to use mobile ordering. Unfortunately these are my two favorite QS in MK. Find most QS in MK to be disgusting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter