Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlie...kers-after-coronavirus-shutdown/#7995ad294773
No time soon will anything be opening. I am surprised at how many people on these boards have been thinking anything in the near future could be possible, no matter how much we all wish it was otherwise. I am so proud of Disney for doing the right thing as much as they can. This is so incredibly sad and scary and, obviously, unlike anything we've ever seen.
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...t-thinks-that-disney-world-could-reopen-soon/

It is the pre-publication release of an article that will be published in print in the July edition of an academic journal. The actual date on the article itself is 4/7.

It's an article that uses exclusively Chinese numbers and only numbers from January. In January, China was still saying it couldn't be transferred person to person. It's a safe bet to say the conclusions are questionable.

The magic bands track you throughout the parks not only when you scan in. Disney has a much more robust crowd level tracking than what is apparent to the guests. They have a plan to handle guests capacity for years and have used it many times. Trying to armchair engineering the park hopping here is a bit pointless but I guess anything is possible.
You'd be surprised at what they have history of and can track with those bands just by looking at your account.

Is the furlough of 43,000 Disneyworld employees old news? I know there was already a furlough announcement made last week but not sure if this is a new round of furloughs? The articles I read just came out today.

Edit: LOL, sorry, nevermind,I should have started reading a few pages back on this thread and would have seen the articles posted there!

That wasnt the peak. It's still late april early may depending on how things go

Yes I get where you are coming from and know I totally respect it :) I just don’t see it being late April like they are thinking with how the numbers are trending over the past week. Who really knows but hoping for the best.

Maybe it is just me wanting Art Smith’s Homecomin’ fried chicken sooner than later

Is the furlough of 43,000 Disneyworld employees old news? I know there was already a furlough announcement made last week but not sure if this is a new round of furloughs? The articles I read just came out today.

Edit: LOL, sorry, nevermind,I should have started reading a few pages back on this thread and would have seen the articles posted there!

The furloughs in articles today are primarily the Union employees of Disney. It was expected but they had to go through contract negotiations and was announced Friday I believe. This is in addition to the furloughs of the non union employees and executives that was announced a little over a week ago

The furloughs in articles today are primarily the Union employees of Disney. It was expected but they had to go through contract negotiations and was announced Friday I believe. This is in addition to the furloughs of the non union employees and executives that was announced a little over a week ago

Thanks, that makes sense. I saw in one of the articles that the parks will retain only 200 "essential" employees to work on-site during the furlough. That would be wild, to be one of only a couple hundred people in the parks everyday for months on end!

MId July, July 1st at the earliest, if springs open May 1st , a long shot then probably July 1st for parks
I agree 100%. I'm basing my estimate on what has happened in Italy so far, and the fact that most regions, including the USA, follow similar curves.

The important fact, for me, is not how quickly the curve rises, but how quickly the curve comes down again, and there are signs from Italy that the rate of coming down is far slower than going up - hence why I changed my view from 1st June being realistic, to a 1st July date now.

It still looks like Florida peaked back on April 3rd, if that keeps up great news
I think you might be right on number of new cases - not on deaths just yet. But definitely good signs.

Florida does look like it has managed to flatten the curve, but this does have the effect of pushing out the whole curve to the right a touch, which is another factor why, like you, I don't believe 1st June is a viable date. I'm more optimistic about a 1st July date with the last few days of data. I just wonder whether Florida has been successful in flattening the curve BECAUSE of the higher age population. From my experience so far, elderly people went into isolation voluntarily well before any government instructions (I know my own parents did).

However, I would urge caution about any figures released over this Easter weekend. I have noticed a 'weekend effect' in many places (particularly Sweden) where numbers of cases and deaths are under-reported over a weekend (I presume because of less staff to process the paperwork), and then numbers spike up again in the start of a new work week. This could be even worse over this Easter weekend (in the UK we have a 4 day holiday weekend).

I agree 100%. I'm basing my estimate on what has happened in Italy so far, and the fact that most regions, including the USA, follow similar curves.

The important fact, for me, is not how quickly the curve rises, but how quickly the curve comes down again, and there are signs from Italy that the rate of coming down is far slower than going up - hence why I changed my view from 1st June being realistic, to a 1st July date now.
I agree with you (except the opening date), but I don’t the “coming down” of the curve really matters without antibody testing. The second we release restrictions because the downtrend of the curve, the curve spikes right back up without the appropriate testing in place.

Until there’s widespread testing, in my opinion, no Disney.

I saw that last night and was coming back to share this morning.

Lots of interesting points in the comments...

JP Morgan Chase have links to disney so its in their interest to get it all open as soon as possible.

Also worth considering how many "high risk" people visit Disney on a normal day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter