Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to mention that most of them are taking a big pay cut to come back to work while risking infection. Many were making a lot more while at home being safe.

The Gondola's do not have any real touch points except when you might touch the bench while sitting.
Maybe they will alternate cabins between stations to give them time to air out, the vents will definitely all be open..no A/C...:rolleyes:
I think I saw they were allowing 4 minutes between buses for airing out.
Maybe a cone to mark them until the next station and then switch..except at Riviera.
All this can easily be done since it will only be POP and Riviera to start and no park hopping...:)

Gentle PSA - I know a lot of people are opposed to Twitter, but I recommend anyone who doesn't have an account to consider creating one solely to tweet #castcompliment (s) to @WDWGuestService for the CMs you encounter during your visits. The compliments are really important to CMs, and they can be recognized by their supervisors for the compliments they receive. Be sure to include the CM's name, location, and time/date of encounter if you're able so they can be sure to tie your compliment back to the correct CM. :love:

With CM's being even less able than before-COVID-times to accept gifts/tokens of thanks, I have a feeling these compliments will be more important than ever for them.
I do #castcompliment on Twitter. The last time I was at MK, I ran into a skipper on the Jungle Cruise dock who I had given one to on a previous trip. I introduced myself and told him I had done that several months before. He said he had seen it. That was fun.

Skyliner will be one party per cabin. Monorail may be one party per bench (with nobody standing, which makes about six feet of space between parties) with dividers separating the back to back benches in each cabin. This may change, depending on how previews go; they may just ultimately do one party per cabin (note that with these dividers in place, each side of the car now counts as its own cabin). In both cases, hand sanitizer at entrance and exit of the platform.
In retrospect, the open flow air system of the skyliner turned out to be a big win for Disney during this time period.

Gentle PSA - I know a lot of people are opposed to Twitter, but I recommend anyone who doesn't have an account to consider creating one solely to tweet #castcompliment (s) to @WDWGuestService for the CMs you encounter during your visits. The compliments are really important to CMs, and they can be recognized by their supervisors for the compliments they receive. Be sure to include the CM's name, location, and time/date of encounter if you're able so they can be sure to tie your compliment back to the correct CM. :love:

With CM's being even less able than before-COVID-times to accept gifts/tokens of thanks, I have a feeling these compliments will be more important than ever for them.

I started my twitter account just so I could do #castcompliment for CMs. I love sending them, it’s one of the few times you feel like you’re able to return the favor and spread a little pixie dust their way.

I do #castcompliment on Twitter. The last time I was at MK, I ran into a skipper on the Jungle Cruise dock who I had given one to on a previous trip. I introduced myself and told him I had done that several months before. He said he had seen it. That was fun.

That's so awesome! I know a lot of people don't even know the hashtag exists. It's such a cool thing to do, and such an easy way to give back a little of the magic.

Not to mention that most of them are taking a big pay cut to come back to work while risking infection. Many were making a lot more while at home being safe.
Interesting comment. I pointed that out to the cast member in our household about the extra money. All I ever heard back was that they’d rather be working. It seems it’s a sentiment many, not all, cast members have felt during this difficult period. They miss their Disney family and a sense or normalcy, which sadly still won’t be there.

Skyliner will be one party per cabin. Monorail may be one party per bench (with nobody standing, which makes about six feet of space between parties) with dividers separating the back to back benches in each cabin. This may change, depending on how previews go; they may just ultimately do one party per cabin (note that with these dividers in place, each side of the car now counts as its own cabin). In both cases, hand sanitizer at entrance and exit of the platform.
Any idea how strollers will enter the equation in the monorail? Would they still try to do separate parties on each bench in the same cabin if a stroller is in the middle? Of if you have a stroller (or scooter/wheelchair for that matter), will you just have to get a cabin by yourself, even if it means waiting for the next train?

That's so awesome! I know a lot of people don't even know the hashtag exists. It's such a cool thing to do, and such an easy way to give back a little of the magic.

We do that as well - not sure if this is needed but I usually try to snap a picture of the CM and include that in my post just to increase the odds that the correct CM gets the credit

Interesting comment. I pointed that out to the cast member in our household about the extra money. All I ever heard back was that they’d rather be working. It seems it’s a sentiment many, not all, cast members have felt during this difficult period. They miss their Disney family and a sense or normalcy, which sadly still won’t be there.

I'd also question how high a % of CMs really were making more $ while out, given that the unemployment process in FL (and a lot of places) wasn't exactly smooth with many getting declined or having large delays in seeing any $. So I am sure some were doing better financially while being out of work and on unemployment with the extra stimulus $, I don't think it was the majority ... plus I believe that extra stimulus $ ends pretty soon so even if they were making more $ for a bit, that won't last forever

I say bless that CMS heart. Definitely in the right place and I hope it all works out...

but no worries on getting people to take a break from reality. Plenty of that already going on...

The break for reality is what worries me for WDW. I'm worried too many people will think they are outside of reality in a disney bubble and so don't need to worry about all that stuff they do in the real world. That is going to be the big challenge for WDW. As much as we want it to be they are not an isolated bubble from reality.

The break for reality is what worries me for WDW. I'm worried too many people will think they are outside of reality in a disney bubble and so don't need to worry about all that stuff they do in the real world. That is going to be the big challenge for WDW. As much as we want it to be they are not an isolated bubble from reality.

I can understand that - even if some of those people are more just in that Disney bubble and thus less diligent or on top of things (so letting things slip) as much as those actively thinking they don't need to worry

Also those that just want the Disney vacation they want and think they are entitled to it because of all the $ they pay, etc. ... while I truly do think the majority of guests will be good (or at least try to) I don't envy the CMs having to deal with those that are, um, problematic

Well I have taken a sleeping pill cause I'm just too excited to sleep, like the kid in the commercial :)
Early morning alarm and spending all day at MK tomorrow. The Disney magic is my therapy, I've gone through a lot of personal stuff and Disney has always balanced me out. See you all tomorrow

I personally can't wait to arrive in August and make a point to acknowledge each CM I come across with a smile and a thank you, 6 feet away :).
They really are going above and beyond to bring all of us "the magic". :earsgirl:
I know what you mean. I was thanking and gushing over how glad I was they were open at all of the Disney Springs CMs (even the 3rd party ones).
:cutie:

I'd also question how high a % of CMs really were making more $ while out, given that the unemployment process in FL (and a lot of places) wasn't exactly smooth with many getting declined or having large delays in seeing any $. So I am sure some were doing better financially while being out of work and on unemployment with the extra stimulus $, I don't think it was the majority ... plus I believe that extra stimulus $ ends pretty soon so even if they were making more $ for a bit, that won't last forever
Very good points. Most cast members in the area I’m familiar with were lucky to get money in about three weeks. A few were not qualified due to length of employment or errors. By the time Disney did their furlough some of the bugs were worked out and it was smoother than for those applying in March. Of course, I’m referring to hourly cast. I agree some were negatively impacted by the delay of payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter