Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So are we talking WoD and other Disney-owned locations at DS open on May 24? Or is it the 27th?

Exactly what I was getting ready to say.

and to state the obvious-that moves it to after Memorial weekend. Do we think that’s the point? To avoid the crowd?
Given they signed that specific agreement with this one union yesterday. It could be the Union making that call on timeline. Or they just need that many days to get people ready and the agreements took longer to get signed. Who knows.

sorry for the bad quality screenshots, it looks like they will be recalled starting May 24th
Can you clarify for me please (I’ve dipped into my after-work drinks)? Does that mean “starting training/reporting to work to prep the stores/parks” on the 24th or “on the 24th we’ll ask you to come back if we want you” and is it just for Disney Springs/merch people or is that potentially across WDW?

Can you clarify for me please (I’ve dipped into my after-work drinks)? Does that mean “starting training/reporting to work to prep the parks” on the 24th or “on the 24th we’ll ask you to come back if we want you” and is it just for Disney Springs/merch people or is that potentially across WDW?
This is just for DS, and it looks like they call back the cm for that day and they will open days later, from the article it says the 27

So what are people thinking now about park and resort reopenings with this information about DS?

I don't think we're seeing a June 1 park opening but maybe around that time some of the resorts? Not ruling out the possibility of a park opening sometime in June. In Shanghai, the SDL Hotel came online just after their version of Disney Springs opened, but it was just over two months until the actual park reopened. I don't think it'll be that long for WDW, but what are people thinking at this point?

So what are people thinking now about park and resort reopenings with this information about DS?

I don't think we're seeing a June 1 park opening but maybe around that time some of the resorts? Not ruling out the possibility of a park opening sometime in June. In Shanghai, the SDL Hotel came online just after their version of Disney Springs opened, but it was just over two months until the actual park reopened. I don't think it'll be that long for WDW, but what are people thinking at this point?
Honestly, I'm hopeful at least one park will be open with limited capacity by mid-June.

I can't see them opening any of the parks opening June 1 (or even June 8th) if they don't plan on running Disney stores at DS until the 27th. Considering how much we are hearing about DS opening, but haven't heard any rumors of staffing/maintenance, etc. for any of the parks, resorts.

Plus . .I would think they would want to see how DS goes (mainly open to locals) for a week oor two before expanding their opening. Though I am surprised we haven't heard about June 1 cancellations yet.

I can't see them opening any of the parks opening June 1 (or even June 8th) if they don't plan on running Disney stores at DS until the 27th. Considering how much we are hearing about DS opening, but haven't heard any rumors of staffing/maintenance, etc. for any of the parks, resorts.

Plus . .I would think they would want to see how DS goes (mainly open to locals) for a week oor two before expanding their opening. Though I am surprised we haven't heard about June 1 cancellations yet.
I think on the 15th we will get some kind of multiple park reopening. The first two weeks of June we might get a very limited MK opening, possibly with no resorts opened.

It doesn’t really change that my opinion that parks won’t open for quite some time.

Opening restaurants and stores at Disney Springs vs. opening resorts and theme parks ... pretty different in my opinion. Since 3rd party restaurants and stores planned to reopen, Disney can at least make some money opening their stores and restaurants too. But managing social distancing protocols at Disney Springs vs. the parks is very very different, IMO.

I don’t know when the parks will open, but I don’t think it will be for a long time.

It doesn’t really change that my opinion that parks won’t open for quite some time.

Opening restaurants and stores at Disney Springs vs. opening resorts and theme parks ... pretty different in my opinion. Since 3rd party restaurants and stores planned to reopen, Disney can at least make some money opening their stores and restaurants too. But managing social distancing protocols at Disney Springs vs. the parks is very very different, IMO.

I don’t know when the parks will open, but I don’t think it will be for a long time.

There are a lot of things pointing to it not being a “long time”

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter