Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the closures/restrictions may be taken advantage of by the penny pinchers at Disney. They will probably just extend the firework/parade closures permanently to save A LOT of money, but safe face because they are "doing it for guest's safety".

I mean .. remember when there was a daily parade at EVERY park .. and a nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom that has never been replaced? This virus will probably give them the excuse they have been looking for to cut those things without taking a huge PR hit.

So I just wonder how many people are willing to pay the "normal" price for reduced hours, no M&Gs, having to wear a hot mask, no parades, no fireworks?

Are tickets during this time going to be cheaper? Because they should be. It's not a supply/demand thing if they are limiting capacity, so they SHOULD offer cheaper tickets.

The only reason I’d go is because I have an AP. If I didn’t I wouldn’t even think about paying full or even 1/3 price right now. It’d have to be a pretty hefty percentage for me to consider but that will never ever happen.

Some of the closures/restrictions may be taken advantage of by the penny pinchers at Disney. They will probably just extend the firework/parade closures permanently to save A LOT of money, but safe face because they are "doing it for guest's safety".

I mean .. remember when there was a daily parade at EVERY park .. and a nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom that has never been replaced? This virus will probably give them the excuse they have been looking for to cut those things without taking a huge PR hit.

Umm no

So I just wonder how many people are willing to pay the "normal" price for reduced hours, no M&Gs, having to wear a hot mask, no parades, no fireworks?

Are tickets during this time going to be cheaper? Because they should be. It's not a supply/demand thing if they are limiting capacity, so they SHOULD offer cheaper tickets.

You and I both know the answer to that.

The mask mandate has made my decision about going/not going in the fall an easy one, as I will not subject my children to wear a mask on a vacation to a theme park. But there's no way in God's green earth that it will be cheaper to go to WDW, no matter the restrictions in place. Disney is banking on pent-up demand to overpay for a bare-bones experience.

As weird as it is to say this, I think it has merit: with no character interaction, no parades, no fireworks, etc., what will be the difference between WDW and, say, a Six Flags? You can go on rides virtually anywhere. What makes WDW special is all of the 'magical' stuff that happens. Of which there will be none (or very little of) for an undetermined amount of time.

What I'm interested in seeing is what effect Disney announcing reopening plans has on the borders being closed to Louisiana and to a lesser extent the New York area.

I changed my October trip to March 2021. Hoping there will be a vaccine available by the end of the year so next year park operations will be back to normal. I think Disney reopening is great for locals but if you need to fly in and spend thousands of dollars on flights, hotel, park tickets, etc., the reduced experience is not worth it.

The parades I can see them limiting.
Fireworks will come back though. You think Disney you think Fireworks. Plus if they do keep the parties fireworks are the main draw of if the parties.

I said this what feels like months ago but I think we were at the point where it wasn’t quite “real” yet.

I worry some things that are eliminated/changed for safety now could stick around long past to the point where we slowly forget how it used to be. Kind of like how the nighttime parades and parades at other 3 parks used to be the norm. I don’t expect it necessarily, but I also won’t be shocked if some of the nighttime shows come back on a less frequent schedule and remain that way.

They shouldn’t be. Now is the time to get as much as they can out of the smallest number of guests.

Luckily for them, they’ve been perfecting the art of getting as much as possible out of their guests for years. 😉

The only reason I’d go is because I have an AP. If I didn’t I wouldn’t even think about paying full or even 1/3 price right now. It’d have to be a pretty hefty percentage for me to consider but that will never ever happen.
Right .. I would expect a LOT of WDWs traffic will be "regional" this summer .. locals, vloggers, and people with annual passes that may live within a half-day's drive. Which may be enough for them in the short-term. In the long-term? These restrictions just won't keep tourist destinations alive. People will avoid them and do something less restrictive (like just go to the beach).

Unfortunately I'm sure there will be some taking advantage of the situation:(

I said this what feels like months ago but I think we were at the point where it wasn’t quite “real” yet.

I worry some things that are eliminated/changed for safety now could stick around long past to the point where we slowly forget how it used to be. Kind of like how the nighttime parades and parades at other 3 parks used to be the norm. I don’t expect it necessarily, but I also won’t be shocked if some of the nighttime shows come back on a less frequent schedule and remain that way.

They make so much money off dessert parties, so I don’t think fireworks will go away permanently.

Right .. I would expect a LOT of WDWs traffic will be "regional" this summer .. locals, vloggers, and people with annual passes that may live within a half-day's drive. Which may be enough for them in the short-term. In the long-term? These restrictions just won't keep tourist destinations alive. People will avoid them and do something less restrictive (like just go to the beach).
And then there is me and my friend - new jerseyians planning on driving down for our July 23rd check in 😂

Disney is looking at having relaxation zones where guests can social distance and take off their masks. That’s good news for most.

And should help with enforcement.
Kid takes off mask. Parents pleads for the kid to put it back on. No dice. CM: "Why don't ya'll go to Mickey's Relaxation Zone to take a break from your face covering."

There will be parties. MNNSHP shows 7 - 12 for 8/13. Could be cutting an hour out since there won't be a parade or two.

edited: The parties always used to start at 7 anyway, it was only the last couple years that they closed at 6 to get guests out of the park. Since there won't be as many guests, they no longer need that buffer hour.
No parades or fireworks I would assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter