Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messy Situation Reporting - I have a 6/25 - 7/3 Split stay AKL/Poly renting Points through DVCStore (AKL 3 nights) and Davids (Poly 5 nights). I fully expect that after all I have read about Davids I would be #*#*()@ on the Poly 5 night stay because the DVC resorts will be open. However, DVCStore is taking the same position also initially as of moments ago. I'm sure its in the fine print but am I really about to lose $3,000 over this? Flying from CT to stay in an expensive hotel with no theme park access? Oh...and I technically have to self-quarantine the whole time anyway because I am from CT based on the executive order. Hopefully at my request at least DVCStore via the Owner will attempt to re-book later in the summer for 3 of the nights. I don't want a refund I just want to re-book later in August!!

I'm sorry to hear that. David's at least has been sticking by the no changes policy and with the resorts being open you might be out of luck. but I'd be trying to call/email then right now to try to get at the front of the pack for the best chance at getting something.

BLT will open, and so Contemporary will open. BLT has zero amenities otherwise-- including food! Not even a shop.
That’s what I was thinking as well. Or imagine Poly Villas where the only check in/concierge/front desk is in the GCH, but DVC folks seem to be saying there won’t be standard hotel rooms available for booking. I don’t know; I had initially heard the opposite, but that was a while ago, so it could have changed. We’ll see!

I have a question for people that may be more informed on this. A friend of mine became a DVC member in January. He has a trip in late August planned and was asking if he purchased an Annual Pass online if that would count towards them having a ticket in place for the early reservation system, or if they’d have to wait until they enter the park to active the pass before it would become “valid” for that type of scenario. Ive only ever gotten or renewed my AP while I was on property, so I’m not sure how it all works when getting an AP online.

Magic Kingdom July hours just reduced from 10 pm to 7 pm.

Magic Kingdom Hours on MNSSHP dates just increased from 6pm to 7pm. So, very unlikely there will be any parties.
There will be parties. MNNSHP shows 7 - 12 for 8/13. Could be cutting an hour out since there won't be a parade or two.

edited: The parties always used to start at 7 anyway, it was only the last couple years that they closed at 6 to get guests out of the park. Since there won't be as many guests, they no longer need that buffer hour.

Is Fantasmic! considered fireworks? 🤔
I believe in one of the slides or documents they used the phrase no “nighttime spectaculars,” so given that F! is considered a “nighttime spectacular,” I don’t think it will return initially, but with the amphitheater, I could easily see that being the first of the nighttime shows to return! Very good thought! I hadn’t considered that!

ETA: It was in the DPB post:
That means certain experiences we know draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date.

Is Fantasmic! considered fireworks? 🤔

"This phased reopening will demonstrate a deliberate approach, with limits on attendance and controlled guest density that aligns with guidance on physical distancing. That means certain experiences we know draw large group gatherings – such as parades and nighttime spectaculars – will return at a later date. "

I don't think it is considered a fireworks show but, the wording "nighttime spectacular" leads me to believe that Fantasmic! won't be running either. But who knows I could be wrong. Could be right also. But most definitely hope I'm wrong :laughing:

So I just wonder how many people are willing to pay the "normal" price for reduced hours, no M&Gs, having to wear a hot mask, no parades, no fireworks?

Are tickets during this time going to be cheaper? Because they should be. It's not a supply/demand thing if they are limiting capacity, so they SHOULD offer cheaper tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter