Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop July 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol

I think a lot of people are angry right now because we don’t have answers.

Answer will come. Patience.

Yep.

Apparently it was too negative yesterday amongst the celebrations of an announcement coming to point out that there will probably still be a lot of unanswered questions and the emotional roller coaster ride wasn’t over yet.

I maintain what I’ve been saying the entire time. If you want to go to Disney soon-ish expect a lot of unknowns and possible changes without a lot of notice. That’s not negativity, that’s reality. Some changes could be positive, like adding back things that they are opening without.

We're DVC and are booked at AKV at the end of September. We haven't purchased any park tickets yet because our fp window doesn't open until the end of July. How will this new reservation system work for those of us who have a resort booked but haven't purchased park tickets yet?
My guess is that you won’t have to worry about it. I don’t think the park reservation system is going to book our farther than the fast pass window.

Yes, once the data and trends are present for a month or so they will slowly/quietly remove the requirements, social distancing will still be in place for a while though I imagine. Again opinion, I don't care either way just my take.

I seriously doubt they are going to backtrack on what they said today and have fireworks on day 1. To start with the current park hours don't even allow fireworks in almost all parks So they'd have to change those again.

I think best case is parades and stuff by end if August and that is likely ambitious..

We'll see.

Hi everyone,
Do you guys think some regular non DVC resorts will begin to open by July 15 since all the parks are opening and since they’ve frozen the ability for non DVC to make reversions to focus on already planned guests? I’m staying at pop July 23.. wondering if they would cancel on me if pop was closed or if they would move me? I would think pop would be opened bc it’s a large value and so easy to social distance... thoughts? Need some positive thinking here lol

I don’t think they’ll flat out cancel anyone if certain resorts are closed. I think they’ll offer to move you first.

^Just based on what they’ve done in the past, not any knowledge of what they’ll do now.

As far as you know (and thanks for the info!) will you have to book your day THAT day ? No days in advance ?
(For on-site ? ( Or off-site, for that matter)
In advance seems to be the most common thing being said. Now if the decline and cancels are huge once all 4 parks are open i have a feeling same day will be available for a bit. But otherwise. Likely in advance

I don’t think they’ll flat out cancel anyone if certain resorts are closed. I think they’ll offer to move you first.

^Just based on what they’ve done in the past, not any knowledge of what they’ll do now.
When have they done this before?

thank you for the info! I appreciate so much!

I seriously doubt they are going to backtrack on what they said today and have fireworks on day 1. To start with the current park hours don't even allow fireworks in almost all parks So they'd have to change those again.

I think best case is parades and stuff by end if August and that is likely ambitious..

We'll see.
I believe you are on track. Provided no major outbreaks or issues.

My guess is that you won’t have to worry about it. I don’t think the park reservation system is going to book our farther than the fast pass window.
I agree. I think the park reservation will be tied in some way to whatever sort of FP system they will have in place, and you would have to buy a ticket to make FP. The only issue is if you wait until close your trip it is possible all the slots would be booked. Until we hear otherwise (since a lot of this is clear as mud) my opinion is to buy your tickets by the 60 day point, so you are prepared for either old style FP or the new park reservations, as I figure one or the other or both will occur around that timeframe.

I think the problem here is...there isn't even enough availability for DVC members at this point. Yes, there are *some* DVC cash rooms available, but not a ton. And, I don't think they can or will take more DVC inventory, considering, like I said, DVC members are already having a tough time finding availability. And, if they start sliding non-DVC reservations into DVC rooms, that will make it even more difficult.

I don't know what they CAN do....just offering my perspective that I have no clue what they can do.

If they’re updating the park hours now, I wonder if we’ll get our updated AP renewal dates soonish...

THIS exact situation specifically has not been done before. Guests have been relocated/had their reservations moved or changed before, though. It happens all the time and typically if your original reservation can't be completed as booked, they'll move you, not cancel you outright.

There was a time some years ago I remember quite a few (considering upgrades are rare) guests being contacted by Disney to be moved from a value/mod (can’t remember which or why, sorry!) to their choice of OKW and SSR.

People also reported that they were upgraded from closed resorts during past slow travel times, like after 9/11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter