• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little overkill and the whole "punish everyone for the fault of one" in my opinion. Feels a little like grade school.

That's not to say that the offending people shouldn't be confronted (they did not follow the rules) and either given a warning or asked to leave (as all the signage has said that could be the consequences).

I just don't like to see "mask shaming" especially at a theme park .. and doing it like that where everyone on the ride gets upset at the person who takes it off for ruining their experience just isn't the best solution in my opinion.

But again .. that's my personal opinion. If the people sitting in front of me at Carousel of Progress takes off their mask -- so be it. I took the risk to go to a VERY public place amid a pandemic and I can't control them.

If someone takes their mask off and is being intentionally defiant, stop the ride and kick them out. Full stop.

I would not be happy if I was lucky enough to get a BG for RotR and in the middle of the ride, the lights come on and the ride stops because someone four scenes away from me removed their mask.
Alas two sides to that coin. If I was the unfortunate person sitting behind them/in front of them on the vehicle separated only by some plexiglass darn right I’d want the ride stopped.

Disney is upping capacity and relying on masks and some plexiglass to keep people safe. The approach of let it go because the distance is good enough on the rides isn’t good enough anymore since they’re chosing to close that distance.

Once the mask is off the damage is done. Have security meet them at the exit and put a demerit on their MB. No need to ruin everyone else’s experience. By entering WDW I understand and accept the risks of being in a mass gathering

Once the mask is off the damage is done. Have security meet them at the exit and put a demerit on their MB. No need to ruin everyone else’s experience. By entering WDW I understand and accept the risks of being in a mass gathering

I think it depends on the setting. CoP is like a 20+ min show, inside. If they take the mask off in the first scene I would argue the full "damage" is not done vs bring exposed the entire show

I think it depends on the setting. CoP is like a 20+ min show, inside. If they take the mask off in the first scene I would argue the full "damage" is not done vs bring exposed the entire show
I definitely think it depends on setting. They aren’t going to e-stop a coaster and that’s minutes if that. It makes sense to do it during something like CoP

I would not be happy if I was lucky enough to get a BG for RotR and in the middle of the ride, the lights come on and the ride stops because someone four scenes away from me removed their mask.

I would bet in a situation like this, you could speak (nicely) with a CM after the ride and probably be given a pass to ride again. They give out return passes for RotR if it goes down while you’re in line and you don’t feel comfortable waiting in the enclosed queue for it to come back up. Obviously not a guarantee, but I wouldn’t be surprised if they did.

Decor has arrived at BC/YC and I believe that’s the last deluxe resorts to receive such. No train/village at YC and no gingerbread at BC of course however they did put a small model of the BC gingerbread carousel in the BC lobby.

We saw them building the real gingerbread carousel in person a few years back. One of the highlights of that trip, along with visiting the gingerbread house in GF. {Sigh}

Just got back from work and reading the interesting story about stopping the ride because of mask compliance.
We had a pre shift meeting today that drilled us the importance of telling guests to wear their masks, like they're giving us incentives to go out and tell people to put them on or we're gonna be written up. And i lost count how many times i got yelled at today :D
I think the theme parks are in real stress about the possibility of cases being tracked back to them especially arresting the holiday season, I would love for everyone to understand that if you want to enjoy the parks you have to follow the rules, we're not mean employees wanting to ruin your fun , we also want the parks to remain open

A little overkill and the whole "punish everyone for the fault of one" in my opinion. Feels a little like grade school.

That's not to say that the offending people shouldn't be confronted (they did not follow the rules) and either given a warning or asked to leave (as all the signage has said that could be the consequences).

I just don't like to see "mask shaming" especially at a theme park .. and doing it like that where everyone on the ride gets upset at the person who takes it off for ruining their experience just isn't the best solution in my opinion.

But again .. that's my personal opinion. If the people sitting in front of me at Carousel of Progress takes off their mask -- so be it. I took the risk to go to a VERY public place amid a pandemic and I can't control them.
Probably technically more dangerous if it would have made ppl stay in a room with a mask less person longer.

I definitely think it depends on setting. They aren’t going to e-stop a coaster and that’s minutes if that. It makes sense to do it during something like CoP
Cop often calls ppl out even before Covid. Once the CM came on mid show & told someone to take their feet off the seat in front of them. Another time they came on & told someone to turn off the bright light of the cell phone. That last one was me once 😬. I was trying to get a fast pass on the show 🤦‍♀️.

Just got back from work and reading the interesting story about stopping the ride because of mask compliance.
We had a pre shift meeting today that drilled us the importance of telling guests to wear their masks, like they're giving us incentives to go out and tell people to put them on or we're gonna be written up. And i lost count how many times i got yelled at today :D
I think the theme parks are in real stress about the possibility of cases being tracked back to them especially arresting the holiday season, I would love for everyone to understand that if you want to enjoy the parks you have to follow the rules, we're not mean employees wanting to ruin your fun , we also want the parks to remain open
Sorry I don’t see that as an “incentive” but a threat. I would think this CMs are under enough stress without worrying about the possibility of getting written up for not catching ppl.

Sorry I don’t see that as an “incentive” but a threat. I would think this CMs are under enough stress without worrying about the possibility of getting written up for not catching ppl.
My sentence was poorly worded, they are giving us incentives (free meals and other things) the write up comes if a manager sees us letting a guest without a mask walk in front of us while loading a stadium and we don't ask them to put them on, after we tell them if the guest still decides to not wear them at least we have done our part
A main complaint here is how workers don't enforce, I'm also talking SWO not Disney, i haven't heard them giving incentives or threatening a write up at Disney

My sentence was poorly worded, they are giving us incentives (free meals and other things) the write up comes if a manager sees us letting a guest without a mask walk in front of us while loading a stadium and we don't ask them to put them on, after we tell them if the guest still decides to not wear them at least we have done our part
A main complaint here is how workers don't enforce, I'm also talking SWO not Disney, i haven't heard them giving incentives or threatening a write up at Disney

In my one day experience with seaworld, enforcement was the same as Disney, the guests were just more unruly.

Busch on the other hand was a disaster.

I almost feel that each magic band should have a built-in shock feature for violators of the mask rule. :)

Now for a more realistic thought, I wonder if there is way to tally the violations per MB if a CM scans it? Even on the dark rides, couldn't a video monitoring CM relay the infraction to a CM at the attraction's exit?

What if this happens when live performance shows come back like FotLK or Nemo? If wearing a mask at all-times is truly in effect, I'd see a potential discrepancy issue.

I can't envision the performers stopping mid-stream and hearing an announcement, "you there...section 4, row 11, seat 5 in the New Orleans Saints t-shirt, please put your mask back on or we cannot continue with the show".

Alas two sides to that coin. If I was the unfortunate person sitting behind them/in front of them on the vehicle separated only by some plexiglass darn right I’d want the ride stopped.

Disney is upping capacity and relying on masks and some plexiglass to keep people safe. The approach of let it go because the distance is good enough on the rides isn’t good enough anymore since they’re chosing to close that distance.

My husband and I were those unfortunate people back in September on Soaring. The entire family of 4 sitting next to him removed their masks the millisecond the lights went out. This was our very first ride on our very first day, and it nearly had us heading home 6 days early thinking we had made a horrible mistake going at all. No CM made any announcement before the ride to keep masks on, and seemed less than interested when we made that suggestion after the ride. Happily that was the most egregious incident of our week there, but the same entitled family took their masks off in the entire queue for SDMT later in the week (They were several parties ahead of us). I am all for high profile removal of such people.

What if this happens when live performance shows come back like FotLK or Nemo? If wearing a mask at all-times is truly in effect, I'd see a potential discrepancy issue.

I can't envision the performers stopping mid-stream and hearing an announcement, "you there...section 4, row 11, seat 5 in the New Orleans Saints t-shirt, please put your mask back on or we cannot continue with the show".

CM already monitor guests at live shows and address problems and ask guests to leave as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter