• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising ducks??? A new game?

cpdrn7

DIS Veteran
Is disney cruise line ok with this new thing? I am just hearing about it,,,you hide a duck with your ship, and date and hide around ship.
Then you either rehide or keep...what do we all know?

Is disney cruise line ok with this new thing? I am just hearing about it,,,you hide a duck with your ship, and date and hide around ship.
Then you either rehide or keep...what do we all know?
Sounds a little like a painted rock game I've seen. You put vividly painted rocks somewhere (with your name/contact info), someone finds it and moves it somewhere else, and lets you know it's been moved.

Both of which are a bit like geocaching. A GPS hide and seek game that Disney does not allow on their properties.

I'd guess any random ducks found on ships, not claimed, would be removed (probably to the lost & found).

Our facebook group did this on the Dream last week...the little kids around the ship had a blast with it. They were little pirate ducks, so nobody was going to throw them away. It was just something fun that they did and seemed to be popular. They would hide them near elevators or the mickey detective game spots. Didn't seem to get in the way of much and people enjoyed it.

I believe this has become pretty popular on Carnival ships lately. I didn’t see any on our sailing this past September, but then again, didn’t know to look! Photos I’ve seen show the ducks having little tags attached giving info on the “game,” so I assume most crew members leave them be. Seems very cute! :goodvibes

I doubt it. Disney has a long standing policy about leaving personal items on Disney properties for others to find. They don't like it, and will remove them.

I’m familiar with the Disney policy, but I was referring to Carnival in my post. The crew seemed to let them be, according to photos, but who knows for sure! I agree that Disney will probably remove them if found, and I assume other lines would after awhile as well. Cute while it lasts!

I’m familiar with the Disney policy, but I was referring to Carnival in my post. The crew seemed to let them be, according to photos, but who knows for sure! I agree that Disney will probably remove them if found, and I assume other lines would after awhile as well. Cute while it lasts!
Sorry, since the original question had to do with whether DCL was OK with it, I thought that's what you were referring to.

Hmm... you could do a version of it by having pirate duck magnets on your door with instructions so it's clear they're part of the game and not just someone's magnets. Not sure how much fun it would be, though.

By what i am hearing, that DCL employees know about this and are just letting them be. I assume since it has the date of sailing the crew leaves them alone until end of cruise. I might email and just see what the reply is. I can also look ask from recent cruisers too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter