• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crusie reading suggestions

Third for Outlander! I LURVE it. Every couple years, I'll re-read it, from book one... I have a problem.

My recommendation, although not romance or mystery (which are my jam, so I still feel ok recommending this one as a fellow romance and mystery lover) is Wool by Hugh Howey. It's more of a post apocalyptic story, but seriously engaging. It also has the benefit of being self published and quite inexpensive (free to borrow on kindle unlimited).

Outlander Series
No doubt it's romance, but it's also time travel and very carefully researched history.
I read A LOT and I've never read anything else that compares to them.

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins (of The Girl on the Train)

The Woman In Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (don't worry...it isn't that creepy on a large ship...would not want to read it on a river cruise or small small boat)

The Girl Before by JP Delaney

"In a dark, dark wood" by Ruth Ware is really good, too. It made me want to read "The Woman in Cabin 10." I'm on a wait list for "Into the Water" at the library, and I'm excited to read it. I've also enjoyed a couple books by Megan Miranda - "All the Missing Girls" (loved the unique style of this book) and "The Perfect Stranger."

"In a dark, dark wood" by Ruth Ware is really good, too. It made me want to read "The Woman in Cabin 10." I'm on a wait list for "Into the Water" at the library, and I'm excited to read it. I've also enjoyed a couple books by Megan Miranda - "All the Missing Girls" (loved the unique style of this book) and "The Perfect Stranger."

Thanks! I'm putting the new-to-me ones you mentioned on my list!

I also would say that the "misspelling" of cruise in the heading was also a great suggestion. Jennifer Crusie is another wonderful author. Her books are easy romances and very funny.

Thanks! I'm putting the new-to-me ones you mentioned on my list!
Oh, good! You're welcome! Liane Moriarty is another good author, too. She wrote "Big Little Lies" which was turned into an HBO series. I hope you enjoy my recommendations! :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter