CRV Info from MousePlanet

Dis13

Mouseketeer
Don't know if this was posted here yet, but this is from MousePlanet....

"Contemporary demolition underway

It appears that preparation work at the site of the future DVC resort at the Contemporary Resort is moving along more quickly than anticipated. Demolition is underway on the buildings closest to Bay Lake (the side facing away from the Magic Kingdom). Asbestos abatement is still underway in the buildings nearest to the parking lot. Don't expect any announcements in the near future about the DVC resort planned for the location, though. Once staff involved in selling the resort are officially aware of the resort, by law they must disclose that information to anyone who asks about it. That might impact the sales of the two resorts currently being sold, the third phase of the Saratoga Springs Resort and the first phase of the Animal Kingdom Villas."

Interesting:cool2:

Once staff involved in selling the resort are officially aware of the resort, by law they must disclose that information to anyone who asks about it. That might impact the sales of the two resorts currently being sold, the third phase of the Saratoga Springs Resort and the first phase of the Animal Kingdom Villas."
That's very interesting. We always joke that the Guides are the last to know anything about a new resort, and in fact it's probably true! :)

That's very interesting. We always joke that the Guides are the last to know anything about a new resort, and in fact it's probably true! :)

Granny, that's exactly what I was going to say! At least now we know that if true, there appears to be a very specific reason why Guides may be the last to know! ;) :)

Thanks for the info.

Still hoping for CRV!

Currently not interested in SSR or AKV, glad to wait and see if this comes true. I cant even imagine literally owning a piece of or "extension" of the Magic Kingdom. Talk about SURREAL.pixiedust:

My guide told me he spent50+ points anight to stay in AVL this Fall, he did not know about AKV or he would have waited untill 2007 and stayed somwhere else this year.

My guide told me he spent50+ points anight to stay in AVL this Fall, he did not know about AKV or he would have waited untill 2007 and stayed somwhere else this year.

Your guide needs to hang out on the DIS so he'd be better informed! :cool1:

We just got back from SSR, chattted with a guide for a bit and also wanted to show my wife a grandevilla. He said they had a meeting today and he thought it was to announce the Californian, also said a vendor showed up and asked for the model rooms to measure for curtains for AKV and the Contemporary. Interesting? Even they were surprised.

We just got back from SSR, chattted with a guide for a bit and also wanted to show my wife a grandevilla. He said they had a meeting today and he thought it was to announce the Californian, also said a vendor showed up and asked for the model rooms to measure for curtains for AKV and the Contemporary. Interesting? Even they were surprised.

Wow. If that's true, I'm going to be very upset with my guide. When we did our AKL add on, I told him I REALLY wanted CRV. He said it was still two or three years away.....

Wow. If that's true, I'm going to be very upset with my guide. When we did our AKL add on, I told him I REALLY wanted CRV. He said it was still two or three years away.....

I told my guide to put me on his list to call when CRV is announced, he just laughed. :confused:

Two to three years for DVC CR Villas is perfect timing for me. I have no interest in AKV and would love to see something happen at CR. I hope this actually happens, have enough points for our present needs, so I will save my pennies for the CR Villa's annoucement.

Smitty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter