Crystal Palace vs. Chef Mickeys During Free Dining

lady_hlh

DIS Veteran
I had dinner at both the Crystal Palace and Chef Mickeys during free dining with my DH and 4 year old DD . My favorite was CP because I'm a big fan of veggies, ethnic cuisine and Pooh. My DH and DD both would vote for CM, my DH loved the carving station and ate 4 plates of carved meats with mashed potatoes. My DD loved the sundae bar at CM and the character interaction with Mickey and friends. At CP I loved the edamame salad; papaya and frisee salad; black bean, mango and shrimp salad; and the coconut flan. My DD thought the macaroni and cheese was fabulous but wasn't impressed with the sundae bar. My DH didn't really care for CP. I think that at CP the character interaction was organized much better because at CM we ended up sitting around waiting for Mickey and Minnie to make it to our table when we were aready done. I really didn't care for CM aside from seeing the characters because there weren't any interesting veggie side dishes and after spending all day at the park I didn't want to eat heaping plates of meats and potatoes.

queenof4hearts said:
Can I ask you what free dining is?

The past 2 years during September they have offered dining for free if you book a complete room/ticket package with Disney. So if you pay rack rate for a room at the value resorts, which I think was $87 this year, that included the dining plan. This year they also did the free dining promotion during the last 2 weeks of August. I think everyone on the boards said that if you stay at one of the value resorts this promotion is worth paying room rack rates.

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter