CURRENT Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't rude, it is a VALID question. The OP of this thread decided to take on the responsibility of handling the task. There are sellers on eBay who have businesses that are being hurt or helped unnecessarily by the lack of updates from this entire series of posts. If the poster cannot keep up, ask for help. But do one sit on a high horse and claim that you are the ultimate resource and the end all be all of internet pin sellers when the thread is not continually updated. That is all I am saying. If it was accurate, I would also find this very informative and helpful...but it is not. So, now people are using the first pages of this thread to make decisions as to buy from someone or not....and it is outdated, inaccurate information.

I'm sorry but IMO it is rude, as is this post. I understand what your saying but to ask for help means to give your log in information to someone else, not many people I know are willing to do that. Would you? The OP is NOT on a high horse, she simply had the time to update when she took over, her life has changed and she's not able to take the time like she was able to earlier. It is always a good idea to read the first few pages and the last few pages to see if there are missing updates. Honestly, I'll say it again, posts like this are the reasons that the thread owners stop updating, it is very discouraging to do this for others and only get negative feedback, its also very discouraging to do this for others and get hate mail sent to you via PM, which may be another reason she became a little scarce. One of the sellers on the red list was hate PMing me and I never said anything about that seller......
I'll say it again, NONE of the thread owners for this thread have been on a high horse, it is simply someone trying to help those of us who buy on eBay and those who are new. Your assumptions and accusations are rude.

I agree if you start something you finish it or delete it. I'm sure this person is on here all the time so to update shouldn't take long if you keep up on it.

This person is not on here all the time, I believe you can click on her profile to see how active she has been.

Again, if you don't like the way the thread is maintained then start your own. I haven't purchased any pins on eBay for quite some time so I don't have any updated input and I work so I can't commit to do this right now.

You know, I am one who does not agree with this thread. I've learned thru my trading experience that scrappers are a part of pin trading and just accept it. I do not believe that this thread is usefull at all because it will not change the reality of scrappers. But it's like a book, some find it amazingly usefull others don't. That being said, maintaining a thread like this is hard work and time consuming. And you get no money or a lot of gratitude. I stopped posting about giving advice on just going with scrappers on this particular thread because I respected the time and effort that goes into it. If you don't like the way this thread is being run, go start a new one yourself. I didn't think so. So do what I did, take this thread for what it is and be appreciative for the hard work that went into it wether you agree with it or not. And if there is something that needs to be said, start a new thread. Nothing's stopping you. Except maybe your willingness to keep one going.

You know, I am one who does not agree with this thread. I've learned thru my trading experience that scrappers are a part of pin trading and just accept it. I do not believe that this thread is usefull at all because it will not change the reality of scrappers. But it's like a book, some find it amazingly usefull others don't. That being said, maintaining a thread like this is hard work and time consuming. And you get no money or a lot of gratitude. I stopped posting about giving advice on just going with scrappers on this particular thread because I respected the time and effort that goes into it. If you don't like the way this thread is being run, go start a new one yourself. I didn't think so. So do what I did, take this thread for what it is and be appreciative for the hard work that went into it wether you agree with it or not. And if there is something that needs to be said, start a new thread. Nothing's stopping you. Except maybe your willingness to keep one going.

I agree with everything you say except to respectfully disagree on the part about scrappers.
To me it's like saying music/DVD piracy is ok since everyone is doing it.

Scrappers may not take away from the trading experience of little kids but it sure kills in-park trading for me (started collecting/trading in 2000).
So I let my kids trade with authentic pins and I pretty much scrap the ones they traded and don't want to keep.
Sucks for us parents because it is almost as if we are paying double for every pin we trade.

And this thread even though it's old and hasn't been updated still was helpful to me. I was able to sort through the list and found a great seller a couple months back. So I think it is a great place to start.

I for one find this thread very useful -- I only wish I'd seen it before buying from a "red" seller and getting a lot of obvious scrappers. I don't see any problem with having information out there and letting each individual user decide how much weight to give a recommendation.

Thanks to the OP and to everyone who has contributed information!

Not get into a debate but to clarify my scrapper stance. If I trade at the park, there is a major chance I will get a scrapper back. So why buy a 10 dollar pin and trade it for a scrapper. Since in all likely hood I am getting a scrapper back, I personally have no issue trading them a scrapper. That is all I will say on scrappers on this thread.

Thank You for echoing what I have been saying. :) I appreciate that. I do feel the dissenter is not getting it when I've been saying it. :)

I agree with everything you say except to respectfully disagree on the part about scrappers.
To me it's like saying music/DVD piracy is ok since everyone is doing it.

Scrappers may not take away from the trading experience of little kids but it sure kills in-park trading for me (started collecting/trading in 2000).
So I let my kids trade with authentic pins and I pretty much scrap the ones they traded and don't want to keep.
Sucks for us parents because it is almost as if we are paying double for every pin we trade.

And this thread even though it's old and hasn't been updated still was helpful to me. I was able to sort through the list and found a great seller a couple months back. So I think it is a great place to start.

:thumbsup2

I for one find this thread very useful -- I only wish I'd seen it before buying from a "red" seller and getting a lot of obvious scrappers. I don't see any problem with having information out there and letting each individual user decide how much weight to give a recommendation.

Thanks to the OP and to everyone who has contributed information!

:thumbsup2

Not get into a debate but to clarify my scrapper stance. If I trade at the park, there is a major chance I will get a scrapper back. So why buy a 10 dollar pin and trade it for a scrapper. Since in all likely hood I am getting a scrapper back, I personally have no issue trading them a scrapper. That is all I will say on scrappers on this thread.

I love that we can agree to disagree and not let it get to us. I don't pay $10 for pins and I work my hardest to not trade scrappers. Of course there's no guarantee that I'm not and I know I get them in trades but if I like the pin I don't let it bother me that much. :) We all need to find the solution that works for us and we've both done that. Nice to see you posting on the thread, whether you are behind it 100% or not. :)

Thank You for echoing what I have been saying. :) I appreciate that. I do feel the dissenter is not getting it when I've been saying it. :) :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 I love that we can agree to disagree and not let it get to us. I don't pay $10 for pins and I work my hardest to not trade scrappers. Of course there's no guarantee that I'm not and I know I get them in trades but if I like the pin I don't let it bother me that much. :) We all need to find the solution that works for us and we've both done that. Nice to see you posting on the thread, whether you are behind it 100% or not. :)
Thanks for your passion and hard work and interest in this. I can appreciate and respect that. Even though you know how I feel, I still enjoy reading this thread

I think all of us would agree that we don't want to trade a pin we paid $10 for, for a scrapper. But some of us will go to some effort to pay up to $2-3 to make sure that we're getting real pins that don't contribute to the scrapper problem. That's is the whole purpose of this thread. People who don't care whether they're contributing to the problem don't need the thread. But I really appreciate it. And there's a ton of information on the front page to help you find a good seller.

Thanks to everybody who contributes information on sellers!

Getting some really nice pins from Old Mooma. Unopened packages on many. Do have a question. I'm gathering pins for my grandchildren to trade when we all go to WDW. How many would you have per child? They will range in age from 4 - 9 when we go.

Getting really nice pins from Old Mooma. New, on cards and many in sealed packages. I do have a question. I'm buying pins for my grandchildren to trade at WDW when we all go. How many would you get for each child? They will be aged 4-9 when we go.

Getting really nice pins from Old Mooma. New, on cards and many in sealed packages. I do have a question. I'm buying pins for my grandchildren to trade at WDW when we all go. How many would you get for each child? They will be aged 4-9 when we go.

It depends on whether they get attached to pins or are happy to trade for them, and then trade them again. For kids that age, I think 10 per day is enough, and yet keeps it under control. (Unlike me.). :)

Just received my pins from Old Mooma -- they look great! All packaged, complete with price tags! Very very impressed!

Question for you pin experts: do they have marathon pins? I am heading down (solo!) next month and would like to pick one up for myself. I am also planning to trade a few of the newly purchased eBay ones for my boys' collection.

Just received my pins from Old Mooma -- they look great! All packaged, complete with price tags! Very very impressed!

Question for you pin experts: do they have marathon pins? I am heading down (solo!) next month and would like to pick one up for myself. I am also planning to trade a few of the newly purchased eBay ones for my boys' collection.

The only marathon pins I know of are the ones they sell with marathon/half-marathon registration. But if you mean you're going in December, there will be lots of holiday (Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year) pins.

The only marathon pins I know of are the ones they sell with marathon/half-marathon registration. But if you mean you're going in December, there will be lots of holiday (Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year) pins.

Oops, I meant January, not December! I'm so ready for my trip that I'm forgetting the date.
Thanks for the marathon pin info.

I'm sorry but IMO it is rude, as is this post. I understand what your saying but to ask for help means to give your log in information to someone else, not many people I know are willing to do that. Would you? The OP is NOT on a high horse, she simply had the time to update when she took over, her life has changed and she's not able to take the time like she was able to earlier. It is always a good idea to read the first few pages and the last few pages to see if there are missing updates. Honestly, I'll say it again, posts like this are the reasons that the thread owners stop updating, it is very discouraging to do this for others and only get negative feedback, its also very discouraging to do this for others and get hate mail sent to you via PM, which may be another reason she became a little scarce. One of the sellers on the red list was hate PMing me and I never said anything about that seller......
I'll say it again, NONE of the thread owners for this thread have been on a high horse, it is simply someone trying to help those of us who buy on eBay and those who are new. Your assumptions and accusations are rude.

This person is not on here all the time, I believe you can click on her profile to see how active she has been.

Again, if you don't like the way the thread is maintained then start your own. I haven't purchased any pins on eBay for quite some time so I don't have any updated input and I work so I can't commit to do this right now.

I will never give my personal log-in information to anyone. That would be idiotic.

My life changed drastically, so no, I have not been on here all the time. I haven't been on here at all.

Feel free to start your own thread. I only started this one because the old one hadn't been updated in years and people were asking for it and at the time I was able to do it and tried to be helpful. But all I got was hate mail through PM's, comments posted that were so bad that the board administrators stepped in and deleted them, and someone actually sitting down and taking the time to read every single post I made to try to figure out who I am and then coming to harrass me in real life. Honestly, that scared the crap out of me, and that is when I took a break from this thread. Would you want someone doing that to you?

Bingo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter