Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

For those who purchased VGF during the Spring/Summer Magical Beginnings promo, did you do the sell-back the 1st UY of points for $20-22pp? If you chose not to sell those back , was this still a worthwhile promo for you to pursue Or, fairly on par with other offers? For me, $3300 on 150 sounds good until you still have to pay $1100 on those points.
Worked well for us with 150pts VGF. We bought in June ‘23, sold back 2022’s points @$22pp, and our Sept UY points loaded again this month. The way I see it, we only paid June, July and August dues against the $3,300 Magical Beginnings rebate. So not quite $300 in dues, leaving us with $3k in exchange for 1 year of 150pts.

We still have 41 years of points left on the contract after selling back 2022. For those I’m still only paying ~40.5 years worth of dues from Sept 2023 through Jan 31, 2064. I’m still 7 months ahead in the game of dues :)

For those who purchased VGF during the Spring/Summer Magical Beginnings promo, did you do the sell-back the 1st UY of points for $20-22pp? If you chose not to sell those back , was this still a worthwhile promo for you to pursue Or, fairly on par with other offers? For me, $3300 on 150 sounds good until you still have to pay $1100 on those points.
I sold back my 2022 points and will get 2023 Dec 1. Net cost was $161 per point, pretty hard to beat that. I paid zero for those points

Last edited:
Worked well for us with 150pts VGF. We bought in June ‘23, sold back 2022’s points @$22pp, and our Sept UY points loaded again this month. The way I see it, we only paid June, July and August dues against the $3,300 Magical Beginnings rebate. So not quite $300 in dues, leaving us with $3k in exchange for 1 year of 150pts.

We still have 41 years of points left on the contract after selling back 2022. For those I’m still only paying ~40.5 years worth of dues from Sept 2023 through Jan 31, 2064. I’m still 7 months ahead in the game of dues :)
Thank you for making me realize we have an extra year on our new VFG membership!

We are MB 2022 and doing the math in my head I assumed it would be 40 years of points (23-63) but you're right it's 41! Unfortunately my spreadsheet is better at math than I am so it doesn't change our numbers at all, but still good to know :-)

So you only had to pay for the months in between when you purchased and when the UY begins again? It’s not the whole year worth of dues?

So you only had to pay for the months in between when you purchased and when the UY begins again? It’s not the whole year worth of dues?
I had to pay prorated dues starting from June. So I’m still paying 7 months of dues for 2023, though with my UY and a new year of points arriving in Sept, I chose to regard Sept-Dec dues toward 2023’s points. Even doing it that way, I still only pay 5 month of dues on the final year of points.

My UY is Dec so I’ll pay Oct-Dec prorated for 2023 points
Nice deal! Though part of my heart hurts for this Magical Beginnings program; so many vacation points not used by their owners! But I understand the financial draw of getting the price per point down (okay technically we have to add the dues back into the equation).

So happy people able to add on or become new members no matter how they got the points.

Nice deal! Though part of my heart hurts for this Magical Beginnings program; so many vacation points not used by their owners! But I understand the financial draw of getting the price per point down (okay technically we have to add the dues back into the equation).

So happy people able to add on or become new members no matter how they got the points.
As it turns out I found another new GF owner with same UY who’s transferring all her points for a great deal! So I’m set and came out ahead

When you buy direct, you pay prorated dues from the date you sign to the end of the calendar year. Dues are assessed to cover operations and maintenance of the resort and have nothing to do with UY. If you’re an owner for half the year, you need to contribute to operate and maintain your resort for that half of the year.

When you buy resale, dues are negotiable.

As it turns out I found another new GF owner with same UY who’s transferring all her points for a great deal! So I’m set and came out ahead
Nice! So you paid something less than $22/pt (not excluding $0 pp cuz she might be a good friend) and took a transfer into your membership. Was it for 2023 or 2024 UY? Just curious cuz as you know, 2023 UY can still be transferred. Either way, score!
When you buy direct, you pay prorated dues from the date you sign to the end of the calendar year. Dues are assessed to cover operations and maintenance of the resort and have nothing to do with UY. If you’re an owner for half the year, you need to contribute to operate and maintain your resort for that half of the year.

This ⬆️

For all of you who spaced out your payments, how long did it take before you got the magical beginnings check once you closed? We spaced our payments our over 3 months and just closed on Sept. 7 or something around there? Just wondering when I’ll see the $.

For all of you who spaced out your payments, how long did it take before you got the magical beginnings check once you closed? We spaced our payments our over 3 months and just closed on Sept. 7 or something around there? Just wondering when I’ll see the $.
It took about 10 days after closing for me to get the checks.

Thanks, our last direct was a really long time ago so, I forgot how the dues worked.

I’ll let you know when ours comes since we were just a few days earlier (Sept 2). Back in June when we signed MB my guide said it would release after final payment and should arrive by mid-October. I think that was an estimate of the longest it could take. But most people are getting it within a few weeks so maybe any day now :)

We’re also waiting for our $25,000 gold water bottles lol. Those should be coming too!

Yesterday I received a $150 Disney Dining gift card for a Dream It Forward referral. I think both me and the person we referred needed to close first. It gives you a year to use and only one per year. Nice bonus on top of all else.

I’ll let you know when ours comes since we were just a few days earlier (Sept 2). Back in June when we signed MB my guide said it would release after final payment and should arrive by mid-October. I think that was an estimate of the longest it could take. But most people are getting it within a few weeks so maybe any day now :)

We received our rebate check yesterday, Monday Sept 25th. :banana:

So it took around 3 weeks. Yours might come this week too!

eta- it’s postmarked Sept 15. Not a big envelope so keep your eye out.

Last edited:
Nice! So you paid something less than $22/pt (not excluding $0 pp cuz she might be a good friend) and took a transfer into your membership. Was it for 2023 or 2024 UY? Just curious cuz as you know, 2023 UY can still be transferred. Either way, score!

This ⬆️
I paid $16pp for 150 2023 points! Sold mine for $22 and bought them back for $16..total score 👍🏻

We’re also waiting for our $25,000 gold water bottles lol. Those should be coming too!

Yesterday I received a $150 Disney Dining gift card for a Dream It Forward referral. I think both me and the person we referred needed to close first. It gives you a year to use and only one per year. Nice bonus on top of all else.
I have 4 referrals, 2 over 500 points each!

I’m not into making a living being a referral, I just have a big network and love talking DVC. But, seeing as how my referrals (who truly wouldn’t have bought at all without my encouragement) made the company over a quarter million dollars, I think one $150 gift card is pretty silly.

Like why is only 1 referral eligible? Don’t they all spend money? Compared to the perks “back in the day” I think this is nonsensical. Just my opinion … Rant over :)

I paid $16pp for 150 2023 points! Sold mine for $22 and bought them back for $16..total score 👍🏻

I have 4 referrals, 2 over 500 points each!

I’m not into making a living being a referral, I just have a big network and love talking DVC. But, seeing as how my referrals (who truly wouldn’t have bought at all without my encouragement) made the company over a quarter million dollars, I think one $150 gift card is pretty silly.

Like why is only 1 referral eligible? Don’t they all spend money? Compared to the perks “back in the day” I think this is nonsensical. Just my opinion … Rant over :)
Do you only receive the referral money once? Darn.

Edit: read above it's once per year :(, was hoping to get a second one. oh well!

If you don’t mind me asking, are you a new member? When did you get it?
Sure, I don’t mind. We bought resale a few years back, then VGF direct with Sept 6, 2023 closing.

Direct was a new membership and granted us blue card. We spread payments over the summer. Once officially closed it took a little over 3 weeks to receive the MB rebate and 5 weeks to receive the gold water bottle gift boxes (we got 2).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter