Current Magical Beginnings promotion with Direct

That’s why we originally bought at both Riv and CCV. And you get the pricing for your entire purchase, not per contract.
I'm not sure if that is true across different resorts. Earlier this summer as I bought 150 at VGF, I asked my guide about pricing of 50 VDH at the same time, and he said that there wouldn't be any discount for the 50 points at VDH. I probably would have bought VDH at the same time if I could have had the discounted pricing for buying 200 points overall.

This selling 2023 points back is confusing. So my UY is Aug. We are going in Nov, 2024 so I will be in my 11 Month window Dec, 2023. If I purchase and sell back my 2023 points will I be able to book in Dec, 2023 using my AUG UY points for 2024 and hopefully borrow 2025 so I would have a total of 300 points to use for the trip?

This selling 2023 points back is confusing. So my UY is Aug. We are going in Nov, 2024 so I will be in my 11 Month window Dec, 2023. If I purchase and sell back my 2023 points will I be able to book in Dec, 2023 using my AUG UY points for 2024 and hopefully borrow 2025 so I would have a total of 300 points to use for the trip?
Yes. When you book the system will look at the points you'll have available during those dates, not the points you currently have available in your account.

Here’s what makes it easy for me. First determine UY of the trip. All trips, no matter when you book can be “paid” for using points banked from the UY prior to the trip, points from the UY of the trip and borrow points from the UY after the trip to finish the reservation.

Since a Nov 2024 trip is in your 2024 UY, it can use banked 2023…if you had them..2024 and borrowed 2025…when you go to book in December!

I'm not sure if that is true across different resorts. Earlier this summer as I bought 150 at VGF, I asked my guide about pricing of 50 VDH at the same time, and he said that there wouldn't be any discount for the 50 points at VDH. I probably would have bought VDH at the same time if I could have had the discounted pricing for buying 200 points overall.
I think I finally got my head wrapped around this and understand. Sounds like a good deal. I still don't know what the $500 referral fee is all about. Is this just for new owners? Thanks

Hi all, just want to share what an absolute treasure DISboards is! We went in for our in-person tour here at VGC on Monday. Our guide “locked-in” the incentives for us for Friday, but made little mention of MB. As we began our DVC journey with resale last month, our UY is officially Dec. The current VGF UY is April but they will be making an “exception” for us. The reason I use quotes is thanks to everyone here! By searching the board and seeing the clarifying Q’s and answers from experience, I had a gist of what the DVC was capable of offering on the final incentive day. I felt so comfortable leaving the tour knowing that it was noted in our file and we could ponder over it some more. We were looking to possibly waitlist with our new points for an end of Oct stay (I know VERY tight, near impossible), and our guide offered to see what they could do.

My question is, has anyone had experience with guides “making magic” happen with stays like this? I sent a follow-up email inquiring on MB, in case we would have to attempt a waitlist. I assume we would be locked in on the previous MB offering of $22? That’s $300 I’d for sure want to keep on the table- yes I’m aware, Petty Betty in comparison to the $27k purchase haha) :teacher::jester:

As a current member, they should always match your UY. (Thats atleast what my guide said to me). The "exceptions" are normally when you are not a member and you ask for the non-default UY and also if you are a member and ask for a non matching UY to your own and also not their default.
I just got Dec UY this week and our other contracts are Jun. Had to get approvals for that.

As a current member, they should always match your UY. (Thats atleast what my guide said to me). The "exceptions" are normally when you are not a member and you ask for the non-default UY and also if you are a member and ask for a non matching UY to your own and also not their default.
I just got Dec UY this week and our other contracts are Jun. Had to get approvals for that.
Yeah, I think they were confused as to if we were “members” or not because of our resale. The guide was awesome and jumped up to ask 😂

Hi all, just want to share what an absolute treasure DISboards is! We went in for our in-person tour here at VGC on Monday. Our guide “locked-in” the incentives for us for Friday, but made little mention of MB. As we began our DVC journey with resale last month, our UY is officially Dec. The current VGF UY is April but they will be making an “exception” for us. The reason I use quotes is thanks to everyone here! By searching the board and seeing the clarifying Q’s and answers from experience, I had a gist of what the DVC was capable of offering on the final incentive day. I felt so comfortable leaving the tour knowing that it was noted in our file and we could ponder over it some more. We were looking to possibly waitlist with our new points for an end of Oct stay (I know VERY tight, near impossible), and our guide offered to see what they could do.

My question is, has anyone had experience with guides “making magic” happen with stays like this? I sent a follow-up email inquiring on MB, in case we would have to attempt a waitlist. I assume we would be locked in on the previous MB offering of $22? That’s $300 I’d for sure want to keep on the table- yes I’m aware, Petty Betty in comparison to the $27k purchase haha) :teacher::jester:
I also agree this community is a treasure and especially thank @LittleBitGoofy for starting this thread and getting SO MANY of us into VGF at an incredible price point…just saw that DVD ROFR’d a VGF contract today around $150 (for 260 points!)— and I’m feeling great about giving into temptation and buying direct last Friday. 🥰

Welcome Home x2! Great timing as VGF direct won’t see this price again (unless it flips another building lol, doubtful).

As far as helping with the Oct booking… it varies. Occasionally somebody shares getting that ‘impossible’ booking. Plenty of others reporting no success with easier bookings. Worth a shot.

I think since you’ve locked into the last round of incentives that will include the $22 MB. Not certain though. They could say it’s its own separate contract subject to whatever applies on the date signed. Let us know how they respond.

I have a question about Magical Beginnings with an add-on purchase that I'm hoping someone who has been through it can answer.

In looking at the current Magical Beginnings promotion, it says that you are eligible for Magical Beginnings when you "buy an ownership interest directly from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. (“Developer”) with at least 150 Vacation Points at select Disney Vacation Club Resorts." Does this mean that you must be buying at least 150 additional points to be eligible for Magical Beginnings or is it referring to the requirement that you have to have at least 150 Vacation Points to be a "blue card" member with all the benefits and that makes you eligible for Magical Beginnings? The fact that 150 is the magic number for full benefits made me wonder if that's what they mean.

Has anyone gotten Magical Beginnings with a less than 150 point purchase?

I have a question about Magical Beginnings with an add-on purchase that I'm hoping someone who has been through it can answer.

Has anyone gotten Magical Beginnings with a less than 150 point purchase?
Nope. Gotta do at least 150 pts to qualify. They won't buy back the points on 50, 100, etc. Gotta hit the 150 mark.

Disboards is such a blessing. So informative. My only regret is that I didn't see this offer sooner so I could get the 2022 Buy back. My UY is Aug and I didn't buy until Aug so according to my guide it was too late to cash in on the 2022 and my only choice was to sell back 2023. I considered changing to Oct or Dec UY but seemed like a hassle to have 2 different ones. Hopefully the guide told me correctly. Thanks to all for your help.

Disboards is such a blessing. So informative. My only regret is that I didn't see this offer sooner so I could get the 2022 Buy back. My UY is Aug and I didn't buy until Aug so according to my guide it was too late to cash in on the 2022 and my only choice was to sell back 2023. I considered changing to Oct or Dec UY but seemed like a hassle to have 2 different ones. Hopefully the guide told me correctly. Thanks to all for your help.
Your guide is correct, once the calendar date passes the day your UY starts, you can no longer receive the prior UY points.

The guide was correct. Once a 2023 UY has started, it no longer has the previous 2022 points.

For those who purchased VGF during the Spring/Summer Magical Beginnings promo, did you do the sell-back the 1st UY of points for $20-22pp? If you chose not to sell those back , was this still a worthwhile promo for you to pursue Or, fairly on par with other offers? For me, $3300 on 150 sounds good until you still have to pay $1100 on those points.

For those who purchased VGF during the Spring/Summer Magical Beginnings promo, did you do the sell-back the 1st UY of points for $20-22pp? If you chose not to sell those back , was this still a worthwhile promo for you to pursue Or, fairly on par with other offers?
Still a great deal without the Magical Beginnings rebate. It was cheaper than the original early release pricing for current members (unless you purchased over 300 points) and you got the same amount of UY points. Big Pine Key sales only included 2022 UY points even if you were in your 2021 UY since the resort wasn't open.

Screenshot 2023-09-17 at 7.45.21 PM.png

At $207 per point in 2022 with initial incentives, 300+ points would have been $179 per point. 150 points this summer cost $183.1 before Magical Beginnings. Anything 300 points or less was cheaper this summer at the $217 price per point with incentives.

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program/financial/news-34867/5242-grand-floridian-pricing-debuts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter