Current Ship Staff & Movies

Mike had a bit of experience with hurricane replanning as a ACD on Disney Fantasy last October when Hurricane Matthew gave us the inaugural 8-night Western Caribbean on Disney Fantasy. This was the first ever passenger cruise longer than 7-nights for Disney Fantasy, so it was a bit of scramble to work in subbing Cozumel again for Castaway Cay (hit by the hurricane) and adding another sea day (Port Canaveral was closed), but the entire Cruise Staff Team did an awesome job. We had to rely solely on paper Personal Navigators because the Navigator app could not handle the change from 7 to 8-nights, and was showing half of us as having our cruise completed and the other half a different schedule. Our Captain did an awesome job of always finding us smooth water and clear skies, you would have never had known there was hurricane anywhere in the Caribbean.

I'm pretty sure that can't be true, the Fantasy does do a Southern Caribbean cruise that is longer than 7 nights I think they do two and it takes up three weeks. Then they are back on the 7 night cycle. One is 11 nights and the other is 10 I think.

I just called to see what movies will playing on the Fantasy's 10/13 Western Caribbean sailing. They said: Dr. Strange, Moana, Rogue 1: Star Wars, Beauty and the Beast, Spiderman Homecoming, Born in China, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and Cars 3.

Dream has been updated.

Just a quick plea, if anyone has any recent info on the Fantasy, Magic, or Wonder an update would be greatly appreciated. I am really trying to keep this thread updated for other cruises as I know a lot of people want to know who's going to be on their cruise and what movies are playing. Just trying to save multiple threads from being opened on the same subject. I do sincerely thank each and every person who has taken time to send in updates. Happy sailing!

Sail Date:
Ship Name:
Captain:
Cruise Director:
Assistant Cruise Director:
Club Host:
Cruise staff:
Movies playing in the theaters:

Dream Oct 6

Captain Heny
CD Trent
ACD Drew
Club Host Tony
Staff - DJ Neil, Zach, Hannah, Mari, Kajoree, Kim, Tamsin (There were more)
Movies: Guardians of the Galaxy, Cars 3, Pirates of the Caribbean, Nightmare before Christmas, Beauty and the Beast

This was the Wonder as of September 11. I know it's almost a month but haven't seen any updates since then.

Sail Date: Sept 4-Sept 11 2017
Ship Name: Disney Wonder
Captain:
Cruise Director: Darren
Club Host: Jo
Cruise staff: Brian (US), Brian (UK), Rani, DJ Alex (that's all I can remember)
Movies playing in the theaters: Spider-Man Homecoming, Cars 3, POTC 5, Beauty and the Beast, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3, Born in China, Moana

Jo should still be club host, she said throughout the cruise that she will probably get fired before her contract is up in November :joker:

This was the Wonder as of September 11. I know it's almost a month but haven't seen any updates since then.

Captain:
Movies playing in the theaters: Spider-Man Homecoming, Cars 3, POTC 5, Beauty and the Beast, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3, Born in China, Moana

Jo should still be club host, she said throughout the cruise that she will probably get fired before her contract is up in November :joker:

Thank you!

Thank you!

Captain:

Hi there! Could I ask the names of your server and assistant server in the MDR? DID YOU LIKE THEM? Thank you for this! Aloha, Karen

Hi there! Could I ask the names of your server and assistant server in the MDR? DID YOU LIKE THEM? Thank you for this! Aloha, Karen

(The serving teams change up, so it's better to request one or the other because if they are no longer a team, the assigner won't know which is more important to you and you may get neither.)

(The serving teams change up, so it's better to request one or the other because if they are no longer a team, the assigner won't know which is more important to you and you may get neither.)
Yes I am aware of this! Did you want to share the name of your server and did you like them?

Yes I am aware of this! Did you want to share the name of your server and did you like them?

On the Magic in Feb I had Aditya and Tiago. Both were awesome - but if requesting I'd go with Tiago.

My all-time favorite - Maureen Kaela who was my assistant on the Fantasy - is sadly no longer with the company. :(

"Jo should still be club host, she said throughout the cruise that she will probably get fired before her contract is up in November :joker:"

I think Jo has been close to "getting fired" for years!

As of 9/30 the following CM's were on the Fantasy. Although Steve was leaving on the 30th to go to another ship.

Commodore Tom
Cruise Director was Natalie
Club Host was Tisa...things got wild one night at Match your Mate...whoo hoo!

Skipper Steve was the entertainment lead with his team of Raf, Cory, Holly, Mallory, Chalis (could be wrong on the spelling...very nice girl) and many others.

Movies: Moana, Rogue 1: Star Wars, Beauty and the Beast, Spiderman Homecoming, Born in China, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and Cars 3.
Lots of good movies on Funnel Vision as well.

Dream has been updated.

Just a quick plea, if anyone has any recent info on the Fantasy, Magic, or Wonder an update would be greatly appreciated. I am really trying to keep this thread updated for other cruises as I know a lot of people want to know who's going to be on their cruise and what movies are playing. Just trying to save multiple threads from being opened on the same subject. I do sincerely thank each and every person who has taken time to send in updates. Happy sailing!

Sail Date:
Ship Name:
Captain:
Cruise Director:
Club Host:
Cruise staff:
Movies playing in the theaters:
I should be able to tell you in a bit over a week for the Wonder......lol

I'm pretty sure that can't be true, the Fantasy does do a Southern Caribbean cruise that is longer than 7 nights I think they do two and it takes up three weeks. Then they are back on the 7 night cycle. One is 11 nights and the other is 10 I think.

This inaugural 8-night happened in October 2016 while the 11 and 10-night Southern Caribbean itineraries did not sail until mid-June of this year (2017).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter