Current state at Bldg. 24 OKW - added picture of refrigerator

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
Good morning,
read bold for basics. The rest is just descriptive.
My dearest friend stayed on my points last night in building 24. She is one of the most positive happy people in the world. We were at building 31 for all of last weekend. Her grandchildren, daughter, and SIL are in town and staying for a week offsite. She cried when I told her I booked her a room at OKW so she could be onsite, not pay $$, and be somewhere she knows She's logged many nights there with me in a 2 bed and was really, really happy to be in just a studio.

Anyway, she texted me a million thank you texts. In one she mentioned that if I get the survey to tell them the trucks started at 6:30 a.m. jack hammering at 7:00 a.m. this morning. Her neighbor was might angry.

Good morning,
read bold for basics. The rest is just descriptive.
My dearest friend stayed on my points last night in building 24. She is one of the most positive happy people in the world. We were at building 31 for all of last weekend. Her grandchildren, daughter, and SIL are in town and staying for a week offsite. She cried when I told her I booked her a room at OKW so she could be onsite, not pay $$, and be somewhere she knows She's logged many nights there with me in a 2 bed and was really, really happy to be in just a studio.

Anyway, she texted me a million thank you texts. In one she mentioned that if I get the survey to tell them the trucks started at 6:30 a.m. jack hammering at 7:00 a.m. this morning. Her neighbor was might angry.

Buena Vista Construction Company and maintenence are not supposed to start working that early. I'd speak with the hotel manager ASAP.

This was from last weekend April 5-7 in a two bed. 3122
I was tarred and feathered on the OKW FB page last week- good riddance to that trash - for posting the picture below (the entire seal was off). I commented - nothing mean - I called maintenance (oh boy, the FB folks wanted me to just fix it). I didn't raise a ruckus or ask for anything. We had "nothing" in there as you can see but I was concerned about a family either blaming their child when it came off again or spoiling real groceries.
I commented on the fact the door is on backwards (unless they are changing all of them after 30+ years). If you were at the sink, you could not open the doors. You would need to bypass the refrigerator so you are standing next to the big table to open it; effectively blocking access to the kitchen while in the refrigerator.
My friend called it out the second she opened it. I just thought I'd lost my mind. A sampling of the comments:
"First World Problems"
"McGyver it with tape"
"Why are you wasting precious vacation time on this"
"This looks like a 1 bed" (really? and if it were, would that change ANYTHING)
"I'd rather be there than working"

Attachments

• OKW refrigerator April 6 2025 - 2 bed bldg 31.jpg
    OKW refrigerator April 6 2025 - 2 bed bldg 31.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 73
This was from last weekend April 5-7 in a two bed. 3122
I was tarred and feathered on the OKW FB page last week- good riddance to that trash - for posting the picture below (the entire seal was off). I commented - nothing mean - I called maintenance (oh boy, the FB folks wanted me to just fix it). I didn't raise a ruckus or ask for anything. We had "nothing" in there as you can see but I was concerned about a family either blaming their child when it came off again or spoiling real groceries.
I commented on the fact the door is on backwards (unless they are changing all of them after 30+ years). If you were at the sink, you could not open the doors. You would need to bypass the refrigerator so you are standing next to the big table to open it; effectively blocking access to the kitchen while in the refrigerator.
My friend called it out the second she opened it. I just thought I'd lost my mind. A sampling of the comments:
"First World Problems"
"McGyver it with tape"
I also wanted to click the Sad emoji to your post. I stay away from FB and let DH keep up with it. He’ll tell me about anything important (which I’ve usually already read here on DISboards) or something particularly ridiculous or sad (the ignorance there is truly deplorable). Otherwise I don’t have to deal with those folks.

A sampling of the comments:
"First World Problems"
"McGyver it with tape"
Some of them at least made me laugh

1. Yes, first world appliances breaking is a first world problem
  2. Disney doesn't have MacGyver (at least spell it correctly), maybe Pluto it?
  3. Is waiting for others to get off the bus first also a waste of precious vacation time?
  4. A 1br refrigerator? I think those should be laying down, not standing up.
  5. Working might allow you to be here tomorrow!!

Some of them at least made me laugh

1. Yes, first world appliances breaking is a first world problem
  2. Disney doesn't have MacGyver (at least spell it correctly), maybe Pluto it?
  3. Is waiting for others to get off the bus first also a waste of precious vacation time?
  4. A 1br refrigerator? I think those should be laying down, not standing up.
  5. Working might allow you to be here tomorrow!!

Some questioned the fact that I actually work from "Disney". Ugh, since we don't have an office and I was hired before COVID, thinking I don't have a choice other than remote. :confused3
I do travel to customer site's - sometimes I move there but work is where the Wi-Fi is and I am grateful. At 11 meetings a day (yes, they overlap and priority dictates the choice), I would be missed fairly quickly if I were galivanting in the parks.

I also wanted to click the Sad emoji to your post. I stay away from FB and let DH keep up with it. He’ll tell me about anything important (which I’ve usually already read here on DISboards) or something particularly ridiculous or sad (the ignorance there is truly deplorable). Otherwise I don’t have to deal with those folks.
I posted about an unfavorable view location - That was brutal with people asking if I had "paid for a preferred view" at OKW? No, the explanation of HH (which I dislike and wasn't at) did not satisfy them - they were sure there was a paid preferred view.

Last edited:
I hate FB. There were a bunch of people posting there today that there was never a ticket discount for DVC members, only the discounted AP's. I know there was back when I first bought in but I think it was a length of stay pass which never interested me. I restrained myself from commenting. We also got access to the post-covid multi-day ticket deal that they offered to regular hotel guests because I was lacking an AP at the time so I definitely took advantage of that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter