Cut one park short for the day - Epcot or Animal Kingdom?

ryman471

Mouseketeer
I know it is all personal preference, but which park would you cut it short for the day if you HAD to: Animal Kingdom or Epcot? Before i thought it would be animal kingdom for sure but contemplating now because of all the construction in Epcot. Going in mid June so don't know if Ratatouille will be open by then or not and if construction will be better or worse. Will be 2 adults and a 10 year old daughter. Initially thinking cutting AK short because i live in a city that has a zoo and been to many zoos in the Midwest to cut some time out but not for sure!

That's a hard question. Neither parks have TONS of rides and they both have a lot of walking around and enjoying the atmosphere. In EPCOT, you walk around world showcase and in AK, you walk the trails to see the animals. I guess it depends which one you'd rather see.

Epcot for sure for less time with all the construction and closures. Spaceship Earth will be closed then also. So not much to do unless you do allot of walking around World Showcase.

AK has FOP, KS, EE, Lion King Show, Kali River, Navi River and Dino all of which will keep you busy. It resembles nothing like a zoo for sure. We typically go to AK on a day when they open at 8 and stay to around 3 or 4. However, if you plan to ride FOP once or twice (one without FP) you are going to chew up time there. If just once then you may get done earlier. If you never have been to AK I would plan there for the day especially with a 10 year old as they will love it there.

Also a big Plus to stay for later at AK is Pandora at night!

It comes down to preference. If Epcot had no construction we would do a day as we typically book a meal there but even then a day is really a stretch there right now unless a festival is on.

All depends on what tickles your fancy. I can easily spend all 2 or 3 days at Epcot, my family's happy with hitting Soaring and Test Track and being out of there. They like hitting several things at AK, and I'm pretty good after the Pandora area.

I would not be skipping either, just not spending all evening there, about a half day there and full day/evening on the other
Personally, we'd do the full day at AK. We love that park.

For only a half day at Epcot, we'd center around World Showcase and pop over to ride Soarin'. Spaceship Earth will be closed anyway. For rides we'd just plan Rattatouille, Soarin' and Frozen or 3 Cabellaros. We'd mix in exploring World Showcase and try to eat at Space220 before leaving.

Epcot. But then again, Animal Kingdom is my second favorite of the parks and has my favorite ride (FOP).

i just had to make this decision last trip with my travel day and decided that AK would get the short day. In this circumstance it was because i had to skip FOP/EE/Dinosaur so we just did photos, navi, safari, & lion king that day along with casual exploring around.
AK is nothing like a Zoo though.

EPCOT for me can be done in a short day because I don't drink and don't shop a lot so there goes two top reasons people visit EPCOT. AK has so many great shows, the Safari, Gorilla Trail and Maharajah Jungle Trek are all favorites and we take our time going through those. Plus our kids love the boneyard.

I know it is all personal preference, but which park would you cut it short for the day if you HAD to: Animal Kingdom or Epcot? Before i thought it would be animal kingdom for sure but contemplating now because of all the construction in Epcot. Going in mid June so don't know if Ratatouille will be open by then or not and if construction will be better or worse. Will be 2 adults and a 10 year old daughter. Initially thinking cutting AK short because i live in a city that has a zoo and been to many zoos in the Midwest to cut some time out but not for sure!

I live in the DC area and I can confirm that the National Zoo is nothing like Animal Kingdom.

Epcot. Construction is a major part of that park right now.

Just got back a few days ago. Given all the construction going on at EPCOT too, I’d definitely cut that one short. Prior to this trip, I would have said the opposite.

For me, this decision is easy. I would do a half day at EPCOT. There are so many good attractions and shows at AK, compared to EPCOT with all the construction. However, it depends on your preference. Additionally, AK is not just a zoo, the animals are just a plus. I hope you have a great trip!

I would do Epcot half a day. With the construction and Space Ship Earth closed it would not take as long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter