Cypress Pointe overbooked-we were bumped out!!!

I just looked on the vr international web site and it looks like the only other time share that they offer in Orlando is Cypress Pointe Resort. It (CPR) is listed on their web site as a seperate holding vs. Cypress Pointe Grand Villa (CGV). I assume that Hotel kingdom, VR international and CPGV have already checked to see if they could get you availability at Cypress Pointe Resort?

have you also tried the windsor hills web site, where you type in all your requirements (date, unit size etc) and get back a ton of responses? I know that it is really close to your departure and holiday week, but that looks to be such a huge development, perhaps there is something still available there. It looks like a fabulous community.

Good luck and please keep us posted as to how you make out.

I just looked on the vr international web site and it looks like the only other time share that they offer in Orlando is Cypress Pointe Resort. It (CPR) is listed on their web site as a seperate holding vs. Cypress Pointe Grand Villa (CGV). I assume that Hotel kingdom, VR international and CPGV have already checked to see if they could get you availability at Cypress Pointe Resort?

have you also tried the windsor hills web site, where you type in all your requirements (date, unit size etc) and get back a ton of responses? I know that it is really close to your departure and holiday week, but that looks to be such a huge development, perhaps there is something still available there. It looks like a fabulous community.

Good luck and please keep us posted as to how you make out.

Thank you! I'll try that!

Windsor Hills is booked solid...at least via Windsorhillsrent.com, for those dates. That's why I suggested you PM mainebound she looked through a bunch of Windsor Hills listings the other day on vrbo.com and found a few openings.

Unfortunately, you have to look through them one by one on vrbo.com.

There are homeowners who advertise on vrbo.com and not on windsorhillsrent.com (and vice versa). But, I can tell you for 100% sure, you're not going to find any openings via windsorhillsrent.com, so don't waste your time, you're just going to get back 100s and 100s of "sorry but we're booked" types of emails for the most part.

So sorry to hear of your problem, I hope you can find something. I think that HotelKingdom should fix this for you and If they don't I'll never book with them again!:mad:

Has this happened to anyone else? I booked my reservation for a 2BR/2BA villa at Cypress Pointe Grandevillas in NOVEMBER, and was notified on Friday that VRI overbooked the resort and was cancelling our reservation, 14 DAYS BEFORE WE ARE SCHEDULED TO BE THERE!!! We booked through hotelkingdom.com and the best we were able to get is a 2BR room at a nearby resort for $50 more per day (we're staying 8 nights). I think they owe us bigtime. Their error is cutting $400 out of our vacation budget. The alternative is to tell our 3 small children that we won't be going to Disney this year. I am furious.

How were you notifed? We book the same timeframe in August and have not received any phone calls or emails. This would be our 5th Hotel Kingdom trip without any problems. Good luck.

I agree that Hotel Kingdom should be held responsible..they are the ones you paid and they need to have something in place in situations like this (which do happen alot)

How were you notifed? We book the same timeframe in August and have not received any phone calls or emails. This would be our 5th Hotel Kingdom trip without any problems. Good luck.

We received a phone call from a rep from HK on Friday afternoon.

I agree that Hotel Kingdom should be held responsible..they are the ones you paid and they need to have something in place in situations like this (which do happen alot)

HK charged us for the down payment only. The balance was charged to Cypress Pointe. I really don't know what to think.

OMG thats so bad, do you not have anyone out there who you can complain to that sort of overseas all these sort of things.

I dont see how they can oversell?
surely it hasnt been like that since november?in which case y just tell u now.
Id get back on the phone and ask them if it was fully booked in november if not, then they can bump someone else and not you, my friend is a lawyer in us, i shall ask him about this.....
(im in uk)
bit worried now as we have ressies with HK for the same place as you in may.

They owe you a comparable or better accomodation at the same price PLUS something for your troubles! Make sure to get the name of everyone yous peak with. If you do'nt get satisfaction, make a complaint to the BBB as well as posting your story everywhere on the net that you can find.

That's just sleazy. Someone screwed up and needs to be held accountable!

Anne

I'm first so sorry to hear this for you 2 weeks out!!! But also I'm now very nervous cause we are due there on April 18th and booked thru Hotel Kingdom
I'm going to call to confirm all this, who should I call the resort itself or Hotel kingdom????:confused3

iwannagoback,

I would call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation.

herc.

I'm first so sorry to hear this for you 2 weeks out!!! But also I'm now very nervous cause we are due there on April 18th and booked thru Hotel Kingdom
I'm going to call to confirm all this, who should I call the resort itself or Hotel kingdom????:confused3

Who the heck knows? Everyone is pointing fingers at everyone else right now and I am so mad I could spit nails!! I have filed a complaint with the BBB against VRI. My sister in law who is an owner at CPR is trying to recall the name of the agency that handles complaints against resorts. If anyone knows that, please post it. :headache:

iwannagoback,

I would call the hotel directly to confirm your reservation.

herc.

I don't think that will help either though. Here's what's in the print on my reservation - PLEASE NOTE: Resort’s computers at front desk will not show your reservation until day of arrival. If you have received confirmation please rest assured that you are confirmed. - That part has always made me nervous. We stayed in February with no problem, and we're booked again for May, and I'm getting very nervous now! We're taking another family with us who I have bragged too so much about Cypress Pointe. I'm going to be so upset if something happens.

Thats the thing..they way they do things makes me wonder at what point the resort knows you have a reservation...how does HK get rooms and did they go over their allotment and now there arent any extras available? Hope you understand what I mean

Actually I called the front desk and was told that we were cancelled. A confirmation means nothing if they cancel you, apparently.

Thats the thing..they way they do things makes me wonder at what point the resort knows you have a reservation...how does HK get rooms and did they go over their allotment and now there arent any extras available? Hope you understand what I mean

What I was told is that VRI released the rooms to the internet company and also sold the same rooms. At least that's Hotel Kingdom's story.

So, on what other sites should I post my story?? popcorn::

I would start with all of the Disney sites--passporter.com is one, there are a ton of them. I'd make sure Mary Waring's Mousesavers and Deb's All Ears know as well.

And then start hitting travel advisor, epinions, etc.

Anne

Have you had a chance to talk to VR International yet? With them being the management company, you would think if there was still a unit available at either CP resorts, they would know about it and book it for you. They also manage a ton of properties world wide. Just my opinion, but if the error was theres, I would think they could offer you a week somewhere at a HUGE discount for a later holiday.

I am waiting to hear back from the manager of the butthead who didn't bother to call me back on Friday. He is trying to get my in at CPR at the same rat, or I will be compensated at the Blue Tree. Whatever-either works for me. And some Dis tickets for my trouble would certainly send me away happy.

That is ridiculous! Especially when you booked so far in advance! I would think they should have to cancel the people who more recently booked reservations...or they should have some way of knowing how many rooms are actually available. Just ridiculous! We are going to CPGV in June and paid in full through alpharoom.com (similar to hotelkingdom) I hope we don't have the same issue. BEST OF LUCK in finding something comparable for you and your beautiful family!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter