Cypress Pointe overbooked-we were bumped out!!!

Sorry to hear about your troubles:confused3 I too had the same problem with hotel kingdom last year at the same resort:confused3 I just thought it was a management change.Complain all you want it did me no good but i was able to get a room thru hotwire.I must say i have used hotelkingdom on several trips and have had no problems!But in that same breath i have not used them since!I know my few dollars didnt speak volumes but i lived ,i learned,and i have moved on!I hope and pray you and your family can find some where else to stay!
Daddydon

Hard to figure who the real culprit is here. The resort contracts with VRI to manage their resort and they (VRI) rent to owners of other VRI-managed resorts and the general public when unit are made available. Owners of timeshare intervals at the resort either use, rent or exchange their weeks through one of the timeshare exchange companies (generally Interval International or RCI). I'm guessing that VRI has an arrangement with Hotel Kingdom to sell inventory beyond what they (VRI) can rent.
At first I was thinking that this mess occurred because HK rented more time than they had authorization to rent, but if the comment that VRI double accounted by giving HK access to inventory that wasn't really available then it looks like VRI should be held accountable.

Hopefully this will turn out okay and they'll be able to put in the phase I section of Cypress Pointe (it is a nice resort). For someone who is rightfully furious about this, I think you've been quite patient with these various players in trying to get this sorted out. Not sure I'd be.

Dick Taylor

Hearing that a second person has had the same problem, I'm even more nervous now. When we went in February, it was off-season, but going in May, Memorial Day weekend at that, I'm scared to death now. Part of me wants to make a backup reservation at another hotel just to be on the safe side. Am I being paranoid?

What I was told is that VRI released the rooms to the internet company and also sold the same rooms. At least that's Hotel Kingdom's story.

So, on what other sites should I post my story?? popcorn::

Sorry to hear you had the problems you're having.. that's always been a nightmare for me. I would post your story to planetfeedback.com. Pretty good site for complaints and compliments.

UPDATE! I spoke with a manager at VRI who is working to get me into Phase 1. At this point, we're booked for a 3BR for the price of a 2BR in phase 1, but it is near an area where some renovations are going on. He assures me that any noise will be minimal, and is still working to get me a better room, away from any possible noise. Ugh. I am so exhausted from all this fighting.

On a positive note, I got Buffett tickets this morning. Woohoo!

UPDATE! I spoke with a manager at VRI who is working to get me into Phase 1. At this point, we're booked for a 3BR for the price of a 2BR in phase 1, but it is near an area where some renovations are going on. He assures me that any noise will be minimal, and is still working to get me a better room, away from any possible noise. Ugh. I am so exhausted from all this fighting.

Glad to hear VRI is working with you. We own at a resort that VRI manages and VRI has a good reputation.

If you can get into the 3 bedroom for the same price as the 2, grab it. I wouldn't worry too much about the construction unless you plan to hang out in the unit a lot.

We stayed in a building at CP that was getting a new roof this past Nov and we never heard a thing as we were away at either the parks or the pool during the day and they stopped all noise by about 4 or 5pm so it was ok.;)

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this we have stayed with family who own for at CPGV for the past 12 years and then we booked ourselves this past Nov with hotelkingdom and didn't have any problems but this is ridiculous!

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you and your little ones!:thumbsup2

We leave to go back to Orlando one week today!!!!:cool1: :cool1:

I need to chip in here. THIS HAPPENED TO ME ON FRIDAY ALSO!!! We booked our 2 bedroom on OCT 4th. We are booked for Mar 31- Apr 7 I called back and they offered me a place at blue tree, but the thing is we booked my parents at CP in a 1 bedroom so now they are at CP and we are at blue tree. I spend LOTS of time picking the perfect resort, we even thought about Disney but we needed a 2 bedroom because we have a small child and we stayed on Universal property last year in 1 room and she wanted to get up every day at 4am so she needed her own room, for all of our sanity!!!! Anyways, I pick the resort very carefully, because for me that is part of the vacation and now he just wants to switch it on me, and leave my parents at the other resort.

Anyways, I don't think that Blue Tree looks any where near as nice as CP and tell him about my parents and that I want a 2 bedroom for them for my trouble and he LAUGHED AT ME!!! I tell him, wrongly I know, "dont laught at me you little idiot" and he tells me that he will just go ahead and cancel my reservations right there and I will be left with nothing and that his manager, the VP of the company, would back him up on his decision!!! WHAT? Are you kidding me? My kids have been looking forward to this for months, and I have taken leave.

I searched all day friday online and sat and finally found something better, but for double the price. GRRR!!!! I am still soooooo furious. After I get final confirmation from this new resort I am going to talk to the Boss at HK. Although I should not have called him a name, he is the CS and should definately not have laughed at me.

Disneymomto3 who did you speak to to get this new reservation? I need help here!!!

That's all really good news! Congratulations for getting this accomplished!

Take a look at this thread http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38916 about the progress on CP Phase I. The construction information and picture thread began in January. Look at post #29 on page 2 for the most recent assessment of the project.

Dick Taylor

I need to chip in here. THIS HAPPENED TO ME ON FRIDAY ALSO!!! We booked our 2 bedroom on OCT 4th. We are booked for Mar 31- Apr 7 I called back and they offered me a place at blue tree, but the thing is we booked my parents at CP in a 1 bedroom so now they are at CP and we are at blue tree. I spend LOTS of time picking the perfect resort, we even thought about Disney but we needed a 2 bedroom because we have a small child and we stayed on Universal property last year in 1 room and she wanted to get up every day at 4am so she needed her own room, for all of our sanity!!!! Anyways, I pick the resort very carefully, because for me that is part of the vacation and now he just wants to switch it on me, and leave my parents at the other resort.

Anyways, I don't think that Blue Tree looks any where near as nice as CP and tell him about my parents and that I want a 2 bedroom for them for my trouble and he LAUGHED AT ME!!! I tell him, wrongly I know, "dont laught at me you little idiot" and he tells me that he will just go ahead and cancel my reservations right there and I will be left with nothing and that his manager, the VP of the company, would back him up on his decision!!! WHAT? Are you kidding me? My kids have been looking forward to this for months, and I have taken leave.

I searched all day friday online and sat and finally found something better, but for double the price. GRRR!!!! I am still soooooo furious. After I get final confirmation from this new resort I am going to talk to the Boss at HK. Although I should not have called him a name, he is the CS and should definately not have laughed at me.

Disneymomto3 who did you speak to to get this new reservation? I need help here!!!

PM'ed you. Good luck. HK reps suck. See my PM about the witch I had to deal with.:rolleyes:

You know, it seems to me with as much tourism promotion that Florida does, there is probably some kind of 'over-seeing' board or something for the hotels and things. I wonder if complaining to these people would have any effect. Sometimes just throwing out the name of a governing board suddenly makes things happen. Does anyone know of an organization like that?:confused3

My sister in law was trying to recall the name of it-there is such a board, I'm told. I already filed with the BBB though, after the witch at Hotel Kingdom was so ugly yesterday.

Well I did call last night and our reservations were there (at the resort itself)
I will continue to cal everyother day till the day we go to be sure we are not bumped without notice!!! I will try to call HK today and see what they say. I did tell then I had heard that people were bumped at the last minute and wanted to be sure that was'nt going to happen and all they said is "well you are here in our system"? So I will keep you posted again we are to arrive on 4/18, and plase update me on what you all are going thru!
Thanks

Wow, I can't believe how horrid HK sounds, maybe there should be a permanent "sticky" with this info so that others are warned. I guess I love DVC even more now and Disney service.

Here is the website you can go to and large your complaint. It is not right what has happened and we as owners hold lic. and it can be revoked of that I am certain.

All persons and corporations should be held accountable for their actions. This should never happen it is totally unfair to unsuspecting families. Their confirmation information should hold and I would question is it a legal doc. Hope this helps you all to say your peice.

https://www.myfloridalicense.com/complaintwizard.asp?SID=&type=hnr

Thanks! I've laready complained to the BBB. I am satisfied with the offer that I ended up with so I will not place a complaint at this time, but others may. I hope newmommie gets some results.

I booked CPGV through hk in January....all this talk of overbooking scared me..called hk yesterday and they said it has never happened before and they were trying to get everyone rebooked ( !?) Just got off the phone with CPGV and I am in their system (4/11)..hope everyone makes out ok!!!!! We are staying at cpgv a few days before the Disney cruise and I talked five other familys into moving to cpgv from comfort suites..yikes..sure hope it doesn't come back to bite me!

Lori

I also booked a 2br at Cypress Pointe Grand Villas thru HK in January. We are leaving in 3 weeks and you are all making me nervous! I am taking my daughters and my best friend (and her 3 kids...their first trip) for Spring Break. I was also told that CPGV would not have my ressie until the day I was supposed to check-in. Do I need to call and see that they have it? It would really stink to drive 15 hours down there and not have anywhere to sleep! We booked because it was cheaper than on-site and we needed the room for the 6 of us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter