D23: The Ultimate Fan Event Details

Duckbug.Ducktales

Listening to the music to Fantasmic!
I know there are a couple of other D23 threads around, but I figured this one could have the details on the first post to make it easier for folks to find the info!

THREE DAYS OF DISNEY FAN FUN​

ALL DAY AT THE ANAHEIM CONVENTION CENTER
Panels & Presentations
Shopping & Merchandise Exclusives
Immersive Experiences

Schedule of tickets sale:
  • 3/26 at 12pm PT for D23 Gold Members​
  • 3/27 12pm PT for Disney Visa cardholders​
  • 3/28 12pm for D23 Members​
Honda Center evening events:
  • Fri, Aug 9 - Disney Entertainment Evening Showcase (Studios)​
  • Sat, Aug 10 - Disney Experiences Evening Showcase (Parks)​
  • Sun, Aug 11 - Disney Legends Evening Showcase (Legends ceremony)​
Ticket Prices:

1710875782182.png

Prices go up depending on seating position at the Honda Center: https://ultimatefanevent.d23.com/tickets

Then for those not interested in going to the Honda Center events, there are day passes for $89 ($79 for D23 Gold Members) and a 3-Day pass for $259 ($209 for Gold Members). This provides access to the show floor and panels at the Anaheim Convention Center

I'm planning on going still... now that there are some details I'm not sure I care about the "big" shows at the Honda center anyway which had me on the fence. I may only need the ticket that gets me into the Anaheim center... the Honda ones sound more like shows than annoucements/panels, no? Of course for ~$50 I may just get nosebleed seats in case I'm wrong. There is a confirmed shuttle now as well.

I'm planning on going still... now that there are some details I'm not sure I care about the "big" shows at the Honda center anyway which had me on the fence. I may only need the ticket that gets me into the Anaheim center... the Honda ones sound more like shows than annoucements/panels, no? Of course for ~$50 I may just get nosebleed seats in case I'm wrong. There is a confirmed shuttle now as well.
If it's like the big panels for the last 2 events, it will be the announcements. Friday night is probably the studio, animation, Star Wars, Marvel, and Fox. Saturday is probably the normal parks and experiences, aka parks, DVC, and DCL. Sunday is the Legends presentations. These are not like the history panels in the smaller rooms.

If it's like the big panels for the last 2 events, it will be the announcements. Friday night is probably the studio, animation, Star Wars, Marvel, and Fox. Saturday is probably the normal parks and experiences, aka parks, DVC, and DCL. Sunday is the Legends presentations. These are not like the history panels in the smaller rooms.
Yes, this is right. There's more info on the site that confirms as much:

Disney Entertainment Showcase
Friday, August 9 – 7:00 p.m.
Honda Center

Enjoy the magic of Disney Entertainment in a star-studded showcase featuring the best of Disney storytelling onstage and onscreen. Get an exclusive look at the movies, series, and shows fans love, and a glimpse into what to look forward to from Disney’s film studios, television and streaming services, live stage shows on Broadway, and beyond. Join some favorite stars as they give a peek behind the curtain at upcoming projects, never-before-seen footage and art, surprise announcements and special guests, musical performances, and exclusive new content coming to the big screen, to smaller screens, and to the stage… all from Disney Entertainment.

Disney Experiences Showcase
Saturday, August 10 – 7:00 p.m.
Honda Center

Join Disney Experiences Chairman Josh D’Amaro for a special showcase featuring the latest on new and highly anticipated projects in development around the world for Disney Parks, experiences, and beyond. With global announcements, special surprises, and showstopping performances, this will be a show that the biggest Disney fans won’t want to miss.

I think it's good that they're doing the big announcement-type panels at the Honda Center so everyone can attend. Now the lines will be for the shuttles rather than for waiting overnight to get into these panels, lol

I don't know how much I want to spend on seats at the Honda Center, though. I mostly like to go for whatever musical performances they do during these (two years ago they performed Happily Ever After and Wondrous Journeys at the parks presentation, for instance)... hmm

Has anyone taken a SPI/running belt to the Honda Center? Trying to find something I own that’s small enough to hold a few necessities. I might have to put stuff in my bra🤣

Yes, this is right. There's more info on the site that confirms as much:

Disney Entertainment Showcase
Friday, August 9 – 7:00 p.m.
Honda Center

Enjoy the magic of Disney Entertainment in a star-studded showcase featuring the best of Disney storytelling onstage and onscreen. Get an exclusive look at the movies, series, and shows fans love, and a glimpse into what to look forward to from Disney’s film studios, television and streaming services, live stage shows on Broadway, and beyond. Join some favorite stars as they give a peek behind the curtain at upcoming projects, never-before-seen footage and art, surprise announcements and special guests, musical performances, and exclusive new content coming to the big screen, to smaller screens, and to the stage… all from Disney Entertainment.

Disney Experiences Showcase
Saturday, August 10 – 7:00 p.m.
Honda Center

Join Disney Experiences Chairman Josh D’Amaro for a special showcase featuring the latest on new and highly anticipated projects in development around the world for Disney Parks, experiences, and beyond. With global announcements, special surprises, and showstopping performances, this will be a show that the biggest Disney fans won’t want to miss.

Where is this held. Just trying to work out what time this will be in the uk

I wish they had a base ticket and you can add one panel. Now I have to book separate tickets for Friday and Saturday because I just want to do the parks panel

I think it's good that they're doing the big announcement-type panels at the Honda Center so everyone can attend. Now the lines will be for the shuttles rather than for waiting overnight to get into these panels, lol

I don't know how much I want to spend on seats at the Honda Center, though. I mostly like to go for whatever musical performances they do during these (two years ago they performed Happily Ever After and Wondrous Journeys at the parks presentation, for instance)... hmm
I can't justify paying more for a closer seat. I just want to be there for the announcements

I wish they had a base ticket and you can add one panel. Now I have to book separate tickets for Friday and Saturday because I just want to do the parks panel
Yeah, so that would save you a little bit. Like $40

I've never gone to the legends ceremony, don't know if it's fun or if it's just a parade of speeches (which doesn't sound fun). But doing Sunday as just a day ticket only saves $20, so maybe I should just buy the 3 day in case we decide to go to that.

I wish I knew whether there will be other panels at the convention center that would interest me more during the Legends ceremony

I wasn’t planning on going… and then Rohde-legend announcement got my head spinning!!

Still looking hotels/flights to see if I can make it… but now wondering how bad/mad the virtual queue for getting tickets will be!!

Question… getting the 3 days pass (ultimate fan pass) will give access to the Convention + Honda with secured seats? (I dont want to line up at 4am or earlier for any panel)… or that will be the “preferred pass” only?
Or either way lines for panels are needed?

Thanks!

I've never gone to the legends ceremony, don't know if it's fun or if it's just a parade of speeches (which doesn't sound fun). But doing Sunday as just a day ticket only saves $20, so maybe I should just buy the 3 day in case we decide to go to that.

I wish I knew whether there will be other panels at the convention center that would interest me more during the Legends ceremony
If you can find the twitter threads from the media event yesterday there were some slides that showed highlights of what was going to be mixed on the stages at the convention center. I think there are going to be either 4 or 5 stages and the arena is coming back as a stage (Walt's plane was on display in there for the 2022 expo).

The legends ceremony is mostly speeches. they usually show a video package for each recipient and then they come out and make a short speech to accept their award. here is video from last time:

I wasn’t planning on going… and then Rohde-legend announcement got my head spinning!!

Still looking hotels/flights to see if I can make it… but now wondering how bad/mad the virtual queue for getting tickets will be!!

Question… getting the 3 days pass (ultimate fan pass) will give access to the Convention + Honda with secured seats? (I dont want to line up at 4am or earlier for any panel)… or that will be the “preferred pass” only?
Yes, every ticket that includes the Honda center is a guaranteed seat at the Honda center and it's priced like concert pricing.

Edit: they are also not going to allow overnight camping. they've said that in years past, but I think they are likely to enforce it this time around since the overnight camping in the past was primarily related to the morning panels in the Hall D23 which are now what will be at the Honda Center in the evenings. The amount of people that would wait in the basement for shopping was usually a fraction of the lines that were there for the hall.

Has anyone taken a SPI/running belt to the Honda Center? Trying to find something I own that’s small enough to hold a few necessities. I might have to put stuff in my bra🤣
I haven't, the last time I went to a sports arena with a true no bag policy I shoved everything in the front pocket of my hoodie. but I did buy a clear bag within these guidelines for some baseball games I'll be going to this summer. I'm just glad that if I do end up buying tickets this year I have a room at one of the hotels on the convention center plot again so that I could quickly run my backpack and any purchase back to the room before getting on the shuttle.

I don’t think there will be any true conflicts. The ACC stuff will finish by 7pm or earlier, when the Honda stuff starts. Usually there are not many late panels, and they might be less popular.

Does anyone know if you could book tickets for d23 with gift cards?

No. It’s an outside company, not Disney.

I haven't, the last time I went to a sports arena with a true no bag policy I shoved everything in the front pocket of my hoodie. but I did buy a clear bag within these guidelines for some baseball games I'll be going to this summer. I'm just glad that if I do end up buying tickets this year I have a room at one of the hotels on the convention center plot again so that I could quickly run my backpack and any purchase back to the room before getting on the shuttle.

Unfortunately, Honda doesn’t even have an exemption for clear bags. Also, I don’t know if we would find out that our bags are not allowed before boarding the bus or not until we are at the Honda Center. I am hoping that D23 can negotiate less stringent rules, since they are renting it out.

I don’t think there will be any true conflicts. The ACC stuff will finish by 7pm or earlier, when the Honda stuff starts. Usually there are not many late panels, and they might be less popular.

No. It’s an outside company, not Disney.

Unfortunately, Honda doesn’t even have an exemption for clear bags. Also, I don’t know if we would find out that our bags are not allowed before boarding the bus or not until we are at the Honda Center. I am hoping that D23 can negotiate less stringent rules, since they are renting it out.
I bought a bag that fits in the 5x9x2 guideline since I’ll be doing to baseball game at park that only allows 5x9x1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter