Danielle & Chris: 11-11-11 WP/ADH/DP Wedding PJ/TR - Complete *(1 Year Anniversary)

Gorgeous pics at the parks :love: I love how they made the castle look like a ginger bread house, AWESOME :thumbsup2 I wanna go back for x-mas now :rolleyes1

Hi, hun!
I plan on updating soon -- I've been trying to fill out a really detailed "Glad I Did/Wish I Did" list, because I know those are helpful to others and I wanna post in order, because I'm crazy, hahaha.

Thank you for the compliments on my photos! That's so sweet. I'm also extremely happy that you have found my PJ helpful! That's why I am so dedicated with my posts and directory. I don't mind at all--copy away! :goodvibes

I don't think I could ever leave the DISboards...I'm addicted! Even though my wedding TR is about to end, I have started a honeymoon PTR that you can follow along with--The link is in my signature!

My MVMCP post will be up by Friday! :thumbsup2

:rotfl: you're just like me, I have to do things in order too or I go crazy!! Looking forward to your Glad I Did/Wish I Did list, I love reading those. They are so helpful to us planning brides.

Yay!! :yay: The MVMCP pics are awesome, but the story along with it makes it even better. I've been to the MVMCP a few times and I love it, no waits, special stuff, it's wonderful! It's so awesome how the cast members gave you and Chris so much attention, that's so cool! Disney VIP is the best you could ask for, right!

And you got to see Phineas and Ferb, I'm jealous, the line is always too long at HS!! Maybe I'll catch them next time! :goodvibes

I guess I need to start reading the honeymoon PTR now, you must be getting so excited!! :banana:

*first off I love your shirts. This is making me want to get a least a couple of matching shirts for greg and I
*I am so glad you loved MVMCP. I have not been but when I was there at christmas I got to see the fake snow and the cool christmas show on the castle. I still think I like MNSSHP and what they do with the castle better though
*I have never ridden tomorrowland speedway but I think we will this time around
*I love Stitch but I can not stand the ride. I think it is really lame and I think they need to a major refurb and change it something else entirely
*Hooray for cookies and hot chocolate!
*so glad you got to meet phineas and ferb I do not really watch the show so I don't really have a desire to meet them but I am so happy for you!

Ok well that is it for now

Keep it coming
Teresa

I've fallen behind on your PJ, now I need to catch up!

* You're drinking around the world group looks like it was so much fun! Haha so many great pictures.
* I love the guy vs. girls pictures on the Nemo ride!
* I went to Biergarten once when I was young but I don't really remember it. Your pictures make it look really awesome though!
* The sky does look pretty spectacular in your pictures! Especially the ones down by the water, they are just stunning!
* The tea cup pictures are so cute. And I LOVE the Tangled ones, what a gorgeous spot for pictures! You both look so beautiful!
* Your Epcot pics are great too. I love that you went to Norway! And your Italy and France shots in particular are awesome.
* Joe sounds like he was really nice - how sweet to let you check out his camera!
* If you and Deena and your DH's are selling your souls to the mouse I want to join too! Let's see... I have an education background so I could probably do something fun in Animal Kingdom. Or I've done theatre, I would love to be in the Beauty and the Beast stage show! :rotfl:
* The Christmas party looks fun! I love that you didn't have to wait for the rides too long.
* Danielle - you have pretty much described my feelings on the Stitch ride. I went on it for the first time when I was 18, and was in actual tears by the end of it because I was so scared. I know everyone says it's lame compared to Alien Encounter, but it still freaked me out that it was so dark and you didn't know what was coming! So creepy! I will never, ever do that again.

•Thanks for catching up, Becky!
•I will totally sell my soul to the Mouse...I just have to figure out what skills I can bring. :rotfl: I'd really love to do photography there...

I HATE stitch. HATE HATE HATE IT!

I think your wedding plans are quite lovely, though.

•NEVER again. :sad1:

Danielle,

Your Epcot photos are fabulous!!! You have given me a lot of inspiraton for my shoot (and a lot of other stuff :rotfl:) You and Chris look so happy in them.

Glad you had a great time at MVMCP. We went in 2006 and it started to pour while we were having dinner. Maybe we will give it another chance this year.
The announcement at the parade was very sweet! How cool was that!

Can't wait for the next installment.

•I'm glad I am inspiring so many brides--It makes me feel so good.
•I think you should try MVMCP again--I thought it was super fun!

Yay!! More of your trip is up. You two are just too cute.

Aww, thanks!!! :hug:

Okay first:

YAY YOU UPDATED! I missed you.

Second: You had never been on PPF?!? That was my favorite ride when I was a little girl. Favorite. Because... I couldn't figure out how they made it feel like you were really flying. :lmao: I'm glad you did it though!

I loooove your sign on the back of your car. So cute!

YAY PHINEAS AND FERB!!!

Please still be friends with me when I tell you that I don't like the MMY show. :(

Also... PONIES! Wow. I had lots of caps and exclamation points in this response. I think I need some sleep.

•Lol! I'm baaaaccckkk!
•I know, I'm a terrible DISer. There are still plenty of things I haven't done. I've almost tried everything in MK (still missing about 5 things though...). Don't even get me started on the other parks. :laughing: I've only been to AK two times and HS three times, so I need to play catch up!

Gorgeous pics at the parks :love: I love how they made the castle look like a ginger bread house, AWESOME :thumbsup2 I wanna go back for x-mas now :rolleyes1

•Thanks! You should go back for Christmas!! It's the most amazing thing!

:rotfl: you're just like me, I have to do things in order too or I go crazy!! Looking forward to your Glad I Did/Wish I Did list, I love reading those. They are so helpful to us planning brides.

Yay!! :yay: The MVMCP pics are awesome, but the story along with it makes it even better. I've been to the MVMCP a few times and I love it, no waits, special stuff, it's wonderful! It's so awesome how the cast members gave you and Chris so much attention, that's so cool! Disney VIP is the best you could ask for, right!

And you got to see Phineas and Ferb, I'm jealous, the line is always too long at HS!! Maybe I'll catch them next time! :goodvibes

I guess I need to start reading the honeymoon PTR now, you must be getting so excited!! :banana:

•Thank you--It was an awesome experience. It was also our first full day alone as husband and wife, so being in the MK and getting all that attention was pretty special.
•I am getting so excited! Only 58 more days! :goodvibes

*first off I love your shirts. This is making me want to get a least a couple of matching shirts for greg and I
*I am so glad you loved MVMCP. I have not been but when I was there at christmas I got to see the fake snow and the cool christmas show on the castle. I still think I like MNSSHP and what they do with the castle better though
*I have never ridden tomorrowland speedway but I think we will this time around
*I love Stitch but I can not stand the ride. I think it is really lame and I think they need to a major refurb and change it something else entirely
*Hooray for cookies and hot chocolate!
*so glad you got to meet phineas and ferb I do not really watch the show so I don't really have a desire to meet them but I am so happy for you!

Ok well that is it for now

Keep it coming
Teresa

•You should totally get some shirts! Everyone always asks why I always make a fuss about what I wear into the parks, but honestly, I'm going to end up being in pictures so I better look nice! :laughing:
•I have heard Halloween is the best--One day I will attend!
•I ended up watching all the episodes on Netflix and love the characters. That was a huge highlight for me! :thumbsup2

11/14/2011
Departure

We both woke up fairly early, however, I wasn't feeling too well. I could sense some sinus pressure and a little bit of a sore throat. :( Chris got ready and went to hunt down some Mickey mac (we always get some to take home) and they didn't have any at the Grand Floridian. I stayed back in the room to finish packing. I called bellhop and they took some of our wedding stuff down and my father swung by later in the day to pick that stuff up.

Chris had returned with a cute surprise for the two of us--Tonga Toast breakfast in bed!

DSC06170.jpg

He had taken the monorail over to the Contemporary, where they were also out of Mickey mac, so he rode around to the Polynesian and found a couple of bags. He had popped into Captain Cooks and gotten Tonga Toast to go and walked back from the Poly to our room. Our Dole Whips were a little melted after the walk, but it was so sweet of him.

We finished our breakfast, condensed more of our wedding trash that was going to be taken away (scraps of our cake and my bouquet :( ), and then we said goodbye to our room and went to the lobby to checkout.

We sat down in the lobby and waited until our Magical Express pick-up time. I noticed that the gingerbread house was finally complete, so I took some pictures!

DSC06172.jpg

DSC06173.jpg

We witnessed another wedding party getting pictures taken in the lobby. The bride looked beautiful. Then Chris spotted our engagement photographers, David & Vicki Arndt! I snuck up, making sure I didn't bother the bride on her day, but I dropped in really fast to say hello and hug them. They were excited to see us too and as they were leaving to follow the bride, Vicki snapped this picture of us.

dvus.jpg

After a stroll through the gift shop, we went outside, caught our Magical Express bus, and headed back to the airport. I got teary-eyed on the ride back as the video played. It was all over in a flash, but it had been such a wonderful and magical trip.

We are still living our happily ever after--celebrating 4 months of marriage earlier this month. :lovestruc

•••

I still have a couple of more posts to write in this trip report (I am still writing a pretty detailed "Wish I had/Glad I did" list) so I don't plan on disappearing completely! I have also started our honeymoon PTR if anyone wants to follow along with that - the link is in my signature. And for anyone that happens to stumble on this, please feel free to reach out and ask me anything! I'd love to help you with any wedding questions you may have. :wizard:

I also want to give a special thank you to all the Disney brides and grooms that have followed along and given me feedback, prayers, pixie dust, and loving comments throughout this wedding journey. :hug: I honestly don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found these boards. I've formed some beautiful friendships with you all and I am still excited to keep following along with all of your journeys!

THE END :bride: :groom:

Awww I got teary eyed just reading that it was over. I could almost feel the emotion as you described saying goodbye to your room and waiting to go home. You plan it for so long and it's over in a flash! :sad1:

But now you have a honeymoon to look forward to so that's good. I'm looking forward to your wish I did/didn't list as well. I know how detailed you are so I know it will be great help. Until then...:goodvibes

Aww, I'm sad that it's coming to an end! (Though I've been remiss in commenting lately, despite reading whenever you've updated) You definitely have me wanting to go to MVMCP. I love Disney at Christmas to begin with... plus, Doug's never been at Christmastime. Time to start saving! :laughing:

I look forward to reading the 'glad/wish' list and the eventually honeymoon TR! :goodvibes

My goodness, hon, your wedding was BEAUTIFUL, you are BEAUTIFUL, your day looked perfect and your new hubby is sooooo sweet. (Love the french toast surprise.)
I really enjoyed your TR. Your pictures are so great, but I'm sad it's almost over!
I can't wait to read your "wish I did, glad I did" list!

I'm so sad your TR is over. <3 <3 I loved reading it, and I love YOU! Your wedding was beautiful, and you two are just so gosh darn adorable. I can't wait to see you in two months!!!!

Wow, absolutely loved your TR! Loved all the details of your wedding. It looked like such a magical time. Loved all your Magic Kingdom and Epcot photos as well. So pretty! Congrats again. :goodvibes

May I ask what Mickey mac is???

Oh my sweet gorgeous Danielle!!!!
I can hardly believe it is over (the TR I mean - not us :lmao:).
I have so enjoyed following your incredible journey through all the planning to you magical wedding and glorious Disneymoon.
You are a beautiful person and you and Chris certainly have something special!! Happy 4 month anniversary and many more sweetie!!!
Much love
Joanne
xxxxxx

Awww I got teary eyed just reading that it was over. I could almost feel the emotion as you described saying goodbye to your room and waiting to go home. You plan it for so long and it's over in a flash! :sad1:

But now you have a honeymoon to look forward to so that's good. I'm looking forward to your wish I did/didn't list as well. I know how detailed you are so I know it will be great help. Until then...:goodvibes

•I know! I think I'm handling the post-wedding blues pretty well too. I still can't believe it went by so quickly. If I didn't have the honeymoon spread out, I would have been a mess. Thanks for following along!

Aww, I'm sad that it's coming to an end! (Though I've been remiss in commenting lately, despite reading whenever you've updated) You definitely have me wanting to go to MVMCP. I love Disney at Christmas to begin with... plus, Doug's never been at Christmastime. Time to start saving! :laughing:

I look forward to reading the 'glad/wish' list and the eventually honeymoon TR! :goodvibes

•I hope you can go to MVMCP very soon--It's so fun!
•Thanks for following along!

My goodness, hon, your wedding was BEAUTIFUL, you are BEAUTIFUL, your day looked perfect and your new hubby is sooooo sweet. (Love the french toast surprise.)
I really enjoyed your TR. Your pictures are so great, but I'm sad it's almost over!
I can't wait to read your "wish I did, glad I did" list!

•Awww, thank you so much! Your comment is so sweet.

I'm so sad your TR is over. <3 <3 I loved reading it, and I love YOU! Your wedding was beautiful, and you two are just so gosh darn adorable. I can't wait to see you in two months!!!!

•I love you too!!! 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, absolutely loved your TR! Loved all the details of your wedding. It looked like such a magical time. Loved all your Magic Kingdom and Epcot photos as well. So pretty! Congrats again. :goodvibes

May I ask what Mickey mac is???

•Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed the TR.
•Mickey mac is the pre-packaged Mickey-roni and cheese. It's inspired by Chef Mickey's and has noodles in the shape of Mickey's head.

Oh my sweet gorgeous Danielle!!!!
I can hardly believe it is over (the TR I mean - not us :lmao:).
I have so enjoyed following your incredible journey through all the planning to you magical wedding and glorious Disneymoon.
You are a beautiful person and you and Chris certainly have something special!! Happy 4 month anniversary and many more sweetie!!!
Much love
Joanne
xxxxxx

•Thank you so much, Joanne! I'm so happy you were able to follow along on my journey. It meant so much to me when you would comment and leave incredibly kind words. Thanks again! Much love back!!! :hug:

After catching up with all of the big events, I'm sad to see it over too! It is obvious that you had the best day of your life and everything turned out beautifully! :lovestruc

And your night in shining armor! Going all over the place for your Mickey Mac! So sweet. Congrats to you both!

I'm so sad it's over, but I have loved following along and I will definitely stick around to hear all about your Disneymoon! The Tonga toast and Dole whips look so yummy! Chris is so sweet!

Chris is so sweet to go hunting for Mickey mac and to bring you Tonga Toast! It looks delicious!

And I'm sad the wedding report is over. But I'm definitely going over to check out your honeymoon PTR!

After catching up with all of the big events, I'm sad to see it over too! It is obvious that you had the best day of your life and everything turned out beautifully! :lovestruc

And your night in shining armor! Going all over the place for your Mickey Mac! So sweet. Congrats to you both!

Thank you so much, Sarah!

I'm so sad it's over, but I have loved following along and I will definitely stick around to hear all about your Disneymoon! The Tonga toast and Dole whips look so yummy! Chris is so sweet!

Thanks for reading along, Catherine! I'm glad you were here with me! :hug:

Chris is so sweet to go hunting for Mickey mac and to bring you Tonga Toast! It looks delicious!

And I'm sad the wedding report is over. But I'm definitely going over to check out your honeymoon PTR!

Yayyy! Thanks, Becky! :goodvibes

There's still a few things I want to eventually add to the list, but for the meantime, here's what I promised all of you!

Glad I Did - Planning Stages:
•Tried on wedding dresses without my mother - I needed to find my vision for myself before bringing my mother in for advice. Once I found the dress I loved, I included her and she agreed it was 'the one'!

•Went to the dermatologist - I wanted my skin to look clear and healthy for my wedding pictures. I was beginning to feel self-conscious because I suffered from acne on my face and my back. I went to the doctor three months prior to our date and was put on oral medications and two topical meds. Surprisingly, the medications cleared up all of my problem areas and I felt beautiful and confident on my wedding day. If any of you need some sort of solution for anything, talking to your doctor may help!

•Took engagement photos - We took engagement photos, (with David and Vicki Arndt - Full review: HERE.) almost 2 years after we got engaged. I felt a little weird doing it, but I love looking back at the pictures and I really enjoyed making our guest book with them.

•Had an in-person planning session and menu tasting - If you can afford to make the trek to Disney before your wedding to plan, DO IT. It was better than I could have imagined. Meeting everyone that is going to be involved with your wedding is incredible and hashing out all the details makes you feel more at ease.

•Had Chris and both of our mothers at the planning session - Even though I picked out most of the wedding details it was fun having our mothers involved. I think it made them feel like VIPs.

•Got our marriage license by mail - Easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy. We didn't have to sacrifice any of our wedding trip by going off property.

Glad I Did - Wedding:
•A Disney Wedding - I know it's hard to believe, but our day was perfect. Scratch that, our whole week was perfect. You can read more about my Disney Fairy Tale Wedding experience HERE.

•Stayed at the Grand Floridian - We were originally planning on staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, then we changed to a split stay between Caribbean Beach and the Grand Floridian, finally we decided just on the Grand Floridian. In the end, this turned out to be the best decision. We didn't have to lug around a bunch of wedding stuff from room to room or travel a whole lot from destination to destination. Convenience and beauty - the Grand Floridian exceeded my expectations.

•Had the wedding rehearsal in a ballroom - I loved keeping the Wedding Pavilion a surprise for our guests until the day of the wedding.

•Had photography coverage at our rehearsal luncheon - We got photos with guests that we didn't really get to see on wedding day, so these extra photos are very special to us.

•Parents got a rental van - We didn't use it much for ourselves, but it sure was handy when my father went to pick up all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen on wedding day and transported them where they needed to go.

•Asked for extra space to get ready in with my girls - I waited until two weeks before the wedding to ask my planner if there was any space in the Grand Floridian Convention Center to use as a dressing room. We were able to have a room at no additional charge, since it had not been booked. It was really helpful having a large room to get ready in.

•Used Beaute Speciale - They are amazing girls with unbelievable talent. You can read my full vendor review about them: HERE.

•A First Look - If I had waited to see Chris for the first time as I was walking down the aisle, I think I would have passed out from nerves. Seeing Chris early on in the day made me more relaxed and I think it gave us more time to enjoy the day together.

•Had 2 BMs and 2MOHs / Large bridal party - I split the role of Best Man and Maid of Honor in half and had two of each. I chose our two best friends from college to stand closest to us at the ceremony to witness our unity, since they have known us longest as a couple. Our best friends from home have known us forever and best individually, so they sat next to us at the reception and also delivered the speeches. Then the rest of our closest friends and family surrounded us all and made our wedding party so much fun. It was challenging and expensive, but I wouldn't have changed for anything.

•Used Reverend Tim Herring - He was a wonderful officiant. You can read my vendor review about him: HERE.

•Live Ceremony Webcast - We had gone into planning a destination wedding knowing that some family members could not attend do to health reasons. We added on the live broadcast to our video package so these members could watch. We were happy knowing that they could still be included in our special day.

•Had Mickey and Minnie Mouse - I tried to keep the Disney touches to a minimum in our wedding, since I still wanted a traditional and elegant affair, however I had to have Mickey and Minnie join in the festivities! I knew that many of our guests wouldn't be able to venture into the parks, so being able to have M&M show up and surprise everyone was a blast.

Wish I Had:
•An engagement party - It would have been nice to arrange this so my side of the family could have met Chris before the wedding itself.

•Picked a different Moderate resort for our wedding guests - Caribbean Beach turned out to be more of a pain than paradise. It is far too large and our guests were even late to some of our events due to bus madness.

•The rehearsal lunch held at a different venue - I had no control over this since this was hosted by my in-law, however I secretively wish we could have held this event at another location that had more of a Disney vibe.

•Had my hair done up for the rehearsal - It would have been nice to have a fun hairdo for the rehearsal, especially since we had professional photos taken and my hair looks pretty frizzy in them.

•Flat shoes - Don't get me wrong, I loved my wedding shoes--They look super pretty in the photographs, however, I NEVER wear heels. I was very uncomfortable every time I had to walk in them.

•Make a more detailed must-have photo list - I never had any photos taken with my girls individually, which makes me kinda bummed. I would have also liked a few more photos of our reception venue done up and the food stations.

•Sacrificed dinner time to make rounds to all guests - I still feel so bad about this. We only made it about 1/4th of the way around the room once dinner ended. There were some guests that we never said hello to that night.

•Utilized the stage in Atlantic Dance Hall - If I had some more money lying around I would have had a video projection screen put up to go with the music or add extra fun props to the stage. The curtain really bugs me.

•Had videography coverage through the rest of the reception and dessert party - I ended up loving our wedding video more than I ever thought I would. It's fun to relive the magic and see things that I completely missed. Our video coverage ended one hour before our reception had ended, so it feels really incomplete when our video just trails off.

•Picked better desserts for the dessert party - I was so focused on our dinner menu that I just picked one of the pre-set dessert menus. The desserts were just alright.

Glad I Didn't:
•Have Cinderella's Coach - One of the things I let Chris have a say in was transportation. He picked the Rolls Royce which made him happy, but also complimented our subtle 1920's theme we had going on.

•Have a cake topper - The other thing that Chris did for the wedding was design our wedding cake. I'm glad we decided not to include a cake topper because I think it would have ruined his design.

Wish I Didn't
•Attempt to make welcome bags - We only had two treats and an info packet, so I felt it was a little tacky giving our guests such empty bags. It just wasn't in the budget for me. I wish I had scrapped it early on, but I had to get the bus schedule out to our guests somehow.

Neutral
•Have a dessert party - I loved that we got to keep the party going on longer, however, part of me wishes we had hosted the dessert party on another night. Many of our guests were too cold, tired, and/or drunk to enjoy some aspects of this event. And my out of all my pictures, these ones are my least favorite. They're not bad, but I don't see myself blowing one up to display anytime soon.

Chris' List (YES! I got the hubby to sit down and give me feedback on the wedding!):

Glad I Did:
Informal bachelor dinner at T-Rex
Glad we planned a meet & greet event
Glad we had 'drinking around the world' after the wedding to unwind
Chocolate-colored Suits
Magic Kingdom / Epcot shoot

Wish I Had:
More decor
Wish we had planned another event with our guests
Gone to the Magic Kingdom instead of Epcot with our guests

Wish I Didn't:
Wear the shoes from Men's Warehouse
Take fireworks pictures

Is this the second-to-last post? I’ll bet it is. I am so sad!

-Your skin looked amazing on your wedding day. I never would have known you struggled with acne!
-I agree. I still think about my menu tasting. It just makes you feel so pampered.
-I’m glad you had a Disney wedding too!
-And I agree with all of your glads. Yayyy.
-If it makes you feel any better, bus craziness happens at all of the resorts. Stupid busses.
-And I’m actually really glad you said that about the DP. I thought I was the only one!
-WOAH YOU GOT A GROOM TO CHIME IN!!! You must be magical.

Such an awesome TR!! Thank you so so much!!

I really loved your Glad I Did/Wish I Did post! So happy for you, MRS!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter