DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

What do you mean shuttles? If the parks are open earlier, then the transportation from the resorts start earlier.
The parks were opening earlier but before official opening hour. This has seemingly now changed and opening is at stated time, just they start letting people through the turnstiles a while earlier but not being able to get a boarding group until the stated opening time.

Having experienced the mass last Saturday in the rain at 530am....it is a bit a daunting even for the fit. Those is DAS it's going to be a challenge to do it, but doable as most folk are cordial and though masses, people were respectful and even helpful despite the rain and morning sand in their eyes.

Having that 30 minutes to enter and prep really makes a difference in the feel and urgency to get into the park for the initial surge.

That said, many DAS riders will simply be unable to make this journey. One solution I did see happen. CM have the ability to add VG holders to another group. So if the DAS holder comes in a little later after the masses, they maybe able to join an earlier group when appealing to guest services. I wouldn't count on it, but it maybe worth a shot for those DAS holders who really have no ability to do the early am mass run.

Couple questions I have is in regards to return time. A das return is good all day once initiated for all rides .....what about ROTR? If a group is unable to get to the queue during the assigned boarding time will there be exceptions made if said group has a das holder?

Couple questions I have is in regards to return time. A das return is good all day once initiated for all rides .....what about ROTR? If a group is unable to get to the queue during the assigned boarding time will there be exceptions made if said group has a das holder?
No since a none DAS guest can not get a boarding group you can not get a return time. It is just as when they closed FOP before the park closed ( when the line was a few hour long ) you were not able to get a DAS return return time then.
If you have concerns about the DAS holder being there I would talk to someone in GR about your needs/ concerns and see if they can help you come up with something

With ROR you boarding group, acts as the DAS (at least that's the way it was a couple of weeks ago). You just go when your boarding group is called, and then ask for DAS after going through the first check point. They will send you up the fast pass line instead of giving you another return time.

RotR return time windows are quite largealready. They are also fairly consistent so when you get your boarding group number you will have a good idea when you will be called. These times are posted by fans and many CMs know too. Most DAS holders should be able to plan their day accordingly around that time window like every other guest. Riding RotR right now means basically not scheduling anything else that day and planning only after getting a time.

Here now so FYI. Yesterday my son and grandson got to the park at 6:30. Disney waits until EXACTLY the official park opening time to start assigning boards. They managed to get group 19 (lucky ducks). At Fantasmic last night we spoke to someone who’s grandkids were in the 80 range and they never could ride because it kept breaking down. (Unlucky ducks). I’m not sure how Disney handled it but as of Fantasmic they still hadn’t gotten to ride.

We are heading to Disney sunday and my wife and I have just about given up on the possibility of riding ROR with our son. It is not realistic for him to wait outside the park in large crowds without freaking out till it opens in the hopes we get a boarding pass. Such is life I guess.

We are heading to Disney sunday and my wife and I have just about given up on the possibility of riding ROR with our son. It is not realistic for him to wait outside the park in large crowds without freaking out till it opens in the hopes we get a boarding pass. Such is life I guess.
I would email Disney and exsplain your concerns on why you do not think it will be possible for him to do this and ask them if they have any suggestions for you They are letting people in the park 30 ish minutes early and you cannot get a boarding group untill the park opens anyway.

I would email Disney and exsplain your concerns on why you do not think it will be possible for him to do this and ask them if they have any suggestions for you They are letting people in the park 30 ish minutes early and you cannot get a boarding group untill the park opens anyway.
I called the Disability services people today and spoke to a castmember and their manager and they both told me there were no options other then waiting in the morning and trying to get one. I even asked if just i could go and get the boarding passes and they said no everyone has to be there. Maybe when we get there Sunday i can talk to someone at the park in person and see what they have to say but if we dont get on we dont get on. It stinks but its not the end of the world.

I just can’t do it either, but I guess I’ll have to wait until the ride is older and maybe then DAS can allow me to ride it. Or a FP or something. It sounds like it’s. great ride!

You could wait on the edge of the crowd, and angle for one of the outside security lines? then head to an outside edge ticket line. Or have just one person go through bag check, and everyone else go through the bag free line. Travel light that morning and it could be doable?
I called the Disability services people today and spoke to a castmember and their manager and they both told me there were no options other then waiting in the morning and trying to get one. I even asked if just i could go and get the boarding passes and they said no everyone has to be there. Maybe when we get there Sunday i can talk to someone at the park in person and see what they have to say but if we dont get on we dont get on. It stinks but its not the end of the world.

Just noticed you re the same poster I quoted above - wanted to say that the ride has been having issues lately anyways, and some guests are saying they are skipping parts of the attraction. Might be best not to even attempt at the moment until the bugs are ironed out and the crowds diminish a bit, or wit until FP is enabled so DAS would work? That is, of course, if you can return to WDW. Some people don't have that option, I know.

I just can’t do it either, but I guess I’ll have to wait until the ride is older and maybe then DAS can allow me to ride it. Or a FP or something. It sounds like it’s. great ride!

Good idea, especially since the attraction is having issues.

You could wait on the edge of the crowd, and angle for one of the outside security lines? then head to an outside edge ticket line. Or have just one person go through bag check, and everyone else go through the bag free line. Travel light that morning and it could be doable?

Just noticed you re the same poster I quoted above - wanted to say that the ride has been having issues lately anyways, and some guests are saying they are skipping parts of the attraction. Might be best not to even attempt at the moment until the bugs are ironed out and the crowds diminish a bit, or wit until FP is enabled so DAS would work? That is, of course, if you can return to WDW. Some people don't have that option, I know.

Good idea, especially since the attraction is having issues.

We are there frequently so we should have plenty of opportunities in the future. My big concern is, is this going to the process going forward for every new ride and we are going to have to wait a year or two every time a ride opens before he can ride it.

We are there frequently so we should have plenty of opportunities in the future. My big concern is, is this going to the process going forward for every new ride and we are going to have to wait a year or two every time a ride opens before he can ride it.

I don't think so - this was a big one for WDW, way more than Pandora, KWIM? The next additions aren't that huge in the real world compared to Star Wars. Tron coaster, Guardians, etc, are going to be awesome, but the fan bases behind them aren't anywhere near the Star Wars size. Non-Disney fans are going to Disney because of Star Wars. It was a smart move, just like Harry Potter got non Universal fans (like my family) to go there. But we don't rush to Universal for other stuff they do.

The more I read about this whole process, the more I get nervous. If it was up to me, I would skip this ride altogether, and just wait until I got home to DL to ride it, since I know that park very well. For this trip, we only have one HS day, are new and don't know the layout as well. Having to get there at 4am just to wait and get into a BG (which isn't guaranteed), is going to take a toll on me by the time 12pm hits. I would just feel bad to make my friend miss it, who doesn't have a pass to any disney park at all (and who loves Star Wars).

The more I read about this whole process, the more I get nervous. If it was up to me, I would skip this ride altogether, and just wait until I got home to DL to ride it, since I know that park very well. For this trip, we only have one HS day, are new and don't know the layout as well. Having to get there at 4am just to wait and get into a BG (which isn't guaranteed), is going to take a toll on me by the time 12pm hits. I would just feel bad to make my friend miss it, who doesn't have a pass to any disney park at all (and who loves Star Wars).
What time does the park open on your day there? You don’t have to be there at 4am - just through security and inside the park by opening. But still stressful, I know. DHS will probably open at 7am when we’re there and we plan on leaving the Swan sometime between 5:30-6:00 to walk over, unless things change before our March trip.

What time does the park open on your day there? You don’t have to be there at 4am - just through security and inside the park by opening. But still stressful, I know. DHS will probably open at 7am when we’re there and we plan on leaving the Swan sometime between 5:30-6:00 to walk over, unless things change before our March trip.
It opens at 7. We are staying at CS. If we do try and get up, we will take an Uber or Lyft to not have to deal with the buses. In my head, I was thinking getting there super early to not be in the middle of the huge mass of people, but be towards the front, so it's easier to go in and out.

Reactions: CJN
We are here at WDW now; leaving Friday. (our 10th annual Girls Trip LOL)

We finally decided to not even try to ride it this trip; we didn't want to go through all of the hassle required and then be disappointed if we didn't get to ride. We did talk to GR at HS, and they said the same thing that everyone else is hearing: There is no option (right now) to get into a boarding group except for all members of the party to be there at Park open. Period.

We even had an issue on this trip where our hotel room at WL lost power, and we had to be moved to a different room; we jokingly told the Resort manager that we would take FP+ for RoTR over the upgraded (standard Guest room --> 1 bedroom villa) accommodations, and he laughed and then said 'So, I could get you into a Grand Villa AND refund an extra night easier than I can get you on that ride". LOL

It is (as you can imagine) the primary topic of conversation around here right now. We have made the choice to wait, knowing that by the time we do ride it, the early issues will hopefully be worked out, and boarding groups will be a thing of the past.

Someone in our group has a disability access pass on their magic bands. So we’re trying to figure if they too need to be there at park open to get a Rise of The Resistance BG. There’s absolutely no way they can maneuver around that early and witj a packed crowd like that.

I would just feel bad to make my friend miss it, who doesn't have a pass to any disney park at all (and who loves Star Wars).

I'm confused - what kind of pass are you talking about?

It opens at 7. We are staying at CS. If we do try and get up, we will take an Uber or Lyft to not have to deal with the buses. In my head, I was thinking getting there super early to not be in the middle of the huge mass of people, but be towards the front, so it's easier to go in and out.

Go in and out of what? The crowd? Being in the front will make it incredibly hard to go in and out of the crowd. If you mean into the park, to a point it would be "easier" but only if you mean earlier, so that you can move down the street and get away from a lot of the congestion quickly. But you have to be in the park at official opening to get the boarding group. So it's not really a matter of going in, getting the BG and then getting out. You could be standing in the park waiting for quite a long time, depending on how early they start letting people in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter