das pass at disney

There is typically more walking required BETWEEN attractions than in the lines.

you know that you get agitated when your feet hurt. This is an issue you can manage - without a DAS.

I have found out that disney has a Das pass for disbility I was wondering if I would qualify for it would qualify for it

My disabilities are mild learning difficulties dyspraxia and also severe flat feet flat feet which means I have no arching them which means I have no arching them and because of this I find it hard to stand for long amount of time

any mobility related issues do NOT qualify for a DAS. you would be instructed to use a Wheelchair or ECV. everybody's feet hurt while standing in line.

DAS is NOT granted based on x diagnosis or because you'd rather have one. the ONLY time a DAS is granted if the reason you cannot wait in a standard line is NOT mobility related. you cannot say " I have Dyspraxia, I need a DAS." you must be able to explain WHY you cannot wait in a line. the only explanations you give are MOBILITY related and thus do NOT meet the criteria.

there is very little seating in the parks any more.. if you need a place to sit, you basically have to provide your own , or sit on the ground.

It is easier to walk round even when feet hurt if I use wheelchair or sat down for a long time eg plane will get very stif but I can’t just get off the plane walk as I will need to relax in hot bath to lose them frist
And to much of rushing round at airport

It is easier to walk round even when feet hurt if I use wheelchair or sat down for a long time eg plane will get very stif but I can’t just get off the plane walk as I will need to relax in hot bath to lose them frist
And to much of rushing round at airport
So walking is fine for you. If so you will be fine in line as they are slow moving they really only stop for a minute or two at most. The times the lines stop is the preshow and the DAS dose nothing for this. You can also look i to touring plans this can help with going to the attractions in the best order so the waits will not be as long. I think you are taking on more then you think and would re think a solo trip and bring a help with you

Based on all of your posts, you will need a place to sit during the day. The only way to get a place to sit that will support you is to get a wheelchair.

Using a wheelchair will let you sit or stand and walk whenever you need to.

A DAS will not give you the help you are looking for.

@adamlatham smith You may certainly ask about DAS at Guest Relations. They are the only people who can definitively tell you yes or no about the DAS. However, I suggest you have an alternative plan in case your request is denied. While you may prefer to use a DAS rather than a mobility device, WDW may prefer that you utilize an alternative accommodation based on the set-up and operations of the parks.

Haven't you made a previous trip to WDW? How did you manage lines that time? Or maybe I have you confused with another poster.

Enjoy your vacation!

I did do it in 2016 I did but I find hard

Hard to walk and stand in the lines due to your feet?
If so then again mobility device is your friend.
We are only trying to help here.
But as mentioned feel free to ask for DAS but be prepared for denial and have a back up plan.
If denied what is that back up plan?

my back up plan was wheelchair but I only use them at parks that need it at the most depending on what day it is and and which park I am due number of rides etc and like to have the freedom of walk round disney as much as I can

my back up plan was wheelchair but I only use them at parks that need it at the most depending on what day it is and and which park I am due number of rides etc and like to have the freedom of walk round disney as much as I can

Good to know you have a plan and you are prepared in case you are denied.

but will only use manual one as I can take them on the ride it self which I get from disney as I pay for only the days I need but if the Das pass is no can I will still go there anyway get disability maps if there have them

Last edited:
Read the first page of this thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...disabled-1st-trip-next-trip-wish-trip.595713/ and just the first post in this
thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...15-digital-das-on-tickets-magicbands.3178976/ The disABILITIES Moderators have done an amazing job.

but if the Das pass
It. is. not. a. pass.

I my case the reason that mild learning difficulties (dyspraxia) I get bit agitated as as my feet Hurt due mobility problems
Again:
Walking is painful.
Pain makes you agitated.
This is an issue you can control.

but will only use manual one as I can take them on the ride it self which I get from disney as I pay for only the days I need but if the Das pass is no can I will still go there anyway get disability maps if there have them

A manual chair can go through most queues, and yes some rides have an accessible vehicle so you can sit in the wheelchair on the ride. That isn’t required but an option. Are you traveling solo or will you have someone to push you if needed?

And yes, you can certainly pick up a map Guide for Guests with Disabilities. It will let you know the accessibility for each attraction.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter