Day 1 in Orlando ( day 10 post 109)

I have never had one before but wife has ans she is happy.
It was worth it, it eases the aches in tired feet.

I used to have my feet done every 4-6 weeks in the salon next to me but she retired, they don't do feet anymore:sad1: felt so good when they were done.

I used to have my feet done every 4-6 weeks in the salon next to me but she retired, they don't do feet anymore:sad1: felt so good when they were done.

I am definately a ' new man' and will have another one again at some point,
just back from morning run, very foggy again and warm, DW is upset, everymorning for last week she has watched he sopranos on A and E channel at 8am, not on today, my son has the box set so told her not to worry and she can watch the whole 8 series at home.
Had a nice meal at Olive Garden last night, large bottle of red wine at the bar with bread sticks and 2 sauces, large salad and a five cheese pasta, DW had a shrimp pasta dish, very nice.
Then a night cap at Millers ale house which was packed due to the monday night football and the Orlando Magics on tv. Nice atmosphere in there.
We are in chill out mode now, not rushing about, bit of shopping , the odd ride at the parks and sunbathing with a cold beer. Nice.

The Chrismas decorations at Mall of Millenia, Santas Grotto is in the middle

Florida2009.jpg

We always buy a tacky present for our friends when we go away and the rule is that it must be displayed on the mantlepiece, they do the same to us. What do you think of this one

Florida2009134.jpg

Yeah that's very tacky, kind of worth buying in order to gain some pleasure from smashing it up. If you know what I mean ;)

a quiet day today, shopping and sunbathing.
One thing that has come out of the day is the very nice Orlando residents we have met in the bars we have been in, well mainly Millers to be honest, and the free bar in the hotel, weather has been graet and everyone is happy, hot weather rteally makes a difference.

a quiet day today, shopping and sunbathing.
One thing that has come out of the day is the very nice Orlando residents we have met in the bars we have been in, well mainly Millers to be honest, and the free bar in the hotel, weather has been graet and everyone is happy, hot weather rteally makes a difference.

What I have found over the years is you can meet total strangers at a bar and get talking to them very easy, often buying each other drinks.
Whilst I never go out drinking here at home you just can't imagine the same thing happening.

I suppose also the fact we are on holiday, with a tan and feel more relaxed makes conversation easier, or maybe it's just my natural charm? :)

Had a nice meal at Olive Garden last night, large bottle of red wine at the bar with bread sticks and 2 sauces, large salad and a five cheese pasta, DW had a shrimp pasta dish, very nice.

i liked their 5 cheese pasta too....and the bottomless salad...

the mall at millenia looks nice...
and the tacky gift of yours is absolutely PERFECT!!!

another quiet day, weather was cloudy MId 70's, cooler at night. we did a bit nore shopping, went to costco on Orange blosson trail, if any one is thinking of coming out and hiring a sat nav from the car hire people, dont, go to walmart or costco and buy one, walmart had a tom tom for $89, costco had a better one for $99. i think to hire they are $11 to $12 per day so it is a no brainer, mind you it only works if you can find Costco or Walmart without a sat nav!.

Anyway i digress, had our evening meal at Millers Ale house which was let down by the service, if we order starters i expect to eat them together not seperately, it was poor all round and was reflected in the tip, shame really because we have enjoyed many visits to the Ale house this holiday.

after that we walked the 2 miles to chilis and a a few vodkas and have now retired to our suite and are watching Sex in the city on HBO

So that is it, apart from our flight back tomorrow it is the end of our trip.
Hope u have enjoyed our experience as much as we have

For anyone coming out in the next few days the weather is getting cool, dropping to 39 at night, low 60's in the day, weather has been a bit weird this trip, really hot or a bit cool.....thats Florida in December!

Bye for now!

Thanks for taking the time to do these reports, I have enjoyed reading them. Safe journey home.

Thanks for bringing a bit of sunshine into our days - especially our here in the North Sea where it is a bit 'choppy and chilly' to say the least.

Have a safe trip home :thumbsup2

Have a safe trip home, I have really enjoyed your trippie! :)

I have to say that the flight home in Economy was poor, my views may be tainted because of the outbound upgrade but i have to say that the food was terrible, I had beef stew which seemed undercooked and was not tasty, the breakfast before landing was inedible IMHO, it was something like an egg Mc Muffin, but not as nice, in fact it was vile.
We were sat in 32 b and c, Our section of the plane had a problem with a very loud buzzing noise coming from the tannoy speakers, it was going on all the flight on and off for long periods, making it impossible to sleep, they eventually shut the tannoy off and the haed stewardess made announcements with a megaphone.
All in all a poor flight.
I did record the noises on my phone at different times through the night though not sure i can be bothered complaining.

Really enjoyed you live reports, sorry to hear the flight home was not great

Welcome home, are you enjoying the snow? :rotfl2:

The last Virgin flight we did(last Xmas) the flight & food was not too bad, but the 2 or 3 flights before that I couldn't believe how bad they were, we had a seat that wouldn't sit upright, broken screen, 2 out of 3 earphone sockets not working ground in dirt on seats and rotten food, I even tried veggie dish that was inedible, mushroom rissoto.
The only good things with Virgin are scheduled direct & flying club(not as good as it was)
I have said before, in the past I would pay £100-200pp extra to fly Virgin, now I won't.
Many defend Virgin but I find it hard to anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter