DCL/ABD Med Cruise May 15, 2010

I am still debating on adding this on to my 9/8 cruise. I called to ask some questions over the weekend. The cast member I spoke to said they are selling well and 2 or 3 of the cruises in August have waitlists. Have any of you gotten any more information on what will be offered on each of the excursions other than what is listed on the website? I got the length of each excursion, but they don't have any more information than what is on the website, and I can't see what they have listed filling up 7-11 hours worth of touring. The first cast member I spoke with said they were pretty much taking 2 popular DCL excurions and smashing them together, but not getting that from the write-ups on the site. If not I guess I will have to wait to see what the first group out thinks and find out what all they did.

Sayhello, I hope by this time next week, you will see all the cancellation worry was nothing, and you will be in full plan mode! I read your Alaska and SS trip reports, and they were great, so I am excited to read about this trip! :thumbsup2

We're holding our breath too. I think we just won't answer the phone. Although what that accomplishes I don't know. I will be so disappointed. That much I know.
I'm totally with you on that. I'm looking a bit purple, but don't know what else to do besides hold my breath! :upsidedow

Sayhello

Sayhello, I hope by this time next week, you will see all the cancellation worry was nothing, and you will be in full plan mode! I read your Alaska and SS trip reports, and they were great, so I am excited to read about this trip! :thumbsup2
Thanks, DisneyCruiser83. :goodvibes I really, really hope you are right!

I'm glad you liked my trip reports! I really enjoy doing them & sharing them, and I'm *REALLY* looking forward to doing one for the Med!

Sayhello

I am still debating on adding this on to my 9/8 cruise. I called to ask some questions over the weekend. The cast member I spoke to said they are selling well and 2 or 3 of the cruises in August have waitlists. Have any of you gotten any more information on what will be offered on each of the excursions other than what is listed on the website? I got the length of each excursion, but they don't have any more information than what is on the website, and I can't see what they have listed filling up 7-11 hours worth of touring. The first cast member I spoke with said they were pretty much taking 2 popular DCL excurions and smashing them together, but not getting that from the write-ups on the site. If not I guess I will have to wait to see what the first group out thinks and find out what all they did.
I haven't gotten any detail beyond the detailed itinerary on the website. I guess I'm used to the level of detail on ABD's itineraries, and I'm trusting them to have a day's worth of activities for each day. They haven't failed me yet! :) I will definitely report back in detail on the trip, so if you can wait until the start of June, you should have your answer then! I'd heard that the August trips had sold out. And the May 5th trip apparently was not canceled. So I'm cautiously hopeful this trip will be a go!

Sayhello

3 days left until no cancellation. Still not counting. (You guys totally aren't buying this, are you?) :lmao:

Sayhello

3 days left until no cancellation. Still not counting. (You guys totally aren't buying this, are you?) :lmao:

Sayhello

Every time that I see that you've posted on this thread, I'm almost afraid to look! I'll be so happy for you when you've passed the cancellation milestone. With all the reports of other Med dates selling so well, I just can't imagine that your trip won't be a go.

Christy, well, the good news is, I spoke to someone a *little* more specialized in DCL in regards to the ABD add-on, and while she couldn't say for sure if it was going to be cancelled or not, what she *could* tell me was that she had not gotten any sort of memos or emails telling her to stop pushing sales of our departure, which she said she would normally expect if cancellation was imminent. Also, she said that at one point they got a memo that there were only a few spots left, so at *some* point, it was well-sold. She used the ubiquitous "it's selling well". So again, no specifics, no guarantees, but it's hopeful news.

Come on, Sunday!

Sayhello

I am hopeful that they may perhaps consider us as test runs for the sold out with waiting lists trips in the summer. That is good news though. Thanks for being so persistent.

Heheheheheh. Look at the email I just got:

Great news Sayhello Family!

Now you can add more magic to your Mediterranean cruise, simply by adding on the Adventures by Disney experience. Disney Cruise Line® is teaming up with Adventures by Disney-the world's leading luxury tour company*, to ensure you get the most out of every port of call!

Discover each exotic port like few other visitors ever will. Disney-trained Adventure Guides will give VIP treatment and authentic experiences you might miss on your own.

What's included?

• 7 unique shore adventures, one in each port of call (including lunch and local guide gratuities) • Adult dinner at Palo on board Disney Magic followed by a wine tasting • Three private receptions and special activities on board Disney Magic • All onboard ship and shore adventures photography • All shipboard gratuities • And much more
You'll even enjoy exclusive onboard magic as well, like private receptions and behind-the-scenes drawing lessons with a real Disney-trained artist!
Click here to get more Mediterranean Magic out of your cruise!
spacer.gif
Think I should sign up? :lmao:

Sayhello

If only they'd send out such an email for those doing the Baltic cruise! we look forward to your report, Sayhello!!

It looks like they've included a lot which makes the cost a little easier to swallow. I like that all onboard ship and shore adventure pictures are included. I've always thought the pictures should be included as part of the cost.

Looking forward to your trip report

If only they'd send out such an email for those doing the Baltic cruise! we look forward to your report, Sayhello!!
I mentioned to the DCL rep that folks wanted it for the Baltic. She hadn't heard anything. Darn.

It looks like they've included a lot which makes the cost a little easier to swallow. I like that all onboard ship and shore adventure pictures are included. I've always thought the pictures should be included as part of the cost.

Looking forward to your trip report
Thanks, BasilofBakerstreet. I think there's a LOT of value to this trip if you look at it as a complete tour, where the hotel is the ship, rather than as a source of excursions for a cruise. I'm really looking forward to the whole experience, including doing the Trip Report! :cool1:

Sayhello

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Sayhello.

Question, did you ever work out your air or are you waiting to make sure the trip is a go?

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you Sayhello.

Question, did you ever work out your air or are you waiting to make sure the trip is a go?
Tozzie, I actually took a leap of faith & bought my airfare, because it was only going up, and the options were getting fewer. I'm planning on visiting family in Israel after the cruise, and wanted to be sure I got it all worked out. The guy I talked to at Iberia informed me the airfare could be *refunded* for a little over $200, so I decided it was worth the risk. Hopefully, I won't need to worry about it. I still haven't found out if the insurance would kick in if the tour was canceled, but not the cruise. I have a feeling it wouldn't, but I'm thinking even if it would, if I don't make a claim, I can use the policy for whatever my new vacation would be, so it's kind of a wash.

I'm still hopeful it will be a moot point!

Sayhello

It is now after 8pm EST, and the DCL offices are CLOSED! And they did NOT cancel our ABD Med cruise add-on! We are a GO!!!! We're doing the Med with ABD!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christy! Yay!

:beach::cool1::dance3: :cheer2::banana::yay: :jumping1::rainbow::tigger:

Sayhello

Congrats Sayhello. Have a great time, it sounds like it will be a fabulous adventure.

It is now after 8pm EST, and the DCL offices are CLOSED! And they did NOT cancel our ABD Med cruise add-on! We are a GO!!!! We're doing the Med with ABD!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christy! Yay!

:beach::cool1::dance3: :cheer2::banana::yay: :jumping1::rainbow::tigger:

Sayhello

I am happy for you. :dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :cool1: pixiedust: party:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter