DCL/ABD Med Cruise May 15, 2010

We came home on Friday night and there was a message on our answering machine and I was afraid to listen to it, worried it might be ABD cancelling the tour. Fortunately it was only a message from my cousin.

Tom and I are looking forward to touring with you. It should be the trip of a lifetime, that is until our next ABD trip. :-)

Thanks for your help and moral support.

Christy

It is now after 8pm EST, and the DCL offices are CLOSED! And they did NOT cancel our ABD Med cruise add-on! We are a GO!!!! We're doing the Med with ABD!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christy! Yay!

:beach::cool1::dance3: :cheer2::banana::yay: :jumping1::rainbow::tigger:

Sayhello

CONGRATS SAYHELLO!!! :cool1: I am really happy for you, I hope you have a fabulous time!! :cheer2:

It is now after 8pm EST, and the DCL offices are CLOSED! And they did NOT cancel our ABD Med cruise add-on! We are a GO!!!! We're doing the Med with ABD!!!!!!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Christy! Yay!

:beach::cool1::dance3: :cheer2::banana::yay: :jumping1::rainbow::tigger:

Sayhello

Congratulations...That is absolutely wonderful news and here's wishing you a great adventure.

Congrats Sayhello. Have a great time, it sounds like it will be a fabulous adventure.
Thanks, RSM! A great time is definitely in the plans! :thumbsup2

:yay:I am very happy for you! I am sure you will have a wonderful time!
Thanks! I'm pretty sure it's going to be wonderful, too! :cool1:

I am happy for you. :dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :yay: :woohoo: :cool1: pixiedust: party:
Thanks, Tozzie. :yay: While the new policy made the last couple of weeks pretty hairy, it's nice to now know I don't have to worry about cancellation. Now all we need to do is get ABD to do what a lot of the other providers do, and say they won't cancel, period!

We came home on Friday night and there was a message on our answering machine and I was afraid to listen to it, worried it might be ABD cancelling the tour. Fortunately it was only a message from my cousin.

Tom and I are looking forward to touring with you. It should be the trip of a lifetime, that is until our next ABD trip. :-)

Thanks for your help and moral support.

Christy
Christy, I know what you mean about the phone messages. Was a little crazy-making!

I'm also looking forward to meeting & traveling with you & your hubby. This should be quite an adventure!

And it helped to have someone to commiserate with. :)

CONGRATS SAYHELLO!!! :cool1: I am really happy for you, I hope you have a fabulous time!! :cheer2:
Thanks! :woohoo: I know it will be hard, but I will try my very best to have a fabulous time! ;)

Congratulations...That is absolutely wonderful news and here's wishing you a great adventure.
Thank you! I'm thinking it will be quite the adventure. I'm really looking forward to this!:yay:

congrats.:cool1::thumbsup2:dance3:
Thank you! :woohoo:

Sayhello

Sayhello it was wonderful to have someone to hold my hand during the uncertainty and it's going to be way fun having you to plan with now with unfettered excitement. I can't believe that in 90 days we will be floating around the Mediterranean. Unbelievable. We are so excited.:cool1::yay: I'm so excited it took me three times to get this post correct. LOL

Sayhello it was wonderful to have someone to hold my hand during the uncertainty and it's going to be way fun having you to plan with now with unfettered excitement. I can't believe that in 90 days we will be floating around the Mediterranean. Unbelievable. We are so excited.:cool1::yay: I'm so excited it took me three times to get this post correct. LOL
I'm so looking forward to the planning and the meet-ups, and the adventure of it all! We're going to have a FABULOUS time! I can hardly wait! :dance3::cheer2: Am I going to need to have you sign a waiver for the Trip Report? ;)

Sayhello

When do you get to Barcelona? We could tour around together.
I arrive in Barcelona on the 14th at 9:45 am. I don't know about you, but ALL of the flights I found were overnighters. What I'm hoping to do is hit the hotel (Airport Marriott) and dump my stuff off (I doubt I'll be able to check in that early, but we'll see) get some lunch, and then hit the town. I've been told you really don't want to go to sleep when you arrive like that, because it makes the jetlag worse. I probably will fade late afternoon, who knows. When do you & Tom arrive? It would be great to tour together. I really want to check out Park Guell, and maybe the fountain if I can stay up that long. I was *thinking* of doing the Aquarium also, but was thinking that might be something to do on Saturday, since we leave Barcelona so late, and the Aquarium is right by the port, and would be relatively easy to get to after checking in...

Let me know what you think! :) Plans! We're making plans! :D

Sayhello

...havin' fun readin' this thread.

Trip report perhaps????popcorn::.

Ya gotta take some pics.

Enjoy & have fun -

We are totally up for touring together -- we would like to see La Sagrada Familia (sp?) and Las Rambla as well. I don't know re the aquarium. We have a lovely one here in Monterey and Long Beach -- but we'll see -- I don't want to wear my feet out before I even get on the ship. LOL Here's our information:

May 14, 2010
8:55 AM Arrive Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
Passeig del Taulat 262-264, Barcelona, Spain 08019
Tel: 34-93-507-0707 Fax: 34-93-507-0700
mailto:res.diagonalmar@hilton.com

We spent time in Barcelona before boarding the Magic in 2007--great place! If you walk down La Rambla, you'll see street performances and lots of bird cages--and cafes, coffee shops etc. But try to wander into the Gothic section next to the street--nice lunch or dinner options there (beware! we wanted seating for 4 and took the smoking area thinking it wouldn't be too bad--it was just awful, but we were happily given a table in the non-smoking area). We really liked the hop on/hop off bus--and one of the stops is right by your hotel (we stayed there--great place, nice beach across the street--you can get an espresson at a hut on the beach). Nice park nearby with interesting art--and a grocery store if you want to buy water/snacks (be sure to bring your passport to show the cashier if using a credit card).

Wow, you guys, this sounds like such an awesome trip! Make sure to take lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through you!

We have decided not to do an ABD this year, but are going on a trip to Israel instead. It is with a tour group and is organized by our congregation, so while not the same as ABD, it has a lot of the same aspects that I like about ABD - a good group of people, excellent tour guides, an itinerary put together by people I trust, and, of course, a wonderful place to visit!

We are totally up for touring together -- we would like to see La Sagrada Familia (sp?) and Las Rambla as well. I don't know re the aquarium. We have a lovely one here in Monterey and Long Beach -- but we'll see -- I don't want to wear my feet out before I even get on the ship. LOL Here's our information:

May 14, 2010
8:55 AM Arrive Barcelona, Spain (BCN)
Hilton Diagonal Mar Barcelona
Passeig del Taulat 262-264, Barcelona, Spain 08019
Tel: 34-93-507-0707 Fax: 34-93-507-0700
mailto:res.diagonalmar@hilton.com
I'd like to see La Sagrada Familia, also. I was a little iffy about doing Las Rambla by myself, but with you guys, I guess it wouldn't be bad. I'd much rather see Park Guell than the Aquarium... I'll be in Los Angeles next week, so maybe I should take in the Long Beach Aquarium, and get my fix... :)

We'll need to exchange some info as it gets closer so we can find each other.

Sayhello

We spent time in Barcelona before boarding the Magic in 2007--great place! If you walk down La Rambla, you'll see street performances and lots of bird cages--and cafes, coffee shops etc. But try to wander into the Gothic section next to the street--nice lunch or dinner options there (beware! we wanted seating for 4 and took the smoking area thinking it wouldn't be too bad--it was just awful, but we were happily given a table in the non-smoking area). We really liked the hop on/hop off bus--and one of the stops is right by your hotel (we stayed there--great place, nice beach across the street--you can get an espresson at a hut on the beach). Nice park nearby with interesting art--and a grocery store if you want to buy water/snacks (be sure to bring your passport to show the cashier if using a credit card).
Thanks for the info, WeLoveABD. I've been toying with the idea of the hop on/hop off bus. It looks like a good option.

Wow, you guys, this sounds like such an awesome trip! Make sure to take lots of pictures so we can live vicariously through you!

We have decided not to do an ABD this year, but are going on a trip to Israel instead. It is with a tour group and is organized by our congregation, so while not the same as ABD, it has a lot of the same aspects that I like about ABD - a good group of people, excellent tour guides, an itinerary put together by people I trust, and, of course, a wonderful place to visit!
:lmao:Look at you, telling *ME* to take lots of pictures! :rotfl: Like that's NOT going to happen ;)

Thanks, glassslipper2004, it's turning into more & more of an awesome trip as we go. I'm really looking forward to doing this Trip Report.

Enjoy your trip to Israel. It *is* an amazing place. It's been over 30 years since I've been there, and I still remember it vividly. I'm sure you're going to have a fabulous trip!

Sayhello

What time do we get on the boat on the 15th?
Well, that's open for interpretation. :) I need to call DCL and get clarification. The port opens at 10am, boarding starts "around 1pm", but we don't sail until like 9:30pm (and you're supposed to be onboard 1 1/2 hours before departure). I remember reading at some point that the muster drill is at 5pm, so you need to be around for that, but otherwise you can come & go. It's all a little confusing. I'll let you know if I get any clarification from DCL.

Sayhello

From my cruising experience, I like to get on the ship as early as possible, then before it gets crowded, walk around and get to know where everything is on the ship. Believe me, it will take a couple of hours if you've never been on a cruise before. Once you got a feel for the ship....start eating!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter