DCL HONEYMOON!!

Christina Scovotti

Earning My Ears
My prince and I are sailing on the DREAM in May!

What are some freebies/magic moments/ experiences we should be looking out for during our honeymoon?

I don't post on here much, but I had to respond to this! My own prince and I had our honeymoon on the Dream last year! It was super romantic and you will love it!

One thing that I loved and I was surprised hubby loved (he is pretty shy) was the rainforest room - we loved the hot tubs and the scrubs - we made sure to go at a time when almost nobody was there (like 9 or 10 at night).

We also ate at both Remy and Palo - when we told them that it was our honeymoon they had some special surprises for us like painting a plate with happy honeymoon in chocolate! It was just a 3 night cruise so we never went down to main dining - did room service once night and that was very special too.

We also did the mixiology class one night and I highly recommend it!

At Castaway Cay we did the wave runners and it was awesome, but that would be awesome regardless of being on a honeymoon or not!

my brother called ahead of time and told reservations it was a honeymoon. we they arrived at their cabin the bed was covered with rose petals and swan towel animals. very cute. we also called ahead and had a gift delivered to the room. Champaine and bathrobes.

Be on the lookout for the night when they have the Newlywed Game (they usually call it "Match Your Mate") in the adults-only area. They choose three couples and structure it just like the classic game show; they always look for a couple who have been together a long time, a couple who are newly together, and a couple in the middle. GREAT opportunity to get some special attention as honeymooners ;) Often that true "newlywed" couple are on their honeymoon. They usually give out a bottle of champagne or a treat in the spa to the winners, too.

We honeymooned on the Wonder last year.

From memory, the pixie dust included: a congratulatory note / card, rose petals, a small cake (although it wasn't delivered at first due to some kind of mix-up), the "Happily Ever After" (or similar) buttons (although, like the cake, they weren't delivered at first), two free drinks from one of our servers on one night when dining, "Honeymoon" written on a plate in Palo and I think there may have been a discount voucher for the Rainforest room (I can't quite recall, as we ended up winning a couple and we have them away to your tablemates except for the "free entry" voucher).

We also participated in (and won!) one of the Match Your Mate games hosted by Jamezy!

If you feel something is missing, ask at guest services. We didn't know the cake and buttons were "missing" except our room attendant (or someone else) left a note in the room saying something about enjoying the cake. We were concerned that we'd been charged for something we hadn't ordered (or eaten) and queried it with guest services.

Certainly notate it on your reservation, but TBH, while there may be little pixie dust things that happen, there is nothing that is designated or mandatory. And nothing ruins little surprises for everyone like people complaining "But we read on the DIS..." (Cast and Crew Members' 6 least favorite words) and demanding the same.

You can always go to Guest Services and get the buttons - you don't have to wait for them to be delivered. The "cake" in the MDR is usually a small, mousse-type thing.

If there is something specific you want - the package with the robes, actual cake, Rainforest Room (which is public, btw...), etc. - and will be disappointed without, go ahead and get it yourself.

The thing is, there are always MANY people celebrating something on the cruise (example: My parents and I were on the Magic in February. During our night in Carioca's, it became ridiculous the number of birthdays being celebrated. We stopped counting after the FIFTEENTH singing of their birthday song. More than FIFTEEN birthdays in one seating in one MDR. Throw in a few anniversaries and other things and the servers were hard pressed to do their regular jobs for all the celebrations. And there were still celebrations in the other MDRs on other nights!) The crew will generally TRY to do things, but again, if there is something you will be sad without, ensure for yourself that you have it taken care of in advance.

Don't expect anything grand. They might add little things here and there (swans and rose petals in the room, surprise desserts... )...

I suggest you go to Remy and/or Palo to celebrate. They are great with special occasions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter