"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question...
When I booked my room at the Pan Pacific, my Disney Visa had an international charge on it for the reservation. :eek:
My question... Is there a credit card that doesn't have fees to use in Canada while we are there...or is it just easier to carry cash, for expenses, and do we exchange US?
Thanks for the help!
:surfweb:
Capital One!!! They don't charge any foreign exchange fees!!!!That's what we used in Europe and didn't get hit with one fee...

Hi! I am Leisha travelng with DH Tom. We are empty nesters. We have a beautiful grandaughter (4 months) thanks to DS Ryan and DIL Alisha. We have a DD that is getting married in Oct to a wonderful guy. This cruise is so we can relax before the crazieness really kicks into gear.

I booked our pre stay hotel yesterday so it is really starting to become real at this point. This is our 6th disney cruise. We love cruising with our Disney Friends!!!

Welcome! :goodvibes

Morning Everyone!

We too are so looking forward to this cruise. :thumbsup2 My husband and I have always wanted to visit Alaska and wanted to go there for our 10th anniversary, but never got there. So now we are so excited! We are from SW Wisconsin and will be traveling by RV to Vancouver (with a stop in Glacier National Park). We are traveling with our 5 children - DD 13, DS 8, DD 7, DS 4, and DS 1. I am a stay at home mom. This will be our 9th Disney Cruise. It will be different not going to CC on this cruise, but I think that we will still have a lot of fun! :goodvibes I am looking forward to booking our excursions. There are a lot of choices, but the one that we want to do for sure is the White Railroad Pass and trail camp. We plan to roam around the other 2 towns and do some sight seeing and shopping. We may possible take the tram in Juneau.

5 months from today we will be in Glacier on our way to Vancouver :banana::cool1: I am looking forward to getting to know everyone before we cruise!

Vicki

Well I couldn't get to work today. There was a controlled burn going on. Now since there is a little fog, the smoke is held down. Highway 98 is closed and all the bridges. So I turned around and came home. we have 88 check outs this morning and people can't leave and housekeepers can't get to work to clean the rooms!!!!

Wow that is too bad. Although getting a day off is not bad anyway. ;)

Morning Everyone!

We too are so looking forward to this cruise. :thumbsup2 My husband and I have always wanted to visit Alaska and wanted to go there for our 10th anniversary, but never got there. So now we are so excited! We are from SW Wisconsin and will be traveling by RV to Vancouver (with a stop in Glacier National Park). We are traveling with our 5 children - DD 13, DS 8, DD 7, DS 4, and DS 1. I am a stay at home mom. This will be our 9th Disney Cruise. It will be different not going to CC on this cruise, but I think that we will still have a lot of fun! :goodvibes I am looking forward to booking our excursions. There are a lot of choices, but the one that we want to do for sure is the White Railroad Pass and trail camp. We plan to roam around the other 2 towns and do some sight seeing and shopping. We may possible take the tram in Juneau.

5 months from today we will be in Glacier on our way to Vancouver :banana::cool1: I am looking forward to getting to know everyone before we cruise!

Vicki

Souds like a great time to drive to Vancouver. I am like you I will miss Castaway Cay.

You know, I just realized today how many things I have to do before this cruise. Get the little one some waterproof boots. Book plane tickets. Should probably decide how many days we are staying in Vancouver....and what excursions we are going on.....not to mention formal wear.

OMG! I need to get the little one a passport! Gah! Who am I? I'm usually almost done by now, and I have no idea what's going on.

Panic is setting in. Someone talk me down. Quick!

I did just request to join the FB group so hopefully that will kick my butt into gear. Sheesh. Mozart will attest, I usually even plan my planning. Right now I'm like, "so, I think we're going to Alaska this year?" WHERE IS MY SPREADSHEET???

Yes, I have multiplied. Scary, isn't it?

You know, I just realized today how many things I have to do before this cruise. Get the little one some waterproof boots. Book plane tickets. Should probably decide how many days we are staying in Vancouver....and what excursions we are going on.....not to mention formal wear.

OMG! I need to get the little one a passport! Gah! Who am I? I'm usually almost done by now, and I have no idea what's going on.

This board will help!!! There are a lot of helpers here. Lots of time, more than 5 months.
-Robyn

Oh my! I hope the rest of your day and your guests' day go much smoother.

Well once the sun came up and the fog lifted the smoke went away too! It stinks and the hotel lobby was insane. People are amazing they show up at 10 am when check in is not until 3 and are mad. It's like put on your swim suit and go to the beach!!!

Wow that is too bad. Although getting a day off is not bad anyway. ;)

I wish, I went in around 10. It's so busy now I would never get caught up with 4 days to do on monday. The St patricks day partiers spent a lot of $$!! I did get some laundry done before I left.

We too are going to miss CC and all the lying by the pool with frozen drinks. But I can't wait to see Alaska. We had actually booked Alaska with Princess three years ago for our 25th. But our kids still lived a home and wanted to go. So it was so expensive and the economy was so bad we cancelled. Now the kids have moved out so it's much cheaper for 2:banana:

On our past threads some one posted every friday the number of weeks left. I don't know how to do those moving numbers, but if some one does, or wants to teach this computer stupid person how I would love to!!!

I did just request to join the FB group so hopefully that will kick my butt into gear. Sheesh. Mozart will attest, I usually even plan my planning. Right now I'm like, "so, I think we're going to Alaska this year?" WHERE IS MY SPREADSHEET???

Yes, I have multiplied. Scary, isn't it?

We still have 5 months to go....so there is still plenty of time. I too have been trying to figure out all that I need for this trip. A fews ago I had the kids try on spring jackets, as well as raingear to make sure it all fit. I also got to check acouple of the kids hiking boots. 3 of the kids' passports expire this July, so I need to update those soon! Does anyone know if they need to just get there pics taken again or if we need to reapply?

Do we have a cruise meet plaaned on the ship on the first day?

Vicki

This is our first Alaskan cruise. My family's 3rd DCL and my 4th ( I am going in May on the eastbound transatlantic in May--Very excited) I will be missing the warmth of Caribbean, though. There are so many great excursions it is hard to decide.

Christi

We have done two of the westbound transatlantics and LOVED them. I hope you will enjoy yours too.

Quick question...
When I booked my room at the Pan Pacific, my Disney Visa had an international charge on it for the reservation. :eek:
My question... Is there a credit card that doesn't have fees to use in Canada while we are there...or is it just easier to carry cash, for expenses, and do we exchange US?
Thanks for the help!
:surfweb:

Capitolone

Does anyone know if they need to just get there pics taken again or if we need to reapply?

Do we have a cruise meet plaaned on the ship on the first day?

Vicki

Here is the link for renewals. http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html

Unfortunately, if they are under age 16 you have to reapply in person.

As for the cruise meet. I cannot find where one has been planned. Guess we need to put that on our "To Do List"

I was glad to see their are others on this thread that suffer from the same disorder as I. OCPD (obsessive compulsive planning disorder)

We have done two of the westbound transatlantics and LOVED them. I hope you will enjoy yours too.

Capitolone

Here is the link for renewals. http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew/renew_833.html

Unfortunately, if they are under age 16 you have to reapply in person.

As for the cruise meet. I cannot find where one has been planned. Guess we need to put that on our "To Do List"

I was glad to see their are others on this thread that suffer from the same disorder as I. OCPD (obsessive compulsive planning disorder)

Thanks for the link on passports. I guess we'll be reapplying for their passports very soon here. I definitely fit into the category of OCPD :) I love to plan for our trips and it gets everyone excited planning for it!

Vicki

Hello everyone! I've been MIA for a while, working like crazy to help pay for the cruise :)
I'm Robyn and my DH is Rick and we have a DD10 Laurel going with us. Also in the cabin next to us is my mom Vicki and my dad Bob--my dad is turning 70 this year!!! Just months after the cruise. So we plan to celebrate.
We are first time cruisers and looking forward to seeing Alaska and the pacific coast. We are looking forward to shows, sites, FE and my daughter can't wait to head to the "club".
Can't wait to catch up with the thread and join the FB group.
See everyone really soon...less than 6 months. YEAH!!!
-Robyn

Welcome:cheer2::cheer2:

ok...I'm really confused now....are there 2 FB pages for DCL Klondike Kruisers? My husband set one up to fix the one that noone could find but no one has asked to join that one. So if there's another one...I just can't find it...can you only find it if you're invited to join?

Thanks so much. The light rail link is my biggest concern. I think I will have a friend check that out for me.

Well the light link from SeaTac to King Street Station here in Seattle is really easy, though not terribly fast. It is a fun ride, just with a lot of stops. We did it once as we were coming back from a weekend away with my in laws and stayed downtown for the night without kids. It was a fun way to get to our downtown hotel and not deal with leaving our car at the airport. Not sure how the timing will work for you with flight times and Amtrak times but if you need to kill time by the King Street Station, there is a lot to do tourist wise and dining wise within walking distance. The light link gets off in the International district and then it's about a block walk to the Amtrak station I think.

On the way up, they check passports at the Vancouver Station. On the way back, they walk through the train, checking, as you cross the border.

In Vancouver, there is good information online about the routes on the light link. We rode it several times with no issues (downtown to Granville, checked out the olympic Village, ect) but it was a little limited in terms of where it went at that point and I've no idea how it may have expanded, or not, since then.

I did find this

"Pacific Central Station (the Amtrak Station) is half a block from the Main Street/Science World SkyTrain station where you can catch Vancouver's light rail service to downtown Vancouver. Trips take about 3 minutes and cost about $3.50 for adults and $2.25 for children. You can also take a taxi downtown for about $10.00."

The Expo and Millennium lines are the ones that go to Canada Place and the Waterfront Station which I think would be the one you want. Both of them stop at the Main Street Station so theoretically it should be pretty easy, other than thte two short walks you'll have, one in Seattle and one in Vancouver, to change train stations.

Now that I recall, we'd have tried this on our trip but it wasn't visible and it was pouring so we took a cab. LOL!

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire?.a=iScheduleLookupSearch&LineName=999&LineAbbr=999

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter