"DCL Klondike Kruisers" - August 23, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just created a group on facebook, if anyone is interested. It is called:
"DCL Klondike Kruisers" Shocking I know;)

We did this on the last cruise and it was another way to get to know folk. So if anyone is interested please join.:surfweb:

Hi,

I just sent a request to join the facebook group.

Thanks!

Granville Island has a great brewpub and a really nice selection of restaurants as well. Fun market and food court too.

Is anyone else flying into Seattle and then taking ground transportation to VanCouver?

Hi We, DH and I, are flying into Seattle and then taking Amtrak to Vancouver. Still working on transportation back after the cruise. I haven't finalized this portion of our trip.

We're driving up from Seattle so haven't looked at what the ground transportation are but have done Amtrak up there before if anyone needs info on that.

Anything you can share would be great.

Here is the facebook link

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_197598086937645&ap=1

the name appears like this:DCL Klondike Kruisers

some folk already found it. If you still have problems with the link let me know.

Sent a request to join. And prayers for your DH recovery.

We like trying new things, so I figure we'll eat something in Chinatown, we love sushi and I'd think Vancouver would have great sushi, and Japadog's high on our list of things to do. I bought the Frommer's book and it has a ton of restauarants listed in it. So many that I just can't decide.

3 days in Vancouver beforehand to fit it all in. 1 day after the cruise. We just don't have enough time.

This is our first trip to Vancouver. We are so excited!!! :banana: Any suggestions? We have a couple days before the cruise. Has anyone mentioned a before the cruise meet somewhere? Maybe for drinks or dinner.

This is our first trip to Vancouver. We are so excited!!! :banana: Any suggestions? We have a couple days before the cruise. Has anyone mentioned a before the cruise meet somewhere? Maybe for drinks or dinner.

Love the idea of a meet before hand. We are staying at Pan Pacific arriving on Sat. We are planning on going to Stanley park, Chinatown, gastown, Granville Island, possibly Grouse Mt.- the kids would love to zip-line there.

Christi

Will you give us a link to the new one?

Hope to have it all done tonight and will post the new thread.

Hi We, DH and I, are flying into Seattle and then taking Amtrak to Vancouver. Still working on transportation back after the cruise. I haven't finalized this portion of our trip.

We are coming into Seattle on Saturday and then taking the first Amtrak at 6am to Vancouver. There are only two trains a day. One at 6am and the other at 6 pm. All the rest of the amtrak schedule is buses.

Coming back from vancouver I am looking into chartering a bus. Still working on that.

Here's what I posted before. There are parts of the ride that are lovely, parts that are frankly ugly and a bit depressing. A history lesson really in the changing industrial landscape of the area. For me it was fascinating but a little sad at times. Some of the coastal stuff was lovely though!

Overall though, we'd do it again. Train was fairly dated at the time but have supposedly been refurbed since then.

Well the light link from SeaTac to King Street Station here in Seattle is really easy, though not terribly fast. It is a fun ride, just with a lot of stops. We did it once as we were coming back from a weekend away with my in laws and stayed downtown for the night without kids. It was a fun way to get to our downtown hotel and not deal with leaving our car at the airport. Not sure how the timing will work for you with flight times and Amtrak times but if you need to kill time by the King Street Station, there is a lot to do tourist wise and dining wise within walking distance. The light link gets off in the International district and then it's about a block walk to the Amtrak station I think.

On the way up, they check passports at the Vancouver Station. On the way back, they walk through the train, checking, as you cross the border.

In Vancouver, there is good information online about the routes on the light link. We rode it several times with no issues (downtown to Granville, checked out the olympic Village, ect) but it was a little limited in terms of where it went at that point and I've no idea how it may have expanded, or not, since then.

I did find this

"Pacific Central Station (the Amtrak Station) is half a block from the Main Street/Science World SkyTrain station where you can catch Vancouver's light rail service to downtown Vancouver. Trips take about 3 minutes and cost about $3.50 for adults and $2.25 for children. You can also take a taxi downtown for about $10.00."

The Expo and Millennium lines are the ones that go to Canada Place and the Waterfront Station which I think would be the one you want. Both of them stop at the Main Street Station so theoretically it should be pretty easy, other than thte two short walks you'll have, one in Seattle and one in Vancouver, to change train stations.

Now that I recall, we'd have tried this on our trip but it wasn't visible and it was pouring so we took a cab. LOL!

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/...9&LineAbbr=999

Wow! I was too busy to log on to the boards and missed a lot of chatter! I posted this earlier on the FB page, but for any of you who aren't on there, it looks like we might be sold out! I put in with and without kids and came up with nothing for our dates!:scared1:

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone heard anything about pirate night and if it still is going to be infact pirate night?

Has the FE grown any in the past month?

I am traveling with pick eaters. :lmao: Thank good ness they are not picky drinkers.

Yes you are!!! No sushi, no tomatoes!!!!

Any thing frozen works for me!!!! I wonder if they will still have the yummy sailaway drink?

Hi Everyone!

Has anyone heard anything about pirate night and if it still is going to be infact pirate night?

I read on the main boards, yes for Pirates and no for fireworks!!! So why do it if no fireworks!!

Love the idea of a meet before hand. We are staying at Pan Pacific arriving on Sat. We are planning on going to Stanley park, Chinatown, gastown, Granville Island, possibly Grouse Mt.- the kids would love to zip-line there.

Christi

I would like to zip line my self. May be wecan set something up on Sunday or Monday. We were thinking about going to Granville Island too. Several of us are staying at Coast Coal Harbor Hotel which I think is in the same area as Pan Pacific.

Yes you are!!! No sushi, no tomatoes!!!!

Any thing frozen works for me!!!! I wonder if they will still have the yummy sailaway drink?

I hope so I love that drink. I hope someone o there can do the wedding cake martini that I had on the Magic in Oct. :thumbsup2 We did the wedding cake tasting tonight and got the cake ordered. Megan picked a very funky cake. It is notin the least traditional and guess what the grooms cake is? It is home plate with the Yankee logo. She mentioned that you would appreciate the cake but Nancy would not. :)

I hope so I love that drink. I hope someone o there can do the wedding cake martini that I had on the Magic in Oct. :thumbsup2 We did the wedding cake tasting tonight and got the cake ordered. Megan picked a very funky cake. It is notin the least traditional and guess what the grooms cake is? It is home plate with the Yankee logo. She mentioned that you would appreciate the cake but Nancy would not. :)

How cool is that!!! I too hope they can make that. It was yummy.

I would like to zip line my self. May be wecan set something up on Sunday or Monday. We were thinking about going to Granville Island too. Several of us are staying at Coast Coal Harbor Hotel which I think is in the same area as Pan Pacific.

Count us in. How scary is zip lining? On hawaii 5-0 the line broke:scared1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter