DCL Onboard Restricted Items Policy Updates: Decorations, Ducks and Ashes and More

I love the idea people posted earlier where perhaps Disney could direct guests to place items in fish extenders instead of public areas. It seems like a decent compromise to me and like another pp mentioned, is specific so it might be followed more readily.
Yeah, or just hand them directly to a person. I know part of the fun is finding them, but based on what CMs have said about having to have them cleaned up on debarkation/embarkation day, I can see how hiding them probably isn't the best way to do the ducks.

I think the Ducks are silly and lame so I’m still not partaking (bit never was) but this was just posted on FB

DCL has NOT changed anything regarding rubber ducks. Nothing. Call them and ask. I did. They will tell you that guests are welcome to bring ducks, don’t hide them where they can’t be seen and that their policy has always been this and hasn’t changed at all…people bring ducks on every ship and that is fine. They laughed on the phone call, even put me on hold to verify and came back to assure me nothing has changed, there is no new policy and to pack our ducks and enjoy our cruise!

So…. Either shoreside is again making things impossible for onboard CMs or theyve reversed course? If it’s the first- how are the guests supposed to know? If they call for information, get the go ahead, and make 100 ducks- I can understand their frustration. Now obviously no need to be rude- but I’d understand being taken aback!

I think the Ducks are silly and lame so I’m still not partaking (bit never was) but this was just posted on FB

DCL has NOT changed anything regarding rubber ducks. Nothing. Call them and ask. I did. They will tell you that guests are welcome to bring ducks, don’t hide them where they can’t be seen and that their policy has always been this and hasn’t changed at all…people bring ducks on every ship and that is fine. They laughed on the phone call, even put me on hold to verify and came back to assure me nothing has changed, there is no new policy and to pack our ducks and enjoy our cruise!

So…. Either shoreside is again making things impossible for onboard CMs or theyve reversed course? If it’s the first- how are the guests supposed to know? If they call for information, get the go ahead, and make 100 ducks- I can understand their frustration. Now obviously no need to be rude- but I’d understand being taken aback!
it is one of those things where you get different information depending who you speak to. We also had someone call in our group and they were told the opposite. Ducks are allowed on board but you aren't allowed to hide them.

Well, we were on the Magic this week and received a unicorn duck from the director of shopping (sorry, can’t remember his name) for having owned DVC longer than anyone else at the DVC meeting, so they’re allowed on board! We also found a blue duck on our fish, too. But we didn’t see any other ducks!

Well, we were on the Magic this week and received a unicorn duck from the director of shopping (sorry, can’t remember his name) for having owned DVC longer than anyone else at the DVC meeting, so they’re allowed on board! We also found a blue duck on our fish, too. But we didn’t see any other ducks!
Taking them on board isn't the issue, it seems the hiding is the issue.

Shoreside support pretty much never knows what they're talking about.
I agree.

Last year I rang DCL to ask about a shuttle transfer from the ship to the centre of town. I was on the 4 night Spain cruise which went to Bilbao. The ship docked at Getxo which is 30 minutes drive from Bilbao city centre. DCL had no information about shuttles, I was told to walk 20 minutes from the ship to the train station or take a taxi.

I rang the cruise terminal tourist information at Getxo straight after talking to DCL and was told, yes there will be shuttles from the ship into Bilbao city centre and very likely they will be free. I was even told where the drop off point, pick up point would be in Bilbao city centre.

I have since found out that the same happened with other European cruises. People rang DCL to ask about transport from the ship into the ports and did not get any information so they booked excursions. But then one the ship, the night before the port stops they were given information about free shuttles.

The DCL phone people are good for things they can do on the computer system. They can access your booking, put in special requests, change things on the bookings, payments etc etc. But they dont get updated on operational changes or things like specific port information. All they can do is read you whats on the DCL website.

Please if you’re giving ducks to the kids it’s better not to bring them into the Oceaneer Club /Lab but to keep them safe and happy in their suitcase! (Dealing with a pretty bad problem of a few ducks that went down the toilets somewhere on deck 5 on the Magic so they’re ripping it out and updating them anyway asap) The manager office got flooded and the nearest restroom for counselors is out of service so we have to run a deck down now.

When we’re in secure programming we now have a special duck drawer to keep them safe while they’re in here but there’s no way we can watch for this in Open House.

Please if you’re giving ducks to the kids it’s better not to bring them into the Oceaneer Club /Lab but to keep them safe and happy in their suitcase! (Dealing with a pretty bad problem of a few ducks that went down the toilets somewhere on deck 5 on the Magic so they’re ripping it out and updating them anyway asap) The manager office got flooded and the nearest restroom for counselors is out of service so we have to run a deck down now.

When we’re in secure programming we now have a special duck drawer to keep them safe while they’re in here but there’s no way we can watch for this in Open House.
It was bound to happen.

Knowing my friend's little one who puts things down the toilet the SECOND she turns her back, I'm not surprised (he's a little ninja) 😂 My favorite story was when he blamed it on his brother's stuffed Jack Skellington

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter