DCP 2014 Fall and Fall Advantage- Accepted!

Hi, I'm Susie. I got accepted to Fall Advantage to be a vacation planner.

I am happy, but I am still debating it. I am 22. I am graduating college in May. So this is my only opportunity to do the program. But, I am graduating and part of me wants a full time job. Disney describes this as a resume enhancer. What happens after doing this? Do people apply to other areas of Disney? Is this enough to live on? For you seniors out there? I have too pay for things and am getting $7.95/hr. Will this be enough?

I just don't know. Can anyone help me with my dilemma about how this program will help me later after it's over? And will I be able to live off what we make? Any other seniors feeling anything similar?

Thanks.

First off, congrats on graduation...I am also graduating in May!

I believe (and this is just me)...you need to ask yourself how important is working for Disney to you? Is it worth waiting to get a full time job? Is it worth the pay cut? If the answer is 'yes' then it is simple! If no...then it is really up to you. Since I am graduating there will be more things I will need to pay for during the DCP, but ultimately in the end...I have wanted to work for Disney since I was 12 and every cent I spend will be worth this experience!

I hope you figure out what to do and best of luck!:dumbo::eeyore:

Thanks Joe! I'm super excited!:goofy::donald::tigger::sulley::ccat:

Its interesting though, I have not seen a lot of photopass acceptances on these boards.

Idk, they might not be here, but on Facebook? It's still early I guess they might start to show up in the next few weeks.

I got accepted this afternoon for attractions! I am surprised at how quickly the process went for me- I was expecting a longer wait.

My school situation is complicated so now I am unsure if I am able to accept. I thought I would have more time to think/figure it out, really. Now I'm not sure what to do! I am super excited to have been accepted but also really worried about whether it will work out or not. :confused:

Got accepted for Merchandise :cool1:

It's been a long time coming; I originally applied about 2 years ago and was devastated when I didn't get in.

Really wanted photopass or attractions but i'm ok with merch!

I too, am concerned about how little money I will be making, especially when compared to my job right now :idea:

Anyone know if you get penalized in the future if you accept now but decline in a month? I'm waiting to hear back from another internship I applied for. :confused3

I did custodial spring 2012! Any questions at all, just ask me!!! I loved my role!!!

That's awesome! Where were you stationed? Also, how are the food discounts? I was going to start a thread about it, but I might as well just ask you lol.

That's awesome! Where were you stationed? Also, how are the food discounts? I was going to start a thread about it, but I might as well just ask you lol.

Epcot Future World was my location. Food discounts were 20-40% off for table service. No quickserv discount for the parks, but there's a discount for quick serve locations at the resorts.

I was accepted for Fall 2014 for QSFB!! It wasn't my choices that I told her over the phone but I am completely looking past it because it is Disney after all! ::yes::

I also was wondering about the post cards...I was accepted March 9th so does anyone know when it should be coming?? Thanks! :eeyore:

I GOT ACCEPTED FOR MERCHANDISE!!!!!!!!!!! ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

I'm freaking out because I just had my interview yesterday, I was expecting to have to wait forever! I'm so excited!!!

I was just accepted for Attractions Fall 2014! AHHHH!!!

But unfortunately I have to wait to accept because I need to talk to financial aid about keeping my scholarships. Has anyone here ever heard of anyone having problems with keeping them?

I was accepted for Fall 2014 for QSFB!! It wasn't my choices that I told her over the phone but I am completely looking past it because it is Disney after all! ::yes:: I also was wondering about the post cards...I was accepted March 9th so does anyone know when it should be coming?? Thanks! :eeyore:

Congrats!!! I don't know about the post cards. I was accepted February 28 and I don't have my post card yet.

I also got accepted Feb28th and still don't have my postcard. I'm super excited to see what it looks like though!:ccat::donald::sulley::tigger:

I was just accepted for Attractions Fall 2014! AHHHH!!!

But unfortunately I have to wait to accept because I need to talk to financial aid about keeping my scholarships. Has anyone here ever heard of anyone having problems with keeping them?

I was wondering about Fafsa too. And your going to love attractions! Just have patience and remember to have fun!

Accepted to fall advantage for transportation! Arriving on June 9th! So psyched! I need roommates! Top choice would be just 1 roommate in one of the 1 bedroom apartments but I'd settle for up to 4 roommates. Want to live at either Vista Way or Chatham. Not 100 percent but I'm leaning towards Chatham. Message me if you're interested! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Hey, Im Chris 21, this will be my first time participating in the program and am unfamiliar with the area and the best way to survive the first day. Any tips? Also, if anyone is looking for roommates let me know. 21+

I was accepted on Feb. 28 for full service food and beverage, so excited!! August can't get here fast enough! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter