DDA Chapter 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a silent auction today at the meet and I knew there was a breakfast with Deb Wills from All Ears. That was really the only one I knew I really wanted. There were some other things, but I knew I had a certain amount of money I could spend. I put a bid in and that was the highest bid for almost two hours. About 10 minutes before the end someone else put in a higher bid, so I just waited and hovered. :lmao: As they were counting down the last 15 seconds, I started writing my name ---slowly and finished with 3 seconds left. But Stephanie was right beside me to put her name down if needed so I could win. So,,,,I won breakfast with Deb which I will take advantage of in December on the Mouse Fest Cruise. I cannot even begin to tell ya'll how happy I am. So Stephanie and I will be joining her in the Roy Disney Suite.

winner.jpg

debwillsandI.jpg

Guess who's coming to breakfast!!!!!:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

This was the highlight of the trip!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

As you can see, Chuckie liked the Sleep Number bed. It was so very comfortable. We have already decided we need to stay both Friday and Saturday nights.

th_sleepnumberbed.jpg

I actually forgot Chuckie at home :eek: but Hal was going to his brother's house and I asked him to bring Chuckie so I could pick him up. I figured it was easier to go there instead of back to my house. So we hooked up the GPS and away we went. Stephanie got to see a little taste of what it looked like driving over a bridge. But she also got to play with it to help us find a restaurant to stop at since we were not going to be able to meet up with some other folks at Perkins. I did not get to choose a voice on mine but we still gave it a name. Rhonda got us where we needed to go!!!

That was the best investment I made.
Help me Rhonda, help, help me Rhonda....:hippie: :hippie: :hippie:

I walked into my house, sat down on the sofa, and promptly fell asleep. I'm going to bed and will post pictures and stuff later.

I just needed to say, this meet was just plain fabulous!!!! We had so much fun. Terry really couldn't have been happier to win her bid. And I just couldn't be happier for her.:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Terry and Stephanie- I am glad you had a fantastic time at the meet. Enjoy your time with Deb Wills on the cruise.

Now I really am heading to bed.

Becky - I am glad your night was not too late nor too much work! Do you get any downtime today?

Stephanie and Terry - WOW! Y'all did it up right. Sounds like a terrific weekend. And something more to look forward to for MouseFest. Congratulations on winning the bid for breakfast, Terry!

Sent them--they are coming from snapfish.com
By the way, because of you, i now have my cousin addicted to flair--think we have sent a ton tonight already!

Thanks! I'll look at them in a little while :) And I'm thinking I haven't been the recipient of any of your flair-sending.... ;) I'll have to check out your board!

So I managed to read the last 10 pages, but have no idea what may have happened in the last 3 weeks. It is hard to believe that 3 weeks have already passed.

We arrived safely home at Noon today. 27 hours of driving about did me in. The kids did well in the truck, but it is just a lot of time in the car. I hope that Beth's family is enjoying the travel time more than we did.

Other than the actual travel time we had a wonderful trip. We did everything that we had hoped to, and enjoyed the time that our extended family were with us. It was however nice to have the last 1 1/2 weeks for just the 5 of us. I'm not even going to try to post details tonight as I am heading to bed. Just wanted everyone to know that we arrived home safely.

As a side note it took us 14 hours to get from Orlando to Frederickburg, VA. We waved as we drove by at 11 PM last night :wave:

I'm sorry, 27 hours?! :faint:

Glad you made it home safely! Now get some rest!

Hi, Jennifer! What happened with MIL?

Good night, Jen!
how did your visit go, Jennifer?

It was fine. As I thought, we just ate dinner and left for the most part. I'm glad we went, just because SIL (who might actually be starting to mature, finally :rolleyes:) was VERY excited to have us over her new house. That made me feel a little better, because she hasn't done anything wrong (in a while ;)). We also ate Graeters ice cream on the way home, so it's ok. :teeth: Today though, we're going to figure out what's going on with their visit this weekend. As long as they don't end up here for 12+ hours including overnight, I think it will just be on to the next time :rolleyes:

I want the link too, please... pno4te@aol.com

And what is this "flair" you all keep talking about? I need another addiction.

Hmm... it's kind of a long story. Are you familiar with facebook? If so, that would make it shorter ;) It's a social networking page. When I was a freshman in college, some people at Harvard started it among about 7 colleges, and Miami was one of them. After about 3 months I lost interest, but in the last year or so it has made a ridiculous "comeback", and everyone I know - including my mother and grandmother - has an account. Sadly, it's the best way to keep in touch with a lot of people I need to! :rotfl:

Anyway, there is an "application" on there that I guess you could explain as a virtual pin collection :) It's actually buttons, arranged on a cork board that is displayed on your profile. It's neat because there are buttons for everything (or you can make your own), so it's either very funny sometimes to look at them, or just very insightful into someone's personalities, etc - that's my favorite part about it.

I haven't updated mine in a while, but here's the gist. I don't think it could become too large an addiction (such as, say Webkinz or Disneyworld ;)), but it's very cute! Of course, on the application you can mouse-over buttons to see them in better detail. They also look really sharp as a flash program, instead of a screen capture ;)

flairexample.jpg

I know what I forgot to do today!

KAREN...

1cbea064.gif

Happy Birthday, Karen! :goodvibes

At one point while sitting at our table, a gentleman sits down by me and lo and behold, it was Dave Anderson the imagineer who worked with Walt Disney. His talk was great. Such wonderful stories.

There was a silent auction today at the meet and I knew there was a breakfast with Deb Wills from All Ears. That was really the only one I knew I really wanted. There were some other things, but I knew I had a certain amount of money I could spend. I put a bid in and that was the highest bid for almost two hours. About 10 minutes before the end someone else put in a higher bid, so I just waited and hovered. :lmao: As they were counting down the last 15 seconds, I started writing my name ---slowly and finished with 3 seconds left. But Stephanie was right beside me to put her name down if needed so I could win. So,,,,I won breakfast with Deb which I will take advantage of in December on the Mouse Fest Cruise. I cannot even begin to tell ya'll how happy I am. So Stephanie and I will be joining her in the Roy Disney Suite.

Very cool! It sounds like you're having a wonderful time. Thanks for popping in, and sharing pictures! :goodvibes

Hmm... it's kind of a long story. Are you familiar with facebook? If so, that would make it shorter ;) It's a social networking page. When I was a freshman in college, some people at Harvard started it among about 7 colleges, and Miami was one of them. After about 3 months I lost interest, but in the last year or so it has made a ridiculous "comeback", and everyone I know - including my mother and grandmother - has an account. Sadly, it's the best way to keep in touch with a lot of people I need to! :rotfl:

Anyway, there is an "application" on there that I guess you could explain as a virtual pin collection :) It's actually buttons, arranged on a cork board that is displayed on your profile. It's neat because there are buttons for everything (or you can make your own), so it's either very funny sometimes to look at them, or just very insightful into someone's personalities, etc - that's my favorite part about it.

I haven't updated mine in a while, but here's the gist. I don't think it could become too large an addiction (such as, say Webkinz or Disneyworld ;)), but it's very cute! Of course, on the application you can mouse-over buttons to see them in better detail. They also look really sharp as a flash program, instead of a screen capture ;)

flairexample.jpg

Got it, thanks! I am very familiar with facebook, although I don't have an account. :rotfl:

Beth glad you are having a good time, enjoy the rest of your trip!

Anne Marie your t-shirts look wonderful :thumbsup2

Tom glad to hear your mother is doing better, continued :wizard:

Becky hope you find the trainers you need soon :wizard:

Jennifer hope Virginia is feeling better today :wizard:

Glynis I hope you are feeling better, take care of yourself & the little peanut :hug:

Jen welcome back! I would love the link to your pictures.

Tammi glad to hear the kids made it safely!

Anne Marie good luck to Dana on the promotion, I hope it works out for all of you!

Deb welcome back, look forward to hearing about your trip!

Elin & Tammi sounds like you had a nice evening together!

Karen Happy Belated Birthday :bday:

Debbie congratulations on the post count!

Terry thanks for sharing your pictures, sounds like you & Stephanie had a wonderful time! Congratulations on winning the bid for breakfast with Deb :thumbsup2

Jennifer glad to hear you survived the visit with mil!

Yesterday was a long day as I had feared, but I enjoyed it! I got up at 4:45am & was at work before 6am. Got as much work done as possible & headed to Riley's 1st game at noon. We had about an hour & a half breather before the next game so we came home. Riley had a bite to eat & I took a 1/2 hour nap :)

Back out to the park at 3pm & they played 2 games back to back, finally made it over to mil's a little after 8pm. I was not able to stay long as I had to get back to work to finish up a few things. It was nice meeting Tobbe's friends from Sweden though. Made it home a little after 10pm, ate a sandwich, took a shower & that was that :rotfl:

Besides practice, Riley & his team have no more games till next weekend. Now I need to find a hotel for the night as they will be playing Saturday & Sunday & the drive is about 2 hours away.

It was so humid out yesterday, I do not know how I am going to handle this in Florida :confused:

Got it, thanks! I am very familiar with facebook, although I don't have an account. :rotfl:

Ahh.... I forgot you teach, and recently had college daughters. I should have bet it had at least come up in conversation!

You are just too funny sometimes. Your posts always make me :rotfl: .

Glad to be of service! ;)

Welcome Home Jen and Deb!

Welcome home, Brooks Clan! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! :thumbsup2

We just got back from a Welcome Home bbq at our niece's house, her Dad just got back from a tour in Kuwait. My SIL and BIL are going to Disney the week before we do, they said we should change our week, sorry I would rather meet you guys.

Good choice! :) We are looking forawrd to meeting you and Richie!

I guess 2000 is a good place to say good night, thanks for all the conversations!

Congrats, Debbie!!

Jennifer, I don't think I ever told you congrats for your milestone the other day! So, Congrats! :)

Hi Terry, sounds like you are having a nice time. Congrats on wining breakfast with Deb.

Terry & Stephanie, sounds like an absolutely brilliant weekend! :goodvibes Have fun at breakfast with Deb Wills! She seems very nice. I had e-mailed to thank her for being so dedicated to the fight against breast cancer and she sent back a very sweet reply. That goes a long way in my book, because I know she is very busy.

My sisters both have FaceBook or My Space or whatever those things are. Not my cup of tea. I imagine DS will want one eventually, but so far he isn't interested.
Glad you and Tammi had a nice evening! :)

It's SUITCASE day! :banana: Unfortunately I have a wicked headache. It started yesterday afternoon and it has waxed and waned since then. Guess I should take some ibuprofen and quit whining. :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday, Karen!!

Jen, I love your pictures! You guys look like you had such a good time, despite lots of rain! :) I especially love the one where you are sitting behind the castle, shooting it upwards. :goodvibes

FYI, the Karen you all are wishing a Happy Birthday is Karebear1.

I was confused because I knew "our" Karen (lovespoohbear) has a January birthday like me!

:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Today is Paula's birthday though!

Happy Birthday Paula!

Hope you all are having a magical time at Disneyland!!!

party: :bday: :cake: :bday: party:

Elizabeth :yay: for suitcases.

Hope you headache goes away quickly. :wizard:

winner.jpg

debwillsandI.jpg
That's terrific! Congrats!

I'm going to have to postpone my catch-up session, because Noah is pitching a fit, and I need to pack for the pool/birthday party that Alyssa gets to go to at noon.

We also have the possibility of another birthday party at 4:30 p.m. but it may be cancelled if my friend went into labor last night/this morning (she's due on 7/22).

Hope everyone has a great day! :wave2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter