DDA Chapter 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish her a happy 16th! I'm sure she'll be totally surprised! Is this the first time the girls will be in a pool/waterpark? What kind of cake? :teeth:

Sounds like an Elizabeth question!

I hope your weather improves.

checking in....we came home last night. Thank god we did...it started snowing like crazy at midnight and is still snowing. We are buried...all schools are closed.

Glad you made it home! Do the kids have to go back at all next week or is this an extended Christmas vacation for them?

I have a little bit of miscellaneous shopping that needs to be done and then I am off to our staff luncheon. Talk to you all tonight!

today was the last day of school...they are off for 2 weeks.....I had pulled them out a few days early for the trip

Glad you made it home! Do the kids have to go back at all next week or is this an extended Christmas vacation for them?

Tom - I hope Leighanna is feeling better today.

Marci - :wizard: for Andrew.

Elin - It's almost over and then you can concentrate on the trip. Every morning the kids and I talk about how you leave for WDW in a few days. We are all very jealous.

Kristine - I'm glad you are home safely.

Vicki - good decision. Stay put until it's safe.

Jennifer - what a great present for your sister! How did you get the friends to keep the secret? Happy sweet 16 to her!

Vicki good call on staying one more night. Hope your drive home tomorrow is a good one.

Tom hope Leighanna is feeling better soon, and that you can get some sleep. :wizard:

Our crappy weather started just befor 9 and its snow mixed with sleet. :rolleyes: It couldn't just snow for a change, it always has to have ice too? :headache:

Well I see I am talking to myself yet again, so I am going to start our new home early.

Here is the link - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=29234640#post29234640

you silly goose!!

You aren't talking to yourself.

Hope all of the kiddies who are sick feel better quickly!!

Hope everybody's weather clears (Vicki-glad you decided to stay at work...better safe than sorry)

Good luck on tests

Hope everybody gets themselves packed (Tia, Elin) or unpacked (Janet's kitchen) safely and quickly!!

Jennifer-you are one cool older sister!!

the girls are home for a little more than 2 weeks!!:lovestruc and our weather stinks for the first couple of days (15 the high this weekend:scared: )

So I have been home for a half an hour. My car is covered with ice already. I only went to the Berks office for a few hours. It was storming already at 6am. It is mostly freezing rain here, but sleet and snow had been mixed in. The roads are quite slippery and not pleasant to drive on. Some of the schools nearby are still open for regular hours. The schools near the Allentown office were closed before 7am.

I am supposed to help my neighbor with a party tonight, he has 4 parties. I can only imagine how bad the roads will be till that time. I hope they are cancelled, but who knows what will happen.

I hope you all stay safe in this weather.

Tom - I hope Leighanna is feeling better today.

Marci - :wizard: for Andrew.

Elin - It's almost over and then you can concentrate on the trip. Every morning the kids and I talk about how you leave for WDW in a few days. We are all very jealous.

Kristine - I'm glad you are home safely.

Vicki - good decision. Stay put until it's safe.

Jennifer - what a great present for your sister! How did you get the friends to keep the secret? Happy sweet 16 to her!

I am going to ditto your post post Tammi, Thank you :goodvibes

Kristine I am so glad to hear you came home last night, I was really worried about you all traveling today :goodvibes

School was canceled here today as well, it is a very icy mess out there!

is it still snowing by you? it has finally stopped here. I keep hoping my snow crew will show up soon...but I am thinking it may be tonight :eek:

Kristine I am so glad to hear you came home last night, I was really worried about you all traveling today :goodvibes

School was canceled here today as well, it is a very icy mess out there!

is it still snowing by you? it has finally stopped here. I keep hoping my snow crew will show up soon...but I am thinking it may be tonight :eek:

Actually we did not get much snow, mostly freezing rain! But yes thank goodness it has stopped. Gary is heading outside right now to try & salt our drive to get it to break up.

Off to our new home & to tell you all about our early awakening this morning :eek:

Deb nice pictures, how is the elbow?

Just below my elbow is turning very black. I'm really babying it as it hurts if it gets bumped.

I think both your kids are in the back middle of their respective picture. Am I right? Do I win a prize?

You are right :thumbsup2 Hunter is so short it was hard to see him at all

The roads are quite bad here right now and it sounds like they are worse between here & home. Some places have a winter warning until 7pm tonight and others are until 3pm. I have a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Do I stay the night or try to make it home? Hmmm? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Stay the night

Busy day today.... my sister turned 16 on Tuesday :-)eek:) and we had dinner at my parents on Monday to celebrate. Kyle and I got her a new cell phone, which she thinks is her present (well, I suppose it is). Today though, we're surprising her with a stay at Great Wolf Lodge for her and a few friends, as well as day passes for the rest of us. She didn't even think about a big party (much sweeter than me.... lol... I pretty much demanded a big one, clubhouse, catering and all :rolleyes1 (boy am I in trouble if my girls are like I was then! :faint:), so I know she will appreciate this. It's the perfect day for an indoor waterpark, too -- freezing and pouring!

I'm in the middle of making a cake, then the girls and I are heading over around 3 to check in and get everything set up. The reservation is for a 2-story premium fireplace loft -- 3 beds plus a pull out, 3 flat screen TVs and DVD players for each (really? :rolleyes: ), a kitchenette, etc.... should be pretty nice! :goodvibes (We got a great deal, too!)

Have a great day!

Can I be your sister too? My 40th is in September :rolleyes1

We are expecting the storm to start here at any moment. We are expecting a foot of snow by morning. Of course I'm working tonight :rolleyes:

Wish her a happy 16th! I'm sure she'll be totally surprised! Is this the first time the girls will be in a pool/waterpark? What kind of cake? :teeth:

It's still raining here - I really doubt it will stop anytime soon - we must have an inch of slushy crap everywhere...nothing is draining because the ground is frozen...

It will be the girls first time in a pool, if we get in with them. I'm not sure what they have, or what time Kyle will get there (and what the girls temperament will be when he does!). We may or may not go back tomorrow, depending on whether Kyle gets called in to work or not... we'll see! Avery hated the fountain we dipped her in at Millennium Park, so my guess is she won't be a big fan of this either, though she does love bathtime :confused3

The cake is just boxed cake mix (funfetti, Cassi's favorite) with our buttercream icing. And it's not nearly as fancy as Robyn's! :blush: (Yes, the cake is supposed to be "topsy turvy". The pan is, in fact, called that ;))

150-cassicake1219.jpg

Speaking of Robyn...

151-averywithpresent1219.jpg

152-averywithpaper1219.jpg

Thank you, Emma! :goodvibes:

153-ornament1219.jpg

(Whoa.... definitely need another picture of that!)

And the girls showing off (and chewing on) their books.... thank you Emma, Molly and Lucy! princess:

154-girlswithbooks121.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter