DDA Chapter 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vicki -- did you get the email from WDW endurance? There's a princess breakfast the morning after the 5K Family races that we'll definitely be attending!

I saw that and wondered if you would be attending. I'll talk to Chuck because I also would love to attend.

I have a few photos to share.

th_December2008008.jpg

th_December2008007.jpg

th_December2008001-1.jpg

th_December2008021.jpg

So instead of Where's Waldo you can search for my kids :lmao:

I think both your kids are in the back middle of their respective picture. Am I right? Do I win a prize?

The roads are quite bad here right now and it sounds like they are worse between here & home. Some places have a winter warning until 7pm tonight and others are until 3pm. I have a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Do I stay the night or try to make it home? Hmmm? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Tia I hope all is well with you, looks like St. Louis got hit with a lot of ice as well.

We weren't too bad. Some on Mon plus bitter cold, enough to cancel school. An inch of snow on top of it Tues, but no cancelled schools as it was the first day of finals and they try hard not to cancel. Yesterday's icy rain didn't start until late and then it warmed up to 53 overnight and is
now 57 so it's just raining. We had that hard rain last night right when I went to leave the mall. I just need it to stay decent on Sunday morning so that our flight can get out. Keep safe everyone in the icinesses path!!!

Andrew got a 98 on his math test yesterday (96 plus 2 pts. extra credit). Today are his killer tests. It was so cute yesterday. When I picked him up, a car pulled up next to us with girls from his grade in it waving to him. He ducked in the seat. How uncool is that! Then, two girls from his class have been texting him. He was so happy to have girls that are friends. I think he has a crush on at least one of them.

Today is my last official day of work, though I will be working some next week and checking e-mail. I so need this break!

Have a good day DDA!

Hope today's exams go well! Enjoy your week off.

Good morning, DDA! Well, needless to say with 5 kids running around yesterday not a lot got done. I did manage to wrap a few presents though which is more than I expected to accomplish. I also located a suitcase so I can start packing (my handle won't pull out and mom's big one is missing - probably at Erin's). Chris brought over their big suitcase and it's even a little bigger than mine so that is good. I'm trying to figure out how to maximize return luggage to bring back gifts without having to pay to check half-empty suitcases. I think I'm going to pack bags in bags if the to CA gifts allow so I can hopefully only check 1 outbound but have the option of 3 for the return. Danged stupid luggage fees! Combined with not knowing how much and how big everyone is buying for Terra it's hard to plan.

Otherwise, my to do list before we leave is long and distinguised so I guess I had better get moving on it. I'm also hoping to call my friend and meet up for our lunch that got cancelled by ice on Monday.

The best news though is that I've almost got our DL tickets worked out and I think we're going to get to Park Hop!!!! Terra will be exstatic. We were watching our Day at Disneyland movie from the mid-90s and it has the Mainstreet Electric Parade in it. Terra was begging for us to get to see it. I had to tell her the park hopper option was just too expensive. Now I can surprise her with that, Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin! Happy dance time! :banana:

I have a couple of quick things I'd love some advice on...

1. Where in the heck can I buy a simple set of kids play dishes? I can't seem to find them anywhere. Then the couple I have found, the silverwear has metal tops. Um, Kaylin and Chase certainly don't need metal forks to run around with! The others I find are all porcelain. I'm headed to Toys R Us today in hopes that they have something in stock.

2. I am getting Terra a camera for Christmas. I ended up just getting a kids one for now as it went on a really good sale this week. Anyway, I am trying to decide whether to give it to her early so that she can take it to Disneyland with us. On the one hand she could get good use out of it right away. On the other hand, she may not have many presents to open on Christmas as I'm not bringing them all out with us. We'll open everything from my family and many of the ones from us on the 28th when we're back home.

Good Morning DDA!

Angie said that Leighanna was up several times last night throwing up. Hopefully she will be better after she sleeps in a little bit.

I hope Leighanna is on the mend already, today!

I saw that and wondered if you would be attending. I'll talk to Chuck because I also would love to attend.

We signed up as soon as we got the email. I don't think the girls will have a preference either way, but a princess breakfast with no fighting for ADRs was too good to pass up! ;)

Good morning, DDA! Well, needless to say with 5 kids running around yesterday not a lot got done. I did manage to wrap a few presents though which is more than I expected to accomplish. I also located a suitcase so I can start packing (my handle won't pull out and mom's big one is missing - probably at Erin's). Chris brought over their big suitcase and it's even a little bigger than mine so that is good. I'm trying to figure out how to maximize return luggage to bring back gifts without having to pay to check half-empty suitcases. I think I'm going to pack bags in bags if the to CA gifts allow so I can hopefully only check 1 outbound but have the option of 3 for the return. Danged stupid luggage fees! Combined with not knowing how much and how big everyone is buying for Terra it's hard to plan.

Otherwise, my to do list before we leave is long and distinguised so I guess I had better get moving on it. I'm also hoping to call my friend and meet up for our lunch that got cancelled by ice on Monday.

The best news though is that I've almost got our DL tickets worked out and I think we're going to get to Park Hop!!!! Terra will be exstatic. We were watching our Day at Disneyland movie from the mid-90s and it has the Mainstreet Electric Parade in it. Terra was begging for us to get to see it. I had to tell her the park hopper option was just too expensive. Now I can surprise her with that, Toy Story Midway Mania and Soarin! Happy dance time! :banana:

You're going to have such a good time!!! I think I would probably just give her the camera for Disneyland.... that would be so special, for her to be able to take her own pictures! Does she think her presents come from Santa? Or how would you work that out? If not, I think you could just give her a heads up that most of her presents will be waiting for her at home, but this one is special so she can open it early. I think she would love to be able to have her own while you're there!

Elin -- are all of the programs over yet? I hope they went well. Are you excited about your trip?

Three more today/tonight! After they are over I will get excited. I am just so tired that I think that is why I am not the least bit yet. I am packed, but Bob is not. He is on vacation starting today so that is his job so I don't have to think about it any more.

We have our staff Christmas luncheon today and then recitals start at 2:30. I am hoping to be home by 8:00 at the very latest. Then I can get excited!

Sounds like Andrew is doing well on his exams. Good for him!

As far as the luggage goes... once it is purchase from a retailer like Macy's I believe it is the responsibility of the manufacturer to do any repairs. I'm not familiar with the location in your area that you are considering, but it might be easier to have any repairs done there. Ifind having to pack up a piece of luggage and mail it away to be repaired and wait for it to come back to be a horrible waste of time. That is why I bought my new suitcase. Having the old one repaired would have cost too much in shipping and the time waiting was going to be weeks.

Busy day today.... my sister turned 16 on Tuesday :-)eek:) and we had dinner at my parents on Monday to celebrate. Kyle and I got her a new cell phone, which she thinks is her present (well, I suppose it is). Today though, we're surprising her with a stay at Great Wolf Lodge for her and a few friends, as well as day passes for the rest of us. She didn't even think about a big party (much sweeter than me.... lol... I pretty much demanded a big one, clubhouse, catering and all :rolleyes1 (boy am I in trouble if my girls are like I was then! :faint:), so I know she will appreciate this. It's the perfect day for an indoor waterpark, too -- freezing and pouring!

I'm in the middle of making a cake, then the girls and I are heading over around 3 to check in and get everything set up. The reservation is for a 2-story premium fireplace loft -- 3 beds plus a pull out, 3 flat screen TVs and DVD players for each (really? :rolleyes: ), a kitchenette, etc.... should be pretty nice! :goodvibes (We got a great deal, too!)

Have a great day!

The roads are quite bad here right now and it sounds like they are worse between here & home. Some places have a winter warning until 7pm tonight and others are until 3pm. I have a 4-wheel drive vehicle. Do I stay the night or try to make it home? Hmmm? Decisions, decisions, decisions.

What is the forecast for tomorrow? That would determine what I would do for sure! Good luck

You're going to have such a good time!!! I think I would probably just give her the camera for Disneyland.... that would be so special, for her to be able to take her own pictures! Does she think her presents come from Santa? Or how would you work that out? If not, I think you could just give her a heads up that most of her presents will be waiting for her at home, but this one is special so she can open it early. I think she would love to be able to have her own while you're there!

Only one of her presents will come from Santa and that's not the one she asked him for. (That's the Ponyville Amusement Park that I've got to figure out how to get to CA. It's definitely coming out of the box so that should help.) I'm definitely leaning towards giving it to her. I'm thinking that I'll give it to her to unwrap that morning.

Speaking of the Santa part, my best friend and I do Santa totally differently which should be interesting! I'm thinking the explanation is that Santa would get bored doing the same thing at every house so he likes to mix it up a little - wrapping here, not wrapping there, etc.

Busy day today.... my sister turned 16 on Tuesday :-)eek:) and we had dinner at my parents on Monday to celebrate. Kyle and I got her a new cell phone, which she thinks is her present (well, I suppose it is). Today though, we're surprising her with a stay at Great Wolf Lodge for her and a few friends, as well as day passes for the rest of us. She didn't even think about a big party (much sweeter than me.... lol... I pretty much demanded a big one, clubhouse, catering and all :rolleyes1 (boy am I in trouble if my girls are like I was then! :faint:), so I know she will appreciate this. It's the perfect day for an indoor waterpark, too -- freezing and pouring!

I'm in the middle of making a cake, then the girls and I are heading over around 3 to check in and get everything set up. The reservation is for a 2-story premium fireplace loft -- 3 beds plus a pull out, 3 flat screen TVs and DVD players for each (really? :rolleyes: ), a kitchenette, etc.... should be pretty nice! :goodvibes (We got a great deal, too!)

Have a great day!

Sounds like a great surprise!!! I'm sure she'll love it. Happy 16th!!!!

Have a great day!

That sounds like a lovely thing to do for your sister, Jennifer! Have a ball, and wish her a happy birthday from me. :goodvibes

Well, the baby is sleeping and Terra isn't up yet. I'm thinking I should really be using this time to wrap some of the gifts that need to be kept hidden. Also a good time to unpackage Ponyville and get it hidden in the suitcase. Hmm, this packing thing should be interesting. Catch you all after while!

What is the forecast for tomorrow? That would determine what I would do for sure! Good luck

The storm is supposed to be over tonight by 7pm. I have decided to stay. I've extended my stay one more night and I'm heading in to the office now. Have a great day DDA!

The storm is supposed to be over tonight by 7pm. I have decided to stay. I've extended my stay one more night and I'm heading in to the office now. Have a great day DDA!

Good choice, I think, Vicki. Enjoy your quiet time tonight!

Have a great day!

Wish her a happy 16th! I'm sure she'll be totally surprised! Is this the first time the girls will be in a pool/waterpark? What kind of cake? :teeth:

It's still raining here - I really doubt it will stop anytime soon - we must have an inch of slushy crap everywhere...nothing is draining because the ground is frozen...

checking in....we came home last night. Thank god we did...it started snowing like crazy at midnight and is still snowing. We are buried...all schools are closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter