DDA Chapter 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, DDA!

Kristine - I'm so sorry for Joe and his roomates/family. :grouphug:

Robyn: Happy Birthday!!!

Lots of "feel better" :wizard: all around.

Sorry to have missed so much again. :( My cold (or whatever) lasted the majority of last week and wiped my energy by 3pm most days. Between Kaylin and garage sale stuff, I couldn't go anymore. Then Saturday my recurring stomach issues started up. Sat evening was terrible doubled-over in pain. Sun was better, but not by much and today isn't bad. I did see the doctor this morning in hopes that seeing someone while the pain is in progress would shed some light. She doesn't know, but is leaning against IBS (unless it's an atypical version) and things there is an obstruction or a small chance of diverticulitis. I'm doing at CT scan on Wed to see what's there. If they don't see anything, then we'll look back to atypical IBS. I just want it to stop. The pains may not come often, but they are incapacitating when they do, then drain all of my energy on top of that.

For now though, I've got to finish catching up on all of the things I didn't do last week including getting ready for my Daisy meeting tomorrow, catching up on almost a week's worth of emails, laundry and cleaning up the rest of the garage sale stuff. Erin is having a Pampered Chef party here tonight so it's got to be at least mostly company-ready. (And, no, we don't want to discuss whether she's here or coming to help see to that part. :mad::headache: I'm more focused on whether she's bringing me money for last week when she does get here. :rolleyes1)

Okay, enough rants from me for the day! ;) I hope everyone is doing well and that the sick DDA kiddos are on the mend soon!

I did see the doctor this morning in hopes that seeing someone while the pain is in progress would shed some light. She doesn't know, but is leaning against IBS (unless it's an atypical version) and things there is an obstruction or a small chance of diverticulitis. I'm doing at CT scan on Wed to see what's there. If they don't see anything, then we'll look back to atypical IBS. I just want it to stop. The pains may not come often, but they are incapacitating when they do, then drain all of my energy on top of that.

I just posted on facebook asking if the doctor was looking into this, Tia! I was diagnosed with IBS almost 20 years ago. The pains can be debilitating, I agree! Having a diagnosis is the beginning of feeling better, imho. Then you learn what it is that triggers it and they there is (mostly) much less to deal with. I hope they get to the bottom of it very soon. :hug:

I just posted on facebook asking if the doctor was looking into this, Tia! I was diagnosed with IBS almost 20 years ago. The pains can be debilitating, I agree! Having a diagnosis is the beginning of feeling better, imho. They you learn what it is that triggers it and they there is (mostly) much less to deal with. I hope they get to the bottom of it very soon. :hug:

Thanks, Elin! I've leaned toward that for awhile, but she said it wasn't typical of that, at least. There are definitely some food triggers, but this time around I can't pinpoint anything exact. She did give me some diet changes to start immediately in any event and we'll go from there after the scan. As Elizabeth just posted on FB too, I hope it's conclusive! I get tired of inconclusive tests after awhile and that's why I give up figuring out the cause from time to time.

Thanks, Elin! I've leaned toward that for awhile, but she said it wasn't typical of that, at least. There are definitely some food triggers, but this time around I can't pinpoint anything exact. She did give me some diet changes to start immediately in any event and we'll go from there after the scan. As Elizabeth just posted on FB too, I hope it's conclusive! I get tired of inconclusive tests after awhile and that's why I give up figuring out the cause from time to time.

Tia - FWIW... mine is not triggered so much by food but by stress. There are a few food triggers, but not much. About 6 weeks following a particularly stressful time I will have a flare-up.

Metro Atlanta is having a major flood. We have gotten 18-24" of rain in the last 24 hrs alone with an additional 8-10" since last Tues (has been raining solid for a week). Supposed to keep up for 2-3 more days. All schools are closed, many residential areas flooded, 6 deaths so far, and many interstates closed. Took me 2 hrs to get to work tonight. It is a huge mess! So we went from a drought for 3 yrs with complete outdoor watering ban and all kinds of water restrictions to a 100 year flood. Crazy!

Metro Atlanta is having a major flood. We have gotten 18-24" of rain in the last 24 hrs alone with an additional 8-10" since last Tues (has been raining solid for a week). Supposed to keep up for 2-3 more days. All schools are closed, many residential areas flooded, 6 deaths so far, and many interstates closed. Took me 2 hrs to get to work tonight. It is a huge mess! So we went from a drought for 3 yrs with complete outdoor watering ban and all kinds of water restrictions to a 100 year flood. Crazy!

Stay safe Denise!

Here is the link for the new thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2288834

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter