DDA Chapter 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a gorgeous day here! The sun is shining, and it's not too hot, yet. The leaves are beginning to turn red and orange. The girls and I have been up for quite some time, cleaning the house. Then, we harvested the grapes, and they are now being juiced. Tomorrow or Monday I'll bottle the grape juice, and that will be that! I love looking at those pretty bottles of juice on my pantry shelves, and the kids love drinking it through the winter! I sure wish my tomatoes had done better this year! I'm about out of bottled tomatoes, salsa and spaghetti sauce! Guess we'll be buying those things this year.

Timothy is down for a nap, but once he's up, we'll be off on our fun filled weekend. We have to go to the library first, and then we'll decide what to do next. The girls want to see Up, so that's one option. The yearly Witch Festival is going on at Gardner Village (remember that, Theresa???), so we could pop over there to see what's going on and get some fudge or caramel apples. We'll see. Guess I should charge the camera battery in case we decide to go there.

Talk to y'all later!

I do remember....gosh I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've seen you all.

We were discussing U of U today....the next overnight campus visit they have that Cassidy can go to is in November. I can't believe how quickly senior year is moving. We are going to do visits to 2 other colleges here soon.....:guilty:

Here's an awful story for you...

My nephew Joe who is the same age as Jonathan, also lives in an apartment near his college. He has 2 roommates.....Joe and roommate 2 were in and out all day on Friday....and did not see or hear from the 3rd kid all day. That night they started to get worried. They ended up going into his room...and found him dead in bed.

Isn't that horrible, horrifying etc etc etc.

I feel awful for the dead kid, his family and Joe who is traumatized by the event.

Sad tale indeed

oh my....that is terrible. Poor family and poor Joe and other roommate.

Sorry the day didn't go as planned, Glynis. Hopefully you and the girls will have a fun movie night. :hug:

We had the first home game of the season today....the football team trounced it's opponent (42-7....the 7 was scored after the continous run clock was set in motion 2 minutes into the 3rd quarter). We then had a couple of errands to run; We had to replace our 3rd keyboard in three months (it was just time for the first, second was a peice of you know what, I noodled the 3rd one last (that one was given to us and was tempremental to begin with)), get butter, cat food, mundane stuff like that. It is now 7 and we haven't had supper yet and I overdid it....so I'm grumpy, hungry and in pain...the trifecta of meanness. I made Jim make supper...no way I would have been able to.

Weather here has been beautiful....summer's last hurrah. :cutie:

I'm off to bed. I have a very busy week-end. We are migrating 700+ machines to the state standard this week-end in Lansing & Detroit. We have around 40-50 staff working. I need to oversee the project. We are upgrading $15,000 worth of memory and replacing approx. 125 computers. Hopefully, it will be only minor issues. With a project this large, you can't expect it to be totally uneventful.
:wizard::wizard:I hope this all goes well.

Here's an awful story for you...

My nephew Joe who is the same age as Jonathan, also lives in an apartment near his college. He has 2 roommates.....Joe and roommate 2 were in and out all day on Friday....and did not see or hear from the 3rd kid all day. That night they started to get worried. They ended up going into his room...and found him dead in bed.

Isn't that horrible, horrifying etc etc etc.

I feel awful for the dead kid, his family and Joe who is traumatized by the event.

Sad tale indeed

:eek::eek:How horrible. :hug:

Its been a busy day here. We just ordered new carpeting for the house so I decided to work on my room. I went crazy and threw out all old stuff that I dont need..packed up some stuff and put it in the basement..took out some furniture, rearranged my room, took down the border, spackled and tomorrow i will paint! I am exhausted!!

You're going to be exhausted by the time you go back to work.

Chris, Colby and I had a nice day at the car show. We saw a lot of unique, expensive and beautiful cars. They had several kids activities and Colby won a first place trophy in one event. He now has trophies from 3 different years. He is very pleased with himself :thumbsup2 Chris is full of new ideas for his street rod so he is itching to get going again.

Tomorrow Chris, Hunter and I are going to the NASCAR race in NH. The weather is supposed to be gorgeous so it should be a great day. I guess we'll have to find something to do with Nick one on one sometime soon.

I do remember....gosh I can't believe it's been almost a year since I've seen you all.

We were discussing U of U today....the next overnight campus visit they have that Cassidy can go to is in November. I can't believe how quickly senior year is moving. We are going to do visits to 2 other colleges here soon.....:guilty:

This whole senior year is going to fly by. Mostly because you don't want it to. Let me know when you guys come in November, ok?

Marci, I had no idea you were at the house when Tex died! How horrible!!:hug: There is an Albertson's (2 actually) over near Princess's house. Momboss said she will pay for the shot if I decide not to go to the Dr. and have it done through my insurance. I just need to get off my butt and go find someplace to have it done. :rolleyes:

Glynis, sorry about the window. Hopefully it won't be too terrible to fix. :wizard:

So DS and I ended up watching "Into the Woods" on DVD on my laptop. We just watched Act I, because that is all their show will have. And it is quite a complete show! He seems more excited now. I hope he gets a part. He said he wouldn't mind a role other than Jack, so at least he is keeping an open mind.

Marci, I had no idea you were at the house when Tex died! How horrible!!:hug: There is an Albertson's (2 actually) over near Princess's house. Momboss said she will pay for the shot if I decide not to go to the Dr. and have it done through my insurance. I just need to get off my butt and go find someplace to have it done. :rolleyes:

Glynis, sorry about the window. Hopefully it won't be too terrible to fix. :wizard:

So DS and I ended up watching "Into the Woods" on DVD on my laptop. We just watched Act I, because that is all their show will have. And it is quite a complete show! He seems more excited now. I hope he gets a part. He said he wouldn't mind a role other than Jack, so at least he is keeping an open mind.

I love "Into the Woods"! You should let your son watch the second act. It's the best act! He'd really like Jack if you let him see Act 2. Jack is the turning force of the rest of the play! I like that Act 2 shows what happens AFTER Happily Ever After.

Good luck to your son!

I love "Into the Woods"! You should let your son watch the second act. It's the best act! He'd really like Jack if you let him see Act 2. Jack is the turning force of the rest of the play! I like that Act 2 shows what happens AFTER Happily Ever After.

Good luck to your son!

I will have to see if he wants to watch Act II tomorrow. He was getting tired so we turned it off and I sent him in to take a shower. I figured if I could get him to at least watch the first part that it might be the "hook" to get him interested in being in the show. He has kind of waffled all week. I think he is more nervous than anything.

I wanted to go to Citricos during our December trip, but it apparently has a set menu for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. :mad: I want their regular menu, thank you vey much!

I wanted to go to Citricos during our December trip, but it apparently has a set menu for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. :mad: I want their regular menu, thank you vey much!

I wanted to go there in December, too, but we decided not to. Too much of a nightmare to leave MK and try to get back in after dinner on our MVMCP night.

Did you all have the flu tests done when you got home and were sick? I can't remember! There are no flu kits left in our area right now apparently so pediatricians are treating all the kids as if what they have is the flu.

Also, I would think the hospital would be the best one to determine whether or not you need the shots. Don't they know you were sick? :confused3

yes I had a flu test and it was positive, but they did not send it off for testing to find out which one it was. As they treat them the same. But most Dr.s are saying it was swine

I think I broke the online ADR system this morning. :eek:

I got most of what we wanted for our December trip, but when I got to booking Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas Day dinner I ran into problems. I can get CA Grill on Christmas Eve but the system is too busy to respond to my request for Narcoossee's that night.

I can get Jiko for Christmas night but again the system can't respond to the request for bluezoo or Flying Fish.

I have CA Grill and Jiko booked but we really don't want to eat at either place! :rotfl: Oh, and I have only been at this for 2 hours this morning. Please note that it is only 5:43 ...

happy-birthday-007.gif

Robyn!!

Good morning everyone! Its football day :) Im hoping to get my room painted and then ill be relaxing and watching football all day--of course, my team has the late game tonight!
Hope everyone has a great day

Happy Birthday Robyn!

I hope you have a great day
(and I hope your household is feeling better)!

party::bday::cake::bday:party:

How did the cake turn out? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter