DDA Chapter 4

bear74

DIS Veteran
This thread is a continuation of the DDA Trouble Free Zone and DDA Chapter 3.

DDA originally stood for Disney Design Addicts as most of the posters were addicted to making t-shirt designs. Those designers are still here and many many more people have joined our friendly community. We think that DDA still fits whether you be a Disney Design Addict, Dear Disney Addict, Disney Dream-aholics, Disney Dream Addicts or whatever other acronymn you'd like to throw in there.

Welcome to all the returning posters and welcome to any newcomers that might like to chat about design and all things Disney.

Copied from Deb because she worded it so well.

Original Thread part 1
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=992815

Original Thread part 2
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1717556

DDA Chapter 3
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1698660

I helped close the last thread and I'm off to bed! Sorry to the late posters and early morning posters but Jennifer & I had fun!

Olivia, I loved the smilies!

I caught up from our last "home" before irealized the page number..so here is my additions :)
Debbie - That is a terrible situation! I hope they can get something figured out quickly! I will keep your family in my thoughts! :wizard:
Debbie-your family is in m ythoughts and prayers

32 pairs of shorts?! :scared1: I think I have 4, maybe 6.

i think i might have 4!

Jen, I loved the blog and info on the "twins". I'm so excited for you two. Continue to demand the care you need and deserve! You are your best advocate. I can't wait to hear about the sex of our two new DDA babies when you are ready to tell us. :cloud9: :love:

me too! im going to go with a 2 girls

Becky just told me that her boyfriend may have to go back to Iraq. He'll know tomorrow. He will be the first person that I know personally that is over there. I've had relatives and friends of my friends and my kids over there but no one I knew personally.

ETA: I just realized I forgot about one of my coworkers that went over there in the fall. She and I don't work closely together but she is on the project I'm on from a different division.

im sorry to hear that--im sure its going to be a long wait for them to find out tomororw---ill keep him in my prayers

i think im headed to bed---i babysit til 1130 and then went out for a couple drinks with our friends from massachusetts..apparently they are coming over for breakfast at 9am so im going to get a lovely wake up call im sure!2

have agood night all

Alright, I've got to run. The dr is calling in the new scrip, but the pharmacy closes at 6 so I've got to get there. Catch you soon.

Good luck with the meds!

Chuck just reminded me that we don't live in a warm climate which would be one of the reasons I don't need as many shorts as Elizabeth. Though, I don't think I have but 15-20 pairs of pants/jeans either. :lmao: Elizabeth, not only do you pack too much but you have too much! :rotfl:

FIRST of all, I have a job where I can wear shorts every day. I don't have separate work and casual attire - they are the same thing! I don't have any slacks, and I only have about 8 pairs of jeans. And I live in a warm climate. And I can't pass up a pair of shorts on clearance. And lastly there
is NO SUCH THING as having too many clothes! ;)

I just spoke to my sister-she invited us to a birthday party at ChuckECheese. We've never been to one. The kids should have fun.

She told me I sound so old.:sick:

Joe's got the cold now too and had the hives this afternoon. He hadn't eaten anything he hadn't had before so I think it must have been a viral thing. We gave him some Benedryl and it cleared up really quickly. He's cranky though-he must not feel well.

DS has had several CEC parties. They are loud, crowded, and expensive and the kids love every minute!
I hope Joe feels better soon! And you, too! Youshould be getting better by now!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is on TV right now! New version for those that haven't seen it... (which is probably just me and Bob...

I hadn't ever seen the whole thing. I did watch it tonight. :)

Denise - those are some pictures of you and the figs! Love the new hair too!!

Denise, I loved all the pics, old and new! :goodvibes Your hair looks great!

How can one accumulate 32 pairs of shorts!? :eek: ;)

I am gooooood at shopping! :rotfl2:

Elizabeth! Here is an article that will end the discussion of how to get all 32 pairs of shorts to WDW!!

http://money.aol.com/news/articles/_a/cant-travel-light-ship-dont-schlep/20080207103809990001

The thing about shipping them back and forth is that I worry about them getting misplaced by the hotel. And some of the hotels are starting to charge "storage" fees for boxes that arrive before you do. And shipping them home would be a pain because nobody is home during the day. I would have to have them shipped to work, then load them in the car and bring them home. But I will take this under advisement.

Maybe the rental car companies haven't gotten the memo that the economy is slowing, and they might need to be enticing people to rent a car!

That is just too sad, Jennifer. I can't believe she would treat her sons so differently!

:wizard: :wizard: for your mom, and that you guys don't catch it!

Elin, good luck with the car rates!

Jennifer, that girl needs to be slapped. I hope your sweet little nephew is doing OK!

Yeah, I had to figure it out earlier too. Terra and I stayed at the old Grosvenor for a night or two when we went for her 3rd birthday. From the site, it looks like they've totally redone the place. It was pretty nice when we were there, though our room was due for a little updating. We could walk to the Marketplace in under 5 minutes. I found that a lot easier than taking the DTD buses most days.

Is THAT what that hotel is? I remember hearing that the Grosvenor was doing a major remodel but I didn't know the name was changing.

That is really too bad. I hate to see siblings treated so inconsistently, but it's got to be harder when there are multiple families involved. Thankfully, DNephew has you guys to show him what a loving family really is. :love:

I agree!

You people were WAAAYY too chatty while I was gone! I never did have dinner so I am going to have a bowl of cereal and go to bed!

Off to the "world"

4am sure comes early!! It only 1 degree...and very windy...so far the plane is on time...cross your fingers.

Taking the laptop for work....so I will check in later.

Take care!!

Good morning, DDA! :sunny:

(thought I would post here too in case the other thread is locked in the near future)

Kristine - I hope the flight was fine. Enjoy the warmth of FL and WDW!

I know I missed you Kristine, but I hope you and Bill have a wonderful time!

Hello ladies! I posted there, now we're here.... Who knows! I assumed the DIS would get software like another board I've visited where the threads are locked and transferred automatically, including your subscriptions. Maybe eventually? :confused3

Hope you all are doing well! After several mild days (mid-40's) we're back down to windchills of single digits or below zero. Boo!

Hello ladies! I posted there, now we're here.... Who knows! I assumed the DIS would get software like another board I've visited where the threads are locked and transferred automatically, including your subscriptions. Maybe eventually? :confused3

Hope you all are doing well! After several mild days (mid-40's) we're back down to windchills of single digits or below zero. Boo!

Stay warm, Jennifer!

I think our old thread will be unlocked for a while, we seem to fly under the radar over here.

Well we were suposed to go out today, but we got thunder snow last night and it is still snowing. It snowed almost all day yesterday also, but it has not amounted to much.

So, unlike my SIL with whom I ate lunch yesterday, ultrasound pictures won't "creep [any of]you out" will they?! :rotfl:

I just took took our dog out & let her back in, it is to frigging cold out there!

Ugh... hang on. I had them all uploaded to flickr, which I have used here before, but it's not seeming to show as an image. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter