DDA Chapter 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could you get your windshield fixed at work?

It stinks that you have to deal with it! Hope your knee isn't too bad from the fall.:wizard:

I could, but it is a good excuse to not go in until later in the day. I have 2 registration clinics and an end of year dinner, so I know I will be getting home late. So I will have more then my normal hours in for the day anyways. My knee is alright it hurts a bit, but nothing major.

LONG VENT HERE. PASS BY IF YOU WANT.

Oh I could just hurt my MIL!!!! She has done some nasty things in her life (and I'm talking major child abuse here), but I've never seen my husband as hurt as he is right now!!!

We just got an email from her stating that due to our unbending attitude they will not be coming to the wedding, and we are seriously jeopardizing the future of her marriage to Bob. She told Alan he is a sad excuse for a son, and she is disappointed that he learned nothing about love from her. She also told him that since they want nothing to do with us that she will leave guardianship of her mentally handicapped daughter with Alan. Her words, "Marci can be your problem. Let's see how well you do with her!"

I could just rip her eyes out!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent!

You want me to come and help you rip some eyelids??

I am mad at her and I don't even know her!!:headache: :headache:

You want me to come and help you rip some eyelids??

I am mad at her and I don't even know her!!:headache: :headache:

I don't know why I'm so surprised. This is the same woman who told Alan to divorce me because I was infertile. Grrr.

Gotta run get Katie from school and take her to get new eyeglasses for our trip. Talk to y'all later! Hopefully, I'll calm down in the meantime!

I finished Lizzy's skirt. I went to Target at lunch and found the perfect T for it!:banana: And found a pair of bike shorts for her to wear under it so she can twirl to her hearts content.

Now I need to make Emma the shirt I promised her for Memorial Day.

0523081018.jpg

0523081017.jpg

0523081330.jpg

love it. I got a headband from the dollar section for Olivia that would look great with that if she would wear it.

Robyn :wizard: for Lucy.

Glynis:hug: for you and Alan. What a horrible mom he has.

Becky, can't wait to read your cruise report again. Rees loved the last one! (me too)

Thanks! We may be stowaway less this year. We are only checking 4 bags, plus carry ons for the 4 of us. If there is no room they may be left behind.

I am really going to need to pack strategically to ensure I have attire for everything. But not too much I will not use. I need pool attire, none pool attire and dressy clothing. But might need all 3 for one day. Times many days equals lots of laundry. A great activity for 2am.

Oh I could just hurt my MIL!!!! She has done some nasty things in her life (and I'm talking major child abuse here), but I've never seen my husband as hurt as he is right now!!!

I think I told you all a while ago that she got engaged right before our niece's death to her potential husband number 6. She met him online, then met him in person and after they had known each other (face to face) for about 2 days they got engaged. We were all concerned about how this marriage is going to affect our kids. Well, before we could express our concerns to her, she sent an email to all the kids announcing her marriage. She didn't give anyone enough time to make it to the ceremony, not forgetting that it was just 1 day after Carissa's funeral! Talk about being blindsided. We all know that the reason she didn't tell us in time to make it to the ceremony is so that she can call us ungrateful and hateful children. Emotional abuse is her specialty.

She wouldn't take any phone calls right after her wedding, so Alan emailed her to wish her well, and to express our concerns about our children calling this new man "grandpa" since none of them know him. We asked for a period of time where he could be called Mr. Garrard, or Bob if he wanted, until we could see that the marriage was going to last. In my kids short lives they have lost 4 "grandpas" with her. One to death (Alan's father) and 3 to divorce. It's just too much to ask kids to emotionally bond with someone who may or may not be there in 9 months (that's a typical marriage for her since Alan's dad died).

At first, her husband was very understanding, but apparently she whipped him into a frenzy, telling him half truths and outright lies. Last week, we got an email from them telling us what horrible people we are to treat Bob like a child molester. Don't we care about his feelings, etc., etc. We emailed back reiterating that we hope their marriage is long lasting, but we have to watch out for the welfare of our children first. She is a grown woman and could look out for herself, but our kids need us to advocate for them. She called Alan and told him that she guessed that she understood, and was looking forward to our nephews wedding tomorrow to put the "new rules" into effect. They worked out what the kids would call Bob, and Alan said, "this will only work if you play by the rules. No going behind our backs to the kids about "grandpa." She has done this to my BIL's 4 year old daughter and told her that her parents are evil for not allowing her (Mattie ) to have a new grandpa. So, Bob would be her "secret" grandpa.

We just got an email from her stating that due to our unbending attitude they will not be coming to the wedding, and we are seriously jeopardizing the future of her marriage to Bob. She told Alan he is a sad excuse for a son, and she is disappointed that he learned nothing about love from her. She also told him that since they want nothing to do with us that she will leave guardianship of her mentally handicapped daughter with Alan. Her words, "Marci can be your problem. Let's see how well you do with her!"

Oh Glynis, she is truly awful! Every story you tell about her gets worse! I hope Alan can try and see through her and let it go when he can, although I'm sure it's impossible coming from his own mother! :( :hug:

I think I told you all a while ago that she got engaged right before our niece's death to her potential husband number 6. She met him online, then met him in person and after they had known each other (face to face) for about 2 days they got engaged. We were all concerned about how this marriage is going to affect our kids. Well, before we could express our concerns to her, she sent an email to all the kids announcing her marriage. She didn't give anyone enough time to make it to the ceremony, not forgetting that it was just 1 day after Carissa's funeral! Talk about being blindsided. We all know that the reason she didn't tell us in time to make it to the ceremony is so that she can call us ungrateful and hateful children. Emotional abuse is her specialty.

She wouldn't take any phone calls right after her wedding, so Alan emailed her to wish her well, and to express our concerns about our children calling this new man "grandpa" since none of them know him. We asked for a period of time where he could be called Mr. Garrard, or Bob if he wanted, until we could see that the marriage was going to last. In my kids short lives they have lost 4 "grandpas" with her. One to death (Alan's father) and 3 to divorce. It's just too much to ask kids to emotionally bond with someone who may or may not be there in 9 months (that's a typical marriage for her since Alan's dad died).

At first, her husband was very understanding, but apparently she whipped him into a frenzy, telling him half truths and outright lies. Last week, we got an email from them telling us what horrible people we are to treat Bob like a child molester. Don't we care about his feelings, etc., etc. We emailed back reiterating that we hope their marriage is long lasting, but we have to watch out for the welfare of our children first. She is a grown woman and could look out for herself, but our kids need us to advocate for them. She called Alan and told him that she guessed that she understood, and was looking forward to our nephews wedding tomorrow to put the "new rules" into effect. They worked out what the kids would call Bob, and Alan said, "this will only work if you play by the rules. No going behind our backs to the kids about "grandpa." She has done this to my BIL's 4 year old daughter and told her that her parents are evil for not allowing her (Mattie ) to have a new grandpa. So, Bob would be her "secret" grandpa.

What a B-otch. First of all calm down. She is not worth risking the stress for you or the baby. Secondly do what I do in situations like this. Consider the source. She is known to not be mentally stable and she has a history of manipulation. Her opinion of you or your husband really means nothing in reality as she has lost touch with reality. The thing you may not see is that you have given her guidelines, which she is now recognizing as she is trying to manipulate her way around them. We all can see that her relationship will not work out for any length of time. Look at it this way, if she disassocates herself from Alan then you will have that length of time to have a healthy pregnancy. Once her relationship ends she will find her way back, with more manipulation I'm sure. I know that this is my opinion, but it is based on what we have heard tell of her. I think it is probably best for Alan to stop communications with her though I'm sure it will be difficult for him. He can focus on what's truly important, your family, the one that you are building together. Give her time and space to realize that she is the one missing out, by then she will realize who she is married to now and that will be done or more likely he will realize that she is crazy and he will end it.

I'm ok. Not really, but nothing I'm not "used to". Said inlaws are coming over today, and apparently now staying the night which Kyle and I had a lovely fight about. I'm measuring over 43 weeks pregnant, cry every day and night in pain that I've had for months and am NOT in the mood to play hostess -- especially to someone who drives me insane, moreso every time I see her. :mad:

Thanks for asking though ;)

I'm sorry to hear that you are having to deal with this. In-laws aren't easy. I hope that you have the same luck that I did. pixiedust:

My MIL and I did not get along for many, many years as she didn't think I was good enough (or took good enough care of) her son. Whenever we went to visit them, I would get all stressed out. The day I graduated from college (I was 29-1/2, Katrina was 6 and Becky was 3), my MIL said "Maybe you can start taking care of Chuck now" - after 9 years of marriage!

The last 8-10 years they have realized that I take great care of their son. He is very happy because of our life together. Their other children aren't so happy. We also raised wonderful, respectful, loving children (grandchildren). It amazes me how much we care for each other and get along now.

Terry, how is Hal feeling?

He is doing much better. Bruising is pretty much gone.
He was outside weeding and mowing tonight so he will be free this weekend. He came in all tired so he is listening to his music now.

Very nice Bernadette :thumbsup2

I finished Lizzy's skirt. I went to Target at lunch and found the perfect T for it!:banana: And found a pair of bike shorts for her to wear under it so she can twirl to her hearts content.

Now I need to make Emma the shirt I promised her for Memorial Day.

0523081018.jpg

0523081017.jpg

0523081330.jpg

Poor Lucy :hug: Hope she is feeling better soon :wizard:

Well, we are back from the doctors. Lucy has a raging ear infection in one ear. Our doctor was surprised that Lucy was able to sleep last night. She also gave me drops for her eyes as they are still gunky.

Enjoy the cruise Debbie & relax!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone, this time tomorrow we will be onboard. The port is only about an hour away so we don't leave here until tomorrow, it's been a hectic week at work, I tried to get as much done as I possible could as my work will just get pushed to the side and wait for me to get back and play catch up.

Has Jen left yet, Have a Wonderful Cruise!

Sorry about the windshield, but happy you were able to buy your tickets!

Then I headed back to the airport to buy tickets. So now we basically have all transportation booked except for a rental car from the Port in FL to the airport. Let's just say I should have booked the tickets online then I would not have to get my windshield fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter