DDA Chapter 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had the money I would be staying at the Poly this trip ::yes::

I got frustrated with the AP site, there is just no availability unless I want to pay rack rate :headache:

I hate to admit this, but I am not real excited about the trip at the moment. I'm sure we will enjoy POR, but I really had my heart set on something else.

Oh well I shouldn't pout at least we are going, right :confused3

AP rates are up on the Passholder site. :)

I can get the Poly for $269 (or was it $259?) for the nights I need, but I am trying to take money OFF, not add more on! :rotfl: Our rack rate room is $225. I know people love the Poly, but it's not one on my "to do" list so I can pass. DH just picked up DS and he wasn't pushing for a stay at the Poly, either, so we're in agreement.

Same here, that is why I stocked up yesterday :thumbsup2 But for those who didn't, it is better than nothing.

Janet, hopefully the boiling of water doesn't last long. As a 2 person household 2 gallons of water won't go far, as I drink water all day long.

Did you ever go over & over & over your resort, dining, & days in the parks schedule so much that your head ached!!!????:headache:

(yeah, I guess most of us have.):hyper:

I got frustrated with the AP site, there is just no availability unless I want to pay rack rate :headache:

I hate to admit this, but I am not real excited about the trip at the moment. I'm sure we will enjoy POR, but I really had my heart set on something else.

I know how you feel..the resort choice can really "make" the trip. I felt that way about Pop this April. Alot of people like POR & it's very relaxing there.

I have been giving considerable thought to switching BC to POR just to save $. It would be a nice savings. We do have 2 big trips this year & going deluxe for both make my knees shake.:laughing:

By the way theresa, good luck today!QUOTE]
Good luck Theresa and you too Jen!!!:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

ap Rates Are Out! Call Now!!!
As I 'knew' would be the case AAA is a much better deal for me. Elizabeth how much more was Poly than WL? Have you ever been to the Poly? I think they have the best transportation options with boat or monorail to MK and walk to TTC for direct monorail to Epcot.

Well, it looks like my AAA rate will probably be the best that Disney has to offer since the AP rates that were released today stop on the day we arrive.
I wouldn't give up hope yet.

We had a lot of levies break, so it may be a few days.

Thankfully my ear is not hurting as much, but my throat is still sore. I'm sure once the antibiotics get in my system I will be better in no time!
Hope you continue to see quick improvement in your health and that the boil order ends soon.

Last night Chris and I were working on coming up with Stroller bag plans. I feel like we may be forgetting something important. This is what we've come up with so far...what am I missing?

We will have 2 wheelchairs so we have room for bags and no one will have to carry much.

each chair has a sun canopy and rain cover which we will probably leave on
Rain ponchos/jackets
First Aid kit
hand sanitizer
baby wipes (for hands/messes)
hiney wipes (Colby couldn't possible go without them :lmao: )
nail file & clippers
sunblock and lip balm
Autograph pages/clipboard
book of tradeable pins
Each kid has a drink bottle which attaches to clips on the stroller
snacks/drink mix
swim chamois

What else might we need :confused3
I always have a few ziplock bags just in case you need them and a few blank index cards for notes or small notebook.

How about camera memory and batteries?

I have a small hairbrush but you don't need that with your new cute do.

Well I had CSR booked for Aug., but that was not available with the AP rate, so now I have POR booked.

When will the madness end :rotfl:
:wizard: Hope CSR pops up for you!

We're all doing great! I just wrote out a long reply to a friend and realized I hadn't given many details, so I'm going to try and update the blog with a bunch. They are doing wonderfully though, not needing any help with anything. So far, they're perfect! ;)

I have been up and moving since about 5 hours post-op, I was determined to because as much as it sucks I know it really does speed things up! I got a shower and wore regular clothes yesterday, and today I'm pretty much feeling back to almost normal.... so much so that I sometimes forget I just had surgery 2 days ago and do something stupid and am quickly reminded :rotfl:

We just got the official word that we all go home tomorrow morning! We knew the babies would go when we did, there were just conflicting reports on when that would be (ranging from this afternoon to Friday). We can't wait! :goodvibes
Glad to hear everyone is doing so well!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh silly me :faint: I make sure that we all wear microfiber on the days we might get wet on rides. That way it dries quickly and it actually feels good to cool off a bit. I am debating about carrying an extra pair of shorts for Colby. I fear that he will nap and he might have an accident. The question is do we carry a pull up to put on him. I'm sure he won't plan to nap and will just conk on making putting a pull up on near impossible or just take a pair of shorts to change him into later. Of course then his seat will be wet too :confused3 Maybe a little waterproof pad to slip under him :confused3 That is my dilema.
I would just take an extra pair of shorts-they would be pretty small. You never know what he could sit in or something too.

So Daniel & I dropped off the girls to school. We were running some errands (he is such a good helper) & deciding on where to go for lunch. We were just headed to his orthodontist appt when my cell phone rings...(queue the Darth Vadar theme song now)

It was the school nurse, "Katie is not feeling well...she looks pale to me" she says. So we run over to pick her up & she is throwing up in the nurses office. I felt so bad for her. I am just glad she didn't get sick in class in front of her friends. The poor thing was covered head to toe in it. So we took her home & she took a shower. She still doesn't feel well & is very worried because tonight is her recital rehearsal which is mandatory. No rehearsal = no performance. I am trying to calm her down & hopefully she will feel better before tonight.

She didn't eat anything differently before school however she did paint her nails so maybe the smell made her naseous???
Poor Katie. Hope she's feeling up to rehersal.:wizard:

I can understand your need for it, with the strollers and all. We had one once, the very first time we went, when the kids were 4 and 2, and used it once or twice. Most of the time we took the busses. Then when Kristine, Kate and I went we had a car. It seemed like it took just as long using the car, by the time we figured out which way to go to get to the park, then parking and walking, etc. I've never had an entire trip that was a bad experience with bus service. Of course there are occasional times when we would have to wait longer than usual, but then there are times when they come immediately. So it all evens itself out. For me, the savings of NOT having a rental car are worth a slight bit of aggravation.
:thumbsup2

Oh poor thing. I hope she is well enough to make it to rehearsal. Give her a bucket to take with her just in case. ;) Feel better fast, Katie! :wizard: :wizard:
Or plastic bag she can put in her pocket.

I did! Three pair of Docker's capris for a little over $50 and then $10 in Kohl's cash back to use later. Not bad... :)
:cool1:

Yes, I do think an hour EVERY time is inaccurate. Which is why I think for 7 nights we can utilize a combo of buses and taxis and not come out too bad. The thing is, we'll have to ALLOW an hour. If a bus hasn't arrived in 30 minutes we'll have to get a cab. Sometimes we'll do better than an hour, sometimes we won't. :confused3

The rental car thing has me completely befuddled. I am a smart girl - really, I am - but I can NOT seem to sort out the rental car thing. Other people using the SAME EXACT CODES are getting the same car for half of what my quote is. I can't understand what they are doing different. When I went through the Sam's website it was the same price as NO discount. :headache: Apparently there is another code number that I need to get from Sam's - going through the website doesn't do it. The only thing I can figure is that there is something about my particular dates OR getting the car from the Dolphin that is making my price higher.

What if you try MCO first and then change to Dolphin????

AP rates are up on the Passholder site. :)

I can get the Poly for $269 (or was it $259?) for the nights I need, but I am trying to take money OFF, not add more on! :rotfl: Our rack rate room is $225. I know people love the Poly, but it's not one on my "to do" list so I can pass. DH just picked up DS and he wasn't pushing for a stay at the Poly, either, so we're in agreement.
I would give it some thought. The rooms at the Poly are really nice and the monorail access to Epcot is great.

:hug: You'll be fine once you get there and I'm sure it doesn't help that you are sick.:hug:

Last year I wasn't crazy about missing out on bounceback free dining that I could have book in Dec 06 but completely forgot about it. I didn't qualify for general public free dining because of my dates and I was feeling like I was getting screwed while all these other "less deserving" folks;) got really good postcard deals.:headache: I did end up with a general public code that beat AAA but still not the "best" deal. Once I got there I didn't care about any of that and while POR isn't my favorite resort we still had a great time. I'm sure my "issues" with POR won't be a problem for you. My biggest gripe is that they don't have hot dogs or PBJ's in the food court.:laughing: Do only value resort people eat those???? I am really looking forward to trying the family suites but I'm worried that I won't love ASMu. The photos of the place don't excite me. I really love Pop (and I really LOVE the Poly but not enough to pay for it....). I wish they would complete the other 1/2 and make more suites.

Disney shopping stinks. The price of shipping is more then the code discount and then there is sales tax. :headache:

I find that is the case with most of the websites I've been dealing with...Amazon gave me a 3 month trial of Amazon Prime, which is free 2nd day shipping and I have been taking full advantage of that when I absolutely need to order something.

:hug: You'll be fine once you get there and I'm sure it doesn't help that you are sick.:hug:

You hit that one right on! I am being very cranky beings I'm not feeling well & I am taking it out on Disney :rotfl: I really don't mean to sound ungrateful, I know we are lucky to even be going. I promise I will get over it :goodvibes I did not realize the food court did not have hot dogs though, my boys really like those as well. Guess they will have to get their fill at the parks :thumbsup2

It will be fine! :hug: I have been fooling around with June/July AP rates from the day they were released. The availability changed every day. The availability for August will change, too!

Did you ever go over & over & over your resort, dining, & days in the parks schedule so much that your head ached!!!????:headache:

(yeah, I guess most of us have.):hyper:

Um, hello? I go over it so much that not only MY head hurts, all of YOUR heads hurt, too! :rotfl2:

It will be fine! :hug: I have been fooling around with June/July AP rates from the day they were released. The availability changed every day. The availability for August will change, too!

Um, hello? I go over it so much that not only MY head hurts, all of YOUR heads hurt, too! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

I just can't get it out of my head that we would save approx $1500 if we moved to POR...but I am a BC snob...That's me, a beggar & a chooser!

You hit that one right on! I am being very cranky beings I'm not feeling well & I am taking it out on Disney :rotfl: I really don't mean to sound ungrateful, I know we are lucky to even be going. I promise I will get over it :goodvibes I did not realize the food court did not have hot dogs though, my boys really like those as well. Guess they will have to get their fill at the parks :thumbsup2
The other food there was great. They had a really nice made to order pasta station-you chose your pasta, your sauce, what veggies, and could add shrimp or chicken. It was really good and the portions were huge! I got Emma plain pasta one night but she wouldn't eat it because it was a high protein pasta and she didn't like the look of it. I think she's a tiny bit better this year but I'll enjoy having the microwave and I'm bringing a hot pot too so she can have soup or hot dogs or easymac.

You enablers have me thinking about the Poly. We're having breakfast there one morning, but it is easy to get there from WL. DS really wants to go back to WL. And DH is still griping about his tripod and his camera bag that he HAS to have for the trip. :headache:
No. We're not doing the Poly. WL it is!

Jennifer - I just read your updated blog. You sound truly happy and content now that your pregnancy ride is over. I am so thrilled for you and Kyle that you were able to realize your dream of having a family. What miracles!

This made me tear up :) I really appreciate the support we've received from this group throughout this whole journey! They really are miracles and we are absolutely in love with them! :teeth:

You enablers have me thinking about the Poly. We're having breakfast there one morning, but it is easy to get there from WL. DS really wants to go back to WL. And DH is still griping about his tripod and his camera bag that he HAS to have for the trip. :headache:
No. We're not doing the Poly. WL it is!

Yeah but with the Poly you will have no worries about transport. ;)

This made me tear up :) I really appreciate the support we've received from this group throughout this whole journey! They really are miracles and we are absolutely in love with them! :teeth:
Must be the hormones! :rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter