DDA's New Year's Weight Loss accountability Thread

my3princes

<font color=red>Looking for a milestone to claim<b
Hi, My name is Deb and I'm am making a New Year's resolution to lose weight. I know this is a popular resolution, but I would really like to hold myself too it. Over 2 years ago I began my weight lose journey and am proud to say that I lost 50 lbs. I have not been diligent in my efforts of late and have gained 10 of those lbs back. My goal is to lose those 10 lbs and an additional 15. I was able to keep the 50 lbs off for over a year and a half and I know that I can do it if I stay focused and am held accountable. That is why I am starting this thread. I have made many friends here in the DDA. I would love some of you to join me and we can hold each other accountable. I have participated is several WISH challenges over the years, but I feel very close to this group of people and would be less likely to stray from my goals if I am accountable to you.

So if any of my DDA friends would like to join me, this is the place to join. We won't start until January 1st. By that time we should set our individual goals and how we plan to achieve those goals. Post your diet and exercise plans and what you need from us, your friends to keep you on track.

I think that this could be a fun and supportive environment.

Deb

Deb - I am in!!!

I would love to lose 40 pounds!! I plan on following the diabetic diet once the new year starts - when I have a little more time and get it all together - I will post it here!

I belong to a health club but it seems so hard to find the time to go - designing t-shirts and all ;)

but I only have to be there 1/2 an hour to do the circuit and I know DH will be happy to help me out!!!

Id like to join too..i would love to lose 10-15 pounds..I have had my thyroid removed and am on medicine for that which makes my weight go crazy..i want to start working otu more and just lose these pounds! thanks for letting me join!

Me too, me too!

My background: I had a health scare in late October and thought my symptoms might mean diabetes. Happily it was something totally different, very benign, and my symptoms have completely vanished, but it was a wake-up call nonetheless. Since then, I've been watching my sugar intake (Diet Coke instead of regular) and lost 8 of the 15 pounds I had gained in the past year and a half since weaning DS. I'm at a plateau now and Christmas cookies sure aren't helping.

I'll be glad to post here come January and hope to look good in my bathing suit when we go to BCV in March. Great idea, Deb!

Deb,
Count me in.
I have been trying to get rid of 30 to 40 lbs for the past 6 years. Thyroid went out of wack. Then problems with the back. Starting symptoms of Fibromyialgia (sp). The best exercise I got was when Steffy and I were in WDW. All that walking was doing me good.

Terry

Wow, what a response in a short time. Thank you guys. I'll be posting my plans soon and hope to have more people join us. I lost my 50 lbs following Atkins so I'll probably do that diet again, but I really need to work in an exercise plan. I'm hoping to get dh onboard too. He did it with me last time and we were both successful. My oldest could stand to eat better and exercise more so I maybe looking at a household lifestyle change. Lots to think about.

Deb

I want in also. My problem is that I can't eat aspertame because it triggers my miganes. Also, messed up my knee in the ocean last summer and have a tough time working out at Curves. I would like to ultimately lose 50 pounds but will settle for anything right now.

My Dfriend is doing weight watchers and has lost 50 pounds. She looks great. I may have to try it. I think having to pay every week will make me stay on track.

Apparently I am not supposed to post this. :badpc:

I so totally need to do this. Ever since I have graduated from college my activity level has plummeted. I was always walking around campus, running up and down steps, marching in the marching band and going to the gym to work out. Although suprisingly my weight has not changed by more than about 5 pounds since my activity level has dropped. Although I have been about 50 to 75 pounds overweight from the time I started college to current day.

Although I ate out most meals in college suprisingly they were probably more healthy than now since I don't take the time to sit down and eat a proper meal. I might grab a pack of crackers or cookies and a soda, instead of sitting down and eating some chicken and vegetables.

If I would sit down and eat healthy foods, cut out the soda and all the junk food and exercise everyday, I would be in much better shape.

Becky

You can all count on me for support - I'd like to lose weight too, but for now, plan on my support!!

Count me in. I need to lose about 60 pounds. I started about three months ago and have only lost about 15 pounds. It has been hard staying on task with all the holidays. I tried NutraSystem and it did help me to lose some but I really did not like the food.

I think if I just cut back on my food intake and exercise daily or at least every other day I could lose. I really would like to lose at least 20 pounds before my February 15 WDW trip. I know I am dreaming, but it never hurts to dream.

I'm in!!! I have probably gained 10 lbs since October. I really want to get it back off plus another 25. I am a forever Weight Watchers person and I really believe it works if you stick to your points. I have already marked on my calendar to join on Jan 5th.

Lynn

I'm in too. As most of you know, I had gastric bypass in October and to date I've lost 50 pounds. I still need help keeping on track with the eating program which is really strict. For example, I can have 3 Tablespoons of protein and 1 Tablespoon of vegetables. No fruit, no soda, no candy. Nothing I really love.

I also need to pick up my exercise program. That's where I need the most accountability. Right now I should be walking up to 3 miles away. Please help motivate me to do this.

I, also, will be here on 1/1 with a plan.

I had previously lost 65+ lbs. with WW (different program than now), and lost 40 with Atkins.

I would like to work within the South Beach confines this time and need to start exercising.

Glynis - wow, 50 lbs in 2 months! How wonderful! Congrats on the success and when you get bummed and crave something bad, go stand on the scales. Your success will be all the "nourishment" you need.

I guess I'm in too. Gee don't I sound excited? It's very hard for me to get motivated. I don't care for the low carb plans like Atkins etc .... I know I could never stick to it.

I really need to think about it ... and commit to it ...

This would be very helpful for me too. I need to lose a total of 35-40 pounds. I am just going to cut back on my calorie intake, watch the types and quantities of foods I eat and start to exercise. Diet plans don't work for me. I just gain it all back when the "diet" is over. I want to change my habits so that I can try to keep it off this time.

I'm a pepsiholic. I was drinking 72+ oz. of pepsi a day (there are 100 calories per 8 oz.). I have gotten down to less than 24 oz. per day for the last month. I have also started parking farther away from the store to increase the walk plus walking up the stairs if it is only a couple of floors. I have also been watching my portions.

For the first time in years, I've lost 12 pounds since the end of October. Now, I need to increase my water intake and start a real exercise program. I need help with the accountability side of things. I know if I'm posting my status occasionally, it will keep me motivated.

I'm still trying to figure out my best weight loss strategy. I do know that my fat pants are getting tight so I must lose weight or shop. I am actually pretty excited about getting started. Exercise is my downfall. I think I will make a committment to exercise for at least 10 minutes a day, but set a personl goal of 20 minutes. I have the walk away the pounds for abs video series and if I walk the one mile tape I will make my committment. We also have weights, nautilus equipment and a treadmill (I've had good intentions in the past too) so I have no excuse. DDA's hold me to it.......Please.

Deb

my3princes said:
I'm still trying to figure out my best weight loss strategy. I do know that my fat pants are getting tight so I must lose weight or shop. I am actually pretty excited about getting started. Exercise is my downfall. I think I will make a committment to exercise for at least 10 minutes a day, but set a personl goal of 20 minutes. I have the walk away the pounds for abs video series and if I walk the one mile tape I will make my committment. We also have weights, nautilus equipment and a treadmill (I've had good intentions in the past too) so I have no excuse. DDA's hold me to it.......Please.

Deb

Hey - how about if each night we have a designated time where we all exercise together - just a ten minute time frame (for us late owls - and we just all agree to go do something for that ten minutes) and we aren't allowed on during that ten minutes - if we already did something that day we don't have to do it - but then we all know that everyone is expecting us to be exercising!!!

julia & nicks mom said:
Hey - how about if each night we have a designated time where we all exercise together - just a ten minute time frame (for us late owls - and we just all agree to go do something for that ten minutes) and we aren't allowed on during that ten minutes - if we already did something that day we don't have to do it - but then we all know that everyone is expecting us to be exercising!!!

That works for me. I hope to get it done in the morning, but if I don't succeed it would be good for us to have a mandatory exercise time (detention) if we don't get it done earlier. I think together we can all succeed.

Deb

I'm in.

I'm not going to say how much I have to lose, but I'll start with 50 pounds. I think if I start with how much I would like to lose altogether, it would just overwhelm me. :rolleyes:

So I'll start with an attainable 50 and then I can bite off more (pun intended) :love:

I joined the gym in November right before Thanksgiving. I was going every day and then I needed new gym shoes. My ankle turned. :rolleyes: Always an excuse.

I now have new Nike shocks. I have gym clothes. I have the softest socks in the world. I have a Disney FM radio (thanks tinker1bell's sister!) so I can listen to the TV while I use the cardio equipment. My ankle is as well as it's going to get.... :banana:

I need to get in shape. We walked so much in WDW that our thighs were tight. I knew we shouldn't have stopped..... but we did.

I love this thread. I do think I will be accountable to my DDA friends.

As far as diet, I do best with the no white food diet. No bread, sugar, pasta, potatoes, rice, milk or flour. If I stick to meats, cheese, fruits and veggies, I'm fine. I can eat as much of any of those items and lose weight fine. I need to drink water. Lots of water... I feel much better when I eat like that and exercise.

So I better hurry and make the cookies with my DGD, as I'm so in on the 1st! :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter