DDA's New Year's Weight Loss accountability Thread

Hellooooooo.....?

Anybody still here? :) It's time for me to make my way back here, at least to stay on the right track with exercise and healthy eating.

To my surprise, I'm actually significantly below my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm holding off on saying exactly how much, what I want to lose or what my goals will be, etc until after my OB follow up appointment, but I know that I need to work at keeping the weight off. I was talking to my mom the other day, and I told her that it would be VERY easy to gain as much weight not pregnant as I did pregnant, and if I gained back to what I weighed while pregnant with twins, that would be quite pitiful! Unfortunately, it would probably be fairly easy to do since I no longer have 2 piggies inside stealing everything, so I know that even if I don't "diet" I'm going to have to make a conscious effort to stay healthy so as not to creep that direction! :rotfl:

Also, of course, I need to exercise because I've discovered the "mommy pouch" that others have talked about, and it ain't pretty! ;) I'm pretty sure mine is mostly skin which I hear is hopeless :sad: .... but just in case, I would like to start developing some sort of fitness program to get back in the swing of things once I get the OK from my doctor. Finally, I desperately need to build up some strength again since I was so malnourished (literally) most of my pregnancy, and then on bedrest the last quarter of it.

So... is there anyone still hanging around here, or should I head to the WISH boards? I hope you all are doing well with whatever your current goals might be! :goodvibes

I'm still here Jennifer :)

I had to giggle about the mommy pouch :rotfl: I have one & I have finally given in to the fact that it is staying with me. Of course I do not like to exercise, so that is part of my problem.

I have gained some weight since Dec. & I keep telling myself I need to get it under control before I am back where I started. I am like a yo-yo, up & down :sad2:

Hi Jen! I'm around. I just kind of kicked it back in gear on Saturday. I hadn't been doing well since starting my new job and trying to figure out how to balance everything. I still don't know if I've figured it out, but I've got to try! So far I'm managed to maintain, but I don't want to start creeping up.

With 2009 just a couple of days away I thought it was time to resurrect this thread. I find that the start of a new year is always a great time to jump back on the weighloss/maintenance bandwagon. This year is no acception. I am hoping to see 130 lbs next year along with a size 6. This will require me to try harder than ever before, but I am ready to commit. Anyone else out there ready to committ?

I need to do something as well! Not sure what approach I will take this time. I haven't stepped on a scale for a while, too scared of what it will read :rolleyes1

I'm hoping to lose at least 10 pounds before our trip in March & we will see where I go from there.

Welcome aboard Janet. I think we've made this trip together before. I'm beginning to feel like Oprah with my yoyo weight :lmao:

OK people it is officially the first day of the year. Chris and I are totally committed (it is still morning afterall ;) ) We began at midnight, hopefully we can stick to it as we both really need to.

Hello All...My name is Jes and losing weight (and getting healthy overall!) is my New Year's Resolution as well! I would like to lose about 35 pounds!

I have stuggled with my weight all of my adult life. I look at food and I gain weight. When I put my mind to it, I can lose weight too. But I have a sweet tooth and I hate to exercise so it is easy to make excuses.

We are going on a trip this June and my main goal is to just feel comfortable in my skin and my clothes. My sister's family is going with us this trip (we have both been to Disney lots with our respective families but never together!) and I really want to be able to get family pictures that I won't be embarrassed to display!

Trip aside, I am just tired of never feeling happy with myself and stuggling daily to get dressed. I hate clothes shopping!

My plan is to follow Weight Watchers on my own and exercise for now using Wii Fit and other Wii games and taking my dog for walks.

Good Luck to all! And thanks for letting me share my story...sometimes it helps to just put it all out there.

Jes

Hello All...My name is Jes and losing weight (and getting healthy overall!) is my New Year's Resolution as well! I would like to lose about 35 pounds!

I have stuggled with my weight all of my adult life. I look at food and I gain weight. When I put my mind to it, I can lose weight too. But I have a sweet tooth and I hate to exercise so it is easy to make excuses.

We are going on a trip this June and my main goal is to just feel comfortable in my skin and my clothes. My sister's family is going with us this trip (we have both been to Disney lots with our respective families but never together!) and I really want to be able to get family pictures that I won't be embarrassed to display!

Trip aside, I am just tired of never feeling happy with myself and stuggling daily to get dressed. I hate clothes shopping!

My plan is to follow Weight Watchers on my own and exercise for now using Wii Fit and other Wii games and taking my dog for walks.

Good Luck to all! And thanks for letting me share my story...sometimes it helps to just put it all out there.

Jes

Welcome Jes

You are right it does help to put it all out there, it also helps to report in regularly. I too hate exercise. I am going to do weight watchers on my own also. I work nights and it is too hard to make meetings. I know that I can do it as I've seen myself do it, I just get comfortable then stop. This time I'd like to lose more as I'm approaching 40 years old and it certainly will not get any easier.

I weighed in this morning. I survived the first month of my healthier life and managed not to get derailed at all. That being said I "only" lost about 7 lbs. My goal for the month was to reach 150 lbs, but I'm still 1.6 lbs away from that goal. At least I'm that much closer. My goal for each of the upcoming months is a 5 lbs per month loss. I also plan to start a regular exercise program on Feb 9. I'm actually very excited about this. I have to wonder if it will effect my weight loss as muscle is heavier than fat, but only time will tell. My overall goal for this year is to be in the best shape of my life by my 40th birthday in September. I've given myself plenty of time so i just need to keep picking away at that goal. At least I feel like I'm making the right choices and taking baby steps :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear how all of you are doing. Your support here means more than you will ever know.

I weighed in this morning. I survived the first month of my healthier life and managed not to get derailed at all. That being said I "only" lost about 7 lbs. My goal for the month was to reach 150 lbs, but I'm still 1.6 lbs away from that goal. At least I'm that much closer. My goal for each of the upcoming months is a 5 lbs per month loss. I also plan to start a regular exercise program on Feb 9. I'm actually very excited about this. I have to wonder if it will effect my weight loss as muscle is heavier than fat, but only time will tell. My overall goal for this year is to be in the best shape of my life by my 40th birthday in September. I've given myself plenty of time so i just need to keep picking away at that goal. At least I feel like I'm making the right choices and taking baby steps :thumbsup2

I can't wait to hear how all of you are doing. Your support here means more than you will ever know.

Good job, Deb!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

I haven't really lost much but I have actually been exercising pretty consistently, which is huge for me. lol

Good job, Deb!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

I haven't really lost much but I have actually been exercising pretty consistently, which is huge for me. lol

Good for you. That's the part I need to add into my life. I am working on it though. Hopefully a job at the aquatics center will have me in the pool everyday :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter